[3.2] "Classical" Mjolner by Rico

Rico, i'm currently playing the witch version of your mjolner from the other thread, already tried out jugg. I think my items are pretty decent (I think my profile is on public so could you check it for me?) Also, is there any way I could squeeze 6k-6.5k life out of a mjolner discharge build. I've been putting stuff and making in PoB and I can't find a solution. I wouldn't mind even having 150k dps total, if I could just get good attack speed, not have to use cyclone, and be able to have that amount of life. =( 6.5k is my safety goal. I currently have around 4k atm as you can tell by my tree.

Also, I'm curious about rolling into an inquisitor, I don't think I like elementalist golem managing. It's pretty hectic for me.

I'm trying to get my personal benchmark life (6k-6.5K) So I can have a little room for error. Sometimes when I go into a boss room, first half a second I may lag. But only certain things. Burial chambers map, when izaro first comes into the fight, things like that. And for that i'm wanting to give up cyclone.

I'm really wanting to get the hang of lab farming, and wanting to do it with a non cyclone mjolner discharge build. As well as being able to take my friends through uber lab when they need it. 6-6.5k life would be where my head would need to be for this to happen.

Nothing seems to be working in my favor on PoB when I use it to try to tweak it for my liking. Any help on this would be appreciated (As an Inquisitor, using any skill that gets the job done)
Last edited by Omnireborn1 on Mar 18, 2018, 3:31:49 AM
It is very hard to grind 6.5k life on mjolner build that is using kingsguard. It was possible with Berserker using Kaoms chest before the vaal pakt nerf. However 6k life pool is all you need to be very safe and that can be done with good jewels and at least lvl 93 character.

Regarding Witch/Elementalist version that Ive posted in the Juggernaut thread. I did all Elder Guardians and all Shaper Guardians with it, also Elder himself. And as long as you have some kind of life regen for your golems (be it primordial jewel with 2% life regen for golems or 1.7% minion life regen from tree) and use +1 to gems item with at least lvl 3 empower and lvl 20-21 golems they become preatty much immortal. My stone golem has over 30k life and regens 600 life per sec in that setup. He died once vs Chimera, once vs Minotaur and thats it. He even survived trough entire Elder fight.

Now back to inquisitor version. Be mindfull that this one here is a different play style. And if you re comming from a cyclone based mjolner you need to adjust yourself to it. Also flasks are more important here, especially diamond flask. Lvling is a pain in the ass until mjolner gear. After all of that this one here has best clear speed and boss dps that is without rf on pair with other 2 versions with rf.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Mar 18, 2018, 4:56:14 AM
I will be re-rolling a level 78 into an inquisitor, so I got it easy. But I hate, hate, hate, cyclone. If I had 6k life, and I hate a build that auto attacks, I could just stand in a boss and just wait for them to just die while attacking, yeah? I just know at 6k life, on a crit, uber izaro as well as minotaur can 1 shot you.
"
Omnireborn1 wrote:
I will be re-rolling a level 78 into an inquisitor, so I got it easy. But I hate, hate, hate, cyclone. If I had 6k life, and I hate a build that auto attacks, I could just stand in a boss and just wait for them to just die while attacking, yeah? I just know at 6k life, on a crit, uber izaro as well as minotaur can 1 shot you.

You can avoid that with proper watchers eye jewel - x% of physical dmg taken as fire/light when affected by purity of fire/light. With 6k life at least one of those mods is enough. Next use proper pantheon, additional phys dmg reduction while stationary and vs mino/izaro Soul of Solaris. You can also turn of purity of ice and use arctic armour vs mino. This all together with fortify on top let you facetank mino/izaro and basically hold button to win. I did that with 5.8k life.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Mar 18, 2018, 3:06:20 PM
"
RicoKGB wrote:
"
Omnireborn1 wrote:

You can avoid that with proper watchers eye jewel - x% of physical dmg taken as fire/light when affected by purity of fire/light. With 6k life at least one of those mods is enough. Next use proper pantheon, additional phys dmg reduction while stationary and vs mino/izaro Soul of Solaris.

Nice. I have 6% purity of lightning watchers eye. I still got 1 shot. I use Wise oak, taste of hate, and dying sun, with the dying sun being a "Just cause I can" lol. I will make sure I run the correct pantheons.
You can see my gear, profile is on public, I made sure.

Overall, Rico, if you took all 3 of these builds and put them into a jar, you'd most likely pick this one over the other 2, yeah?

**Edit** I just sold my devoto's with 40% discharge, picked up a 40% discharge starkonjas. I'm going to play it through and do all content. I will be posting regularly for people in this thread more than likely. I'm going to try to get this thing beefy if I could. What's your opinion for swapping out a 60+ life rare shield with resistances over saffels?
Last edited by Omnireborn1 on Mar 18, 2018, 3:58:53 PM
"
Omnireborn1 wrote:
"
RicoKGB wrote:
"
Omnireborn1 wrote:

You can avoid that with proper watchers eye jewel - x% of physical dmg taken as fire/light when affected by purity of fire/light. With 6k life at least one of those mods is enough. Next use proper pantheon, additional phys dmg reduction while stationary and vs mino/izaro Soul of Solaris.

Nice. I have 6% purity of lightning watchers eye. I still got 1 shot. I use Wise oak, taste of hate, and dying sun, with the dying sun being a "Just cause I can" lol. I will make sure I run the correct pantheons.
You can see my gear, profile is on public, I made sure.

Overall, Rico, if you took all 3 of these builds and put them into a jar, you'd most likely pick this one over the other 2, yeah?

**Edit** I just sold my devoto's with 40% discharge, picked up a 40% discharge starkonjas. I'm going to play it through and do all content. I will be posting regularly for people in this thread more than likely. I'm going to try to get this thing beefy if I could. What's your opinion for swapping out a 60+ life rare shield with resistances over saffels?

Any chance it's because of the lack of armour of the build in general? Life wouldn't help much in that case imo. Could be wrong though.
IGN: Remi_D
Actually this build feels just fine with the low reduction it has. The kingsguard keeps me full providing I only use power and endurance charges. If I run frenzy with it also there's a small chance I don't get the heal when I need it, since the heal is instant from the endurance discharge. I just have a safety "Peace of mind" for wanting my life over 6k. It's true my belt does -% crit strikes and stuff, but it's just a mind thing. After facetanking xoph's fire and xoph at the same time, I feel better as I did this with only 4.1k life.

My inquisitor is online now, level 78. I just did a xoph breach with 4.1k life and he barely did much to me. Once i'm at 5.2k or so I will try minotaur.

SO FAR, this is so much better than cyclone mjolner discharge ever thought about being. Sure it clears maps a tiny tiny bit slower, (not that noticable because you can still shield charge with conc+ele focus + discharge into most packs and they die) However I tried arc, it felt slower as a map clearer.

My character is: TheEndGameFarmer

Profile is public. And I will be on this character for about 11 hours a day in game on standard league. If anyone has any questions you can feel free to message me here or in game.

Also I switched saffels out for this. 450 life increase. Level 80 with 5k life, overcapped resistances.

Also note that Inc AOE is for switching conc out of Mjolner. It has nothing to do with shield charge.
Last edited by Omnireborn1 on Mar 18, 2018, 10:45:00 PM
"
Remindshulk wrote:
Any chance it's because of the lack of armour of the build in general? Life wouldn't help much in that case imo. Could be wrong though.

Nah. Armour vs those big hits must be at leat 20k to have a noticable impact. Armour with values bellow 10k is around 3-5% phys dmg reduction to those big hits.

"
Omnireborn1 wrote:

My inquisitor is online now, level 78. I just did a xoph breach with 4.1k life and he barely did much to me. Once i'm at 5.2k or so I will try minotaur.

Also I switched saffels out for this. 450 life increase. Level 80 with 5k life, overcapped resistances.

For deathless Mino I recommend at least 5.8k life with Arctic Armour, Fortify, one or 2 basalt flasks, watcher's eye with at least one mod "x physical dmg taken as". Lower than that and expect 1-2 deaths before you take him down.

That shield will help vs physical dmg but vs elemental dmg not. +4% to max resistance is about +600 flat life vs elemental dmg in this build. That said you can easily break 6k life point mark at lvl 92 and grind to around 6.2k with higher lvls which might be worth it overall. Especially that you have +str on it so it saves you 1 point that can be used for %5 life node and this way you will equlize elemental dmg mitigation as well. Yeah, good idea.

"
Omnireborn1 wrote:

Hard to say. All 3 are awesome. Depends on what play style you preffer. As I played Jugg mostly past 4-5 leagues Im leaning towards Witch regarding Cyclone based Mjolner. MS + LS theres currently only one option. That said all of those 3 characters perform more or less equaly vs end-game content. So play style and maybe even character type (visuals, voice, avatars etc) might be a deciding factor.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
Last edited by RicoKGB on Mar 19, 2018, 2:44:57 AM
Just wanted to update, i'm level 83 now with 5,739 life. Build is going smoothly. I'm mapping retarded mod carcass maps (T15) and a few other red tier maps. I'm working on gathering elder so I can get him done now. Should be at elder soon.
Another question. Is it worth it buying a 0% quality 21 lvl Discharge or is trying to make a lvl 21 , 20% quality better? Also what quality should one prioritize on other gems?
IGN: Remi_D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info