[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

Could someone take a look at my char? I only have 4,3k life and I don't know where I should have more on... FAQ states that 5,5k is with average gear.

I do not have any problems with killspeed or so, but sometimes I just get killed. Like by Minotaur - he does that jump from under the earth and dead...
"
DXab wrote:
"
Fiver wrote:
Ascendancy
I have decided to keep using Avatar of the Chase.
The damage we would lose from switching to Avatar of the Veil is too significant.

Switching to Avatar of the Veil may be an option when you have high enough dps. The survival you get from it may be worth losing some.

hi, sorry for my English, I use an online translator,
why do you think so? Avatar Veil has improved to 3.8 by adding 15% pierce elemental resistance, but it does not account for the PoB, add, for example, in the boots "Nearby Enemies have -15% to all Resistances", and you will see that damage even more, but less evasion (but in return the enemy has 15% less accuracy, I don't know how to calculate correctly) and APS

raider became stronger for elemental damage

When I have tested earlier I have taken these changes into account, and added a workaround to an item, and get significantly better damage with avatar of the chase. I will check again.

Don't panic.
"
I mainly play Standard, and am curious if most of the items you consider best for this build aren't the best if one uses synthesized items only available in Standard, or items that would probably not be obtained and utilized by the average player?

The items I am contemplating replacing are Shaper's Touch Crusader Gloves, a shaped ring with Curse Enemies with Level 12 Assassin's Mark on Hit, and Mark of the Elder Steel Ring. But if these truly are better than any mirror-tier rare item, that would be good :)

I think I fail to truly understand the potency of those items.

There are very likely better options for most unique items.. I don’t think you’ll find a better pair of boots than darkray vectors though. In standard you can find them with +1 to frenzy charge corruption.

Don't panic.
"
Would any current labyrinth boot enchantment be better than "+1 to maximum frenzy charges"?

No

Don't panic.
"
ThaShinji wrote:
Hey Fiver,
I really like Frost Blades and your build, but I have some questions.
I dont really know what to upgrade right now, so can you please have a look at my character?

Im planning on getting a new claw with higher dps and Taste of Hate right now.
Having a bit of a problem with attribute requirements tho, I have to take a lot of stat nodes and I also anointed Utmost Might to barely get the strength I need.
I also got a 6link Fur wich I really like, so dont want to change that yet.

Havent looked into enchantments and corruptions yet, im also missing the more expensive jewels.

I just dont know what to prioritize.

Well the first thing I would prioritize is your claw. It only has 300 PDPS and doesn't even have crit on it. Getting a new claw would be a MAJOR dps boost for you.
This may seem small, but your Lion's Roar has the lowest possible roll. You may think that 5% wouldn't make a difference, but it's actually quite significant.

Your gear is pretty decent otherwise, but there is one thing that stands out.
You are lacking life.
Some of it is because you use farrul's fur, but the other items that you have also have very low rolls on them.
I would also try to get a Lethal Pride. That jewel will also give you some life.
Your shield and belt are two items that could give you a lot more life.

Another note on the skill tree. I would unallocate primeval force at the moment, in favour of Heartseeker and Depth Perception.

Don't panic.
"
Jacobite wrote:
Fantastic guide, I love not having to switch weapons on a build. I mostly just run around with Ruthless on as killing bosses on TD takes a little bit longer than I like with Ancestral.

My current gear. I'm still working on map clear but I've cleared all of white/yellow maps and most of red. Looking to save up for Pandemonius/shield next after finally getting the Ex for the weapon, curse ring and belt today.

Main problem I've had so far is juggling stats/res on so few items/skills.
Other minor problem is that blood rage barely gets cast as I barely get hit by mobs, they literally get their turn animation before getting splat but I'd like to have it up and ready for bosses, have you ever used it manually?

If you got a Lethal Pride and put it in the jewel socket above Blood Drinker, that would solve both your STR issues and INT issues, assuming you keep using the jewel you have in your belt.

Don't panic.
"
tky0414 wrote:
Hi.. can have a look of my gear? What is my next step? Upgrade body armour or get a pandemonius?
I think likely more towards the body armou as i have enuf currency to buy fated connection.
I have dilemma here..
Do i get loreweave or a rare crafted body armour?
1) loreweave seems to giv a Lot of dmg but no survivality or resistance. Does rare crafted has more damage witg the maim skill?
2) if rare crafted body armour what base would u recommend? Ilvl86 Zodiac leather or assasin garb? is assasin garb 3 % movement implicit worth over zodiac with its slightly lower evasion?
*** elder zodiac base is more expensive than assasin garb currently.

BTW
i plan to multimod an amulet for MF - left three open prefix

what stats do u think i shud put?
-life/ cold attack / elemental damage to attack
-physical dmg/ cold attack / elemental damage
-cold attack/ elemental damage to attack/ projectile speed + projectile damage

You'd preferably need some more life on your gear. The ones that would give you the most life would be your body armour and shield (and your amulet obviously, but you already seem to be working on a new one).
I also suggest getting a Lethal Pride.

Don't rush on Pandemonius. It might even be worth going for a Hyrri instead. It actually seem to be doing more damage than Pandemonius at the moment. I'm not sure why, and I'm not sure if it's accurate, but PoB seems to think it is.

1. Definitely get a rare chest. Loreweave is good for damage, but like you say, very bad for defense.

2. You can get either. It's not that big of a difference tbh.

3. -life/ cold attack / elemental damage to attack

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Sep 23, 2019, 7:57:29 AM
"
TomekSzymek wrote:
"
TomekSzymek wrote:
Hey, wanted to say that I really enjoy the build. Currently approaching 90lvl, having loads of fun.

Here is my PoB: https://pastebin.com/iF2vTMnY

Any suggestions for what should I upgrade next? Aside from a 6L that I'm currently working on?

I've changed a few things, finally got AM ring.
Current PoB: https://pastebin.com/H3Gar9HA

Well, you need a new claw. The one you are using only has 334 pdps and no elemental penetration. That would be a big upgrade for you.

A lethal pride would also be a really good upgrade for you.

You don't need to hurry with your amulet. You have a pretty good one.
Your belt is pretty nice as well, but ideally you'd want EDWAS on it. No rush on replacing that one either though.

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Sep 23, 2019, 8:05:46 AM
"
MuZuR wrote:
Hello,

First of all, thanks for the perfect build. This is my first craft in my game life :) I spent 20 orb of alteration and i found assassin's mark.

and then, i used regal orb and i found tier 1 intelligence

What should i do? Should i remove the intelligence or can i keep it?

i have intelligence problem right now.

When i change my ring, i need 29 intelligence. Also, i need more. 55 intelligence is good for me.

Thanks...

If you don't need resists on your ring, I would keep the INT. It's not worth risking the annul imo.

Don't panic.
"
Andymoene wrote:
Could someone take a look at my char? I only have 4,3k life and I don't know where I should have more on... FAQ states that 5,5k is with average gear.

I do not have any problems with killspeed or so, but sometimes I just get killed. Like by Minotaur - he does that jump from under the earth and dead...

You need to get your last ascendancy points! You get a lot of evade chance from that.

The biggest villain in your item setup is the Loreweave. It is great for damage, but pretty bad for survival. I'm probably gonna remove it from the guide altogether.
It would be very easy to make a body armour that could increase your life by 300+, using only Pristine Fossils. Ideally you want to use Serrated fossils as well, of course, but for survival all you need is pristine.
You also need life on your ring.

I think I'm gonna change the FAQ. The FAQ is based on a lvl 100 character, which is really unrealistic for me to assume people will reach.
But with a better armour and if you get Revenge of the Hunted, you would be above 5k.

On another note. I would consider leveling down your Frost Bomb to level 11-12, to lower the INT requirement.

Also, this might sound cliché, but replacing your wasp nest for a good rare claw would help you survive as well. Sometimes offense is the best defense.

Don't panic.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info