[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"
Firestrike9 wrote:
A question regarding avatar of the chase, I have 50% chance to evade without onslaught and 50% WITH onslaught, is it bugged or does it not display as its only evade from melee and proj?

Thanks!

Are you looking in-game or in PoB? (Just want to know so I can try to duplicate)
This sounds weird either way though. It should still show.

My first thought is that it could be some setting in PoB that you have overlooked.

I’ll check your character when I get home from work in a few hours.

Don't panic.
"
Fiver wrote:
"
Zyrdragon wrote:
I'm showing more tooltip DPS (6L) when using Added Cold Dmg instead of Melee Phys and Faster Attacks over Hypothermia. Is this a gear issue or is it just tooltips being inaccurate about things like Hypo effect?

Tooltip is not accurate for several reasons. Like you say it doesn’t take some effects into consideration. It doesn’t take penetration into consideration and many other things.
Are you on full frenzy charges when measuring the tooltip?
It may be true that you do more damage with added cold than MPD, but if that is the case I would use Ice Bite instead. With 8 frenzy charges Ice Bite does more damage than added cold, and also adds chance to freeze.
There is a section about this in the FAQ.

(I use Ice Bite myself)

I'm using both Ice Bite and Added Cold Dmg at the moment, having swapped out Ruthless and Melee Phys Dmg - it seems to do more damage (with my shite gear and how far I've come in the tree anyway).

With 8 frenzy and FB+Added Cold+Faster Attacks+Elemental Dmg+Multistrike+Ice Bite, I'm at about 100k tooltip DPS. If I go Melee Phys + Ruthless (instead of Faster Attacks + Added Cold) I get 80k. Hypothermia looks to be equivalent with Added Cold Dmg in terms of sheer damage, except on bosses in which case Added Cold comes out on top.

It's worth nothing that I'm 79 at the moment and carrying a tabula, no opal rings etc. - which is why I wonder if maybe it's a case of somewhat incomplete skill build + weird items that makes the gems give worse numbers.. or if I've outright done something critically wrong.
Hey Fiver I´m 89 right now and must say mapping is realy good with this build.

But sometimes i get one Shottet. I have 4,9k Life and my Dmg isn´t that good like yours in the Videos.

Did i miss something here or is it a lack of not knowing the build quite enough?
"
Zyrdragon wrote:
"
Fiver wrote:
"
Zyrdragon wrote:
I'm showing more tooltip DPS (6L) when using Added Cold Dmg instead of Melee Phys and Faster Attacks over Hypothermia. Is this a gear issue or is it just tooltips being inaccurate about things like Hypo effect?

Tooltip is not accurate for several reasons. Like you say it doesn’t take some effects into consideration. It doesn’t take penetration into consideration and many other things.
Are you on full frenzy charges when measuring the tooltip?
It may be true that you do more damage with added cold than MPD, but if that is the case I would use Ice Bite instead. With 8 frenzy charges Ice Bite does more damage than added cold, and also adds chance to freeze.
There is a section about this in the FAQ.

(I use Ice Bite myself)

I'm using both Ice Bite and Added Cold Dmg at the moment, having swapped out Ruthless and Melee Phys Dmg - it seems to do more damage (with my shite gear and how far I've come in the tree anyway).

With 8 frenzy and FB+Added Cold+Faster Attacks+Elemental Dmg+Multistrike+Ice Bite, I'm at about 100k tooltip DPS. If I go Melee Phys + Ruthless (instead of Faster Attacks + Added Cold) I get 80k. Hypothermia looks to be equivalent with Added Cold Dmg in terms of sheer damage, except on bosses in which case Added Cold comes out on top.

It's worth nothing that I'm 79 at the moment and carrying a tabula, no opal rings etc. - which is why I wonder if maybe it's a case of somewhat incomplete skill build + weird items that makes the gems give worse numbers.. or if I've outright done something critically wrong.

I'm looking at your character in PoB at the moment, and here's a breakdown of your skill setup.
All skills are changed to level 20, just for simplicity.
The parameters are:
Onslaught enabled.
Your last 2 points in ascendancy taken.
Frenzy charges active.
Target intimidated.
Target chilled.
Flasks active.

Frost blades - EDAS - Multistrike - Ice bite - Added cold - Faster attacks = 157k dps
Frost blades - EDAS - Multistrike - Ice bite - Hypothermia - Ruthless = 200k dps
Frost blades - EDAS - Multistrike - Ice bite - MPD - Ruthless = 179k dps

These numbers assume you are using a 6L of course, so with your shroud of the lightless the numbers are obviously different. For some reason PoB doesn't seem to calculate the lvl 20 elemental penetration from shroud, so I'm not sure how to accurately measure that.

Just as a sidenote. Getting flasks will seriously impact your dps. Also, get an Ancestral Protector and Vaal haste.
Ancestral protector is incredibly useful on bosses for the extra attack speed it gives you.

(And I'm sure you are aware that you should get a lot more life and resist on your gear :))

Don't panic.
"
Ellyssia wrote:
Hey Fiver I´m 89 right now and must say mapping is realy good with this build.

But sometimes i get one Shottet. I have 4,9k Life and my Dmg isn´t that good like yours in the Videos.

Did i miss something here or is it a lack of not knowing the build quite enough?

Hmm, this is a hard one. I'm looking at your character in PoB and I can't really say that I see anything wrong with your character. 4.9k hp should be more than enough for this build.
There are mobs that are capable of 1shotting us, but it really shouldn't be a common thing to happen.

A few things to look out for though:
Ice nova and explosion from strongboxes.
Volatile Flameblood. (This one has one-shotted me several times)
Flame/Frost/Storm Bearers.

There are also a few monsters that can be very dangerous if they get to hit you, but usually since they die so fast they never really become an issue.
Some examples are the big skeletons with clubs & charging bulls.

Mainly, don't try to tank stuff that you may be able to tank with other characters.
I'm sorry but that's really all I can say. Your character itself looks alright, and for a 5L your dps isn't that bad. There are of course items that you need to replace, but I'm sure you are already working on that. Try to get a claw with higher crit chance btw.

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Mar 14, 2018, 1:58:24 PM
"
Firestrike9 wrote:
A question regarding avatar of the chase, I have 50% chance to evade without onslaught and 50% WITH onslaught, is it bugged or does it not display as its only evade from melee and proj?

Thanks!

When I look at your character in Path of Building, your evasion does change with avatar of the chase.
You have 58% without it, and 72% with it. 72% is really good tbh.

It might be an issue that it isn't showing in game for some reason? I'm stumped..

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Mar 14, 2018, 2:05:07 PM
What would you upgrade, if you check my character? i think i am gucci for now, or do i miss anything?
"
ogsober wrote:
What would you upgrade, if you check my character? i think i am gucci for now, or do i miss anything?

Looks pretty good at the moment. In terms of gear it's babysteps of improvements here and there. Some health here, and some damage there.
The luxury stuff is next, I guess.
Frost blades enchant, ele weakness on hit gloves.
The armor is really good.

Some of your skillgems are low level, but I assume you bought them recently and are leveling them up.
You should get a vaal haste and ancestral protector. Helps a lot with boss dps.

Don't panic.
"
Fiver wrote:

I'm looking at your character in PoB at the moment, and here's a breakdown of your skill setup.
All skills are changed to level 20, just for simplicity.
The parameters are:
Onslaught enabled.
Your last 2 points in ascendancy taken.
Frenzy charges active.
Target intimidated.
Target chilled.
Flasks active.

Frost blades - EDAS - Multistrike - Ice bite - Added cold - Faster attacks = 157k dps
Frost blades - EDAS - Multistrike - Ice bite - Hypothermia - Ruthless = 200k dps
Frost blades - EDAS - Multistrike - Ice bite - MPD - Ruthless = 179k dps

These numbers assume you are using a 6L of course, so with your shroud of the lightless the numbers are obviously different. For some reason PoB doesn't seem to calculate the lvl 20 elemental penetration from shroud, so I'm not sure how to accurately measure that.

Just as a sidenote. Getting flasks will seriously impact your dps. Also, get an Ancestral Protector and Vaal haste.
Ancestral protector is incredibly useful on bosses for the extra attack speed it gives you.

(And I'm sure you are aware that you should get a lot more life and resist on your gear :))

I found Shroud not long after my post here... :) I don't know how well it'll do in the end, but tooltip DPS has stayed roughly unchanged. But obviously I have a little more survivability now than before.

I'm taking your post to mean that there isn't anything wrong with my character aside from the questionable state of my gear... and thanks for the other pointers as well :)
Hi again and thanks for replying to my previous post!

A few questions:

1.My Tooltip DPS is seriously lower using Lycosidea instead of 2 ToA's is that normal, and do I actually deal more damage with Lycosidea single target wise instead of dual wielding?

2.I'm Using a 5L at the moment, which gem do I drop from the 6L setup? I'm currently running:
Frost Blades + Multistrike + Hypothermia + EDAS + Ancestral Call.
I swap Ancestral Call and Hpothermia with Rutheless and added cold for bosses (Since afaik you can't chill most bosses afaik(?))

3.Last and most bizarre thing to me is A 300 PDPS claw provides noticeably less tooltip DPS than using ToA, at what point is a claw actually an upgrade?
Or to be more specific Whats my next upgrade from ToA.

Thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info