[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"
Fiver wrote:

*cries*

I wanted to do frost blades in 3.7 and hoped that you'd update this build.
Should i consider playing something else?
There is like 0 point playing Raider this league, is like the slowest melee ATM lol go zerker and Win the game
This looks really cool in 3.7, I'll try it bro~
"
ReanimaTion21 wrote:
Tell me please how do u do pheonix and minotaur i'm really curious xd

I face tank them, very easy fights.

Phoenix is actually the easiest guardian for this build imo. Mino is hardest, but like don't stand in rocks and np.
"
tzzui wrote:
"
Fiver wrote:

*cries*

I wanted to do frost blades in 3.7 and hoped that you'd update this build.
Should i consider playing something else?

Raider seems super strong to me still (with the loss of AS from MS I guess all the AS from raider comes in handy for maintaining smoothness) and FB got a pretty decent buff in 3.7 itself so it's game on for me. FB time! :)

I've made FB champions and assassins but it's just not the same as raider, I hope they don't change it too much in 3.8.
Raider is fine. Just because the other ascendancies gets buffed, that doesn't mean that Raider is automatically bad. :p

I'm kinda waiting for the new skill gems to be added to PoB. Been playing around with the new passive tree, with mixed results. It's probably gonna be a few days into the new league before I have a good original draft for PoB.
I'll make a temporary as soon as I can play around with the new skills. I hope Openarl manages to get them in today so I can play around. :p

The new Frost Blades is nice.
I'm really interested in the new support, Close Combat.
Also, Precision aura is awesome. Being able to use it without using Hyrri's Truth is pretty neat.

There are certainly interesting stuff that changes for the build. But I'm not entirely sure about what I think about the new tree. There's a lot of good stuff to pick, and it's really hard now to decide which path is the best.

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Jun 6, 2019, 1:17:33 PM
"
Fiver wrote:
Raider is fine. Just because the other ascendancies gets buffed, that doesn't mean that Raider is automatically bad. :p

I'm kinda waiting for the new skill gems to be added to PoB. Been playing around with the new passive tree, with mixed results. It's probably gonna be a few days into the new league before I have a good original draft for PoB.
I'll make a temporary as soon as I can play around with the new skills. I hope Openarl manages to get them in today so I can play around. :p

The new Frost Blades is nice.
I'm really interested in the new support, Close Combat.
Also, Precision aura is awesome. Being able to use it without using Hyrri's Truth is pretty neat.

There are certainly interesting stuff that changes for the build. But I'm not entirely sure about what I think about the new tree. There's a lot of good stuff to pick, and it's really hard now to decide which path is the best.

Close combat being swords/axes only removes it's viability for me, maybe if you did a duelist FB it would be an option.

My main switch-up plans so far are to take Precision aura (that crit), which + accuracy rework allows for swapping lyco for a shield with lots of evasion and life/resists. which lets me use Loreweave more comfortably.

Depending on tombfist financial viability might just take spiked gloves too.

Should make it easier to then put in uniques elsewhere like pandemonium or elder ring rather than being a min max pipe dream.
"
1benjy1 wrote:
Close combat being swords/axes only removes it's viability for me, maybe if you did a duelist FB it would be an option.

My main switch-up plans so far are to take Precision aura (that crit), which + accuracy rework allows for swapping lyco for a shield with lots of evasion and life/resists. which lets me use Loreweave more comfortably.

Should make it easier to then put in uniques elsewhere like pandemonium or elder ring rather than being a min max pipe dream.

Hey, mind sharing a PoB? :)
"
Renessa wrote:
"
1benjy1 wrote:

Hiya, I'm not really making my own guide, the tree Fiver has for 3.7 is great, use that. I have some minor changes I might mention as the league progresses but i want to test things out first.
Ugh, yeah didnt read the Close Combat gem properly. Cant use that then.

"
Renessa wrote:

Since all the info isn't updated in PoB yet, there's no proper way to have a good PoB yet. Hit chance calculations are off, skill gems aren't updated, etc.

I've made a pretty weird draft, where I've added a bunch of stats on my amulet, to compensate for skills and stats not available in PoB yet. So it's probably really unaccurate.

It's also worth mentioning that there will be more options in 3.7 than previously. Earlier we always used Lycosidae, because it was the easiest way to cap our hit rate, without sacrificing a shitload of damage. It's a really powerful shield, and will continue to be so.

But in 3.7 there will probably be 3 different ways to build.
Claw + Lyco
Claw + Other shield with fun stuff (probably a rare evasion shield)
Claw + Claw

They all have their pros and cons.

Anyway, here's the latest PoB. I'm gonna change this a lot when I start playing though, so dont use it as a guide.

https://pastebin.com/zF5zvG2t

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Jun 6, 2019, 4:06:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info