[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"
aphaoooo wrote:
1. Usually FB is sucks for single target, thats why people opt for 2nd skill like MS or BF. Since i dont see any 2nd skill there, how can your FB deal with end game boss ?

2. Could this build works on new Deadeye ? Seems interesting enough to try

I haven’t played stuff like shaper/uber atziri etc, this league. Haven’t dedicated enough time yet.
But last league I killed pretty much everything you can kill. My character had roughly 2.7 million dps vs shaper and I never felt that DPS was a problem.
There are videos in the guide where you can see bossfights, and in the ’showcase’ video I have most of them included. If you are curious, I suggest you have a look at them. Please note that most videos are from around the time I had 1.5m dps or so. So in the end, things died a lot faster.

Minotaur took less than 15s as an example.

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Mar 6, 2018, 3:54:07 AM
"
Fiver wrote:
"
aphaoooo wrote:
1. Usually FB is sucks for single target, thats why people opt for 2nd skill like MS or BF. Since i dont see any 2nd skill there, how can your FB deal with end game boss ?

2. Could this build works on new Deadeye ? Seems interesting enough to try

I haven’t played stuff like shaper/uber atziri etc, this league. Haven’t dedicated enough time yet.
But last league I killed pretty much everything you can kill. My character had roughly 2.7 million dps vs shaper and I never felt that DPS was a problem.
There are videos in the guide where you can see bossfights, and in the ’showcase’ video I have most of them included. If you are curious, I suggest you have a look at them. Please note that most videos are from around the time I had 1.5m dps or so. So in the end, things died a lot faster.

Minotaur took less than 15s as an example.

Trying this as league starter. And all-in-all I must say I'm kidna dissapointed. Perhaps on end-game level this build really shines. But for leveling, it's slow as hell. Right now I'm sitting at around lv75. I have problems killings high HP rare's and bosses. Let alone getting smashes by 1-hits.

Gear:
Spoiler

Obviously I don't have all the gear and when I played with aurabot, everything was fine. Still kinda worried this won't work out and I'll have to respec. Any suggestions?
I'm not sure why anyone is struggling but as soon as I hit 40 this build was a cake walk. Before I upgraded my weapons (which was super cheap) the bosses were a little slow but but I rarely died. Now that I'm mapping I'm just breezing through maps and the bosses die relatively quickly. This build has enough leech that it's difficult to die. Red monsters can be a little slow to kill but from my experience they're more difficult than most map bosses. With a build that uses whirling blades you should almost never be getting hit by anything that deals substantial damage. If it's any help, I'll link my gear.

Spoiler

All together I've spent 4c on my gear and I've spent very little time upgrading aside from maxing my resists. I did get lucky and crafted Lion's Roar. I'm not worried about upgrading my gear any further until the killing slows down or I have enough saved up to get some key items.
"
sklipnoty wrote:
Obviously I don't have all the gear and when I played with aurabot, everything was fine. Still kinda worried this won't work out and I'll have to respec. Any suggestions?

Ok, so I'm looking at your character in Path of Building, and there are a lot of things I notice that will help you out.
At the moment you are sitting at roughly 50k shaper dps, only 3.7k hp, and your resists aren't maxed(!).

I'm gonna be very thorough, because there's gonna be a lot of text here, so I'll try to organize it as best as I can.

PASSIVES

First, you need one more fight for survival jewel. It is really good.

You also need to use vaal pact if you don't use a Bloodseeker.
Also, I do recommend that you buy a bloodseeker. It has slightly more dps than yours, but more importantly, it gives you instant leech. HUGE for survival.
Use it until you get a good physical dps claw (320pdps+).

While we are talking about leech. If you feel that your damage is low, it might be a decent idea to grab "Vitality void" to compensate for it, so you get some more leech.

There are several changes that I suggest you make to the passive tree. I'll give you a link instead of trying to go through them one at a time. But basically they will give you both more dmg and survival.
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.2.0/AAAABAIBAQBeBS0FtQguDY0RLxGBFHUV_RmOGbQj9iT9JpUqCysKLlMwcTB8Nj031DpCOrNDMUX0R35KfUt4TP9Nkk4qUUdVS1uvXfJh4mHrYqxjp2SvZU1qk2yMb1dwUnTteBl6U3rvfyuBrId2idOKOIw2jX2NgY25jb-QCpKAk5CaF5smm42dqqOKqXmxfLTFvTa-p8GgwuzD5sjMz3rTb9N-1CPWB9rB3UbdqN9v5GrnVOd06NbrY-0_7YPuDu9674_8xf1u_94=

These changes will give you roughly 30k DPS.
If you get your last 4 ascendancy points that would give you another 14k DPS
The (almost) permanent onslaught will increase not only your damage, but your evade chance and movement speed as well.

The next few levels, make sure you grab Revenge of the hunted. It's only 3 points, and it gives you both dps, life, and evasion.

Next, let's look at your gear.

Your flasks need to be changed!
FLASKS
You don't need that many life/mana flasks, in fact you shouldn't need a mana pot at all.
Also, the quicksilver flask shouldn't really be needed, since most of our movement is with whirling blades. And even if it weren't, we have plenty of movement speed from our frenzy charges and onslaught.
I suggest
1 Diamond flask. HUGE for dps. Get one with bleed immune or freeze immune.
1 Atziri's Promise. You can get one for a chaos orb. They are cheap and will give you both dps and leech)
1 Overflowing chalice - Cheap and good dps. You can get one for 1 alch.
1 Lion's roar / The wise oak - Lion's roar is really good, but it costs 20c. It gives you a really nice dps boost, but at the same time provides incredible survivability against melee bosses, since it knocks them back all the time, so they can never actually hit you.
Wise oak is around 5. The Wise Oak is only good for you if you make sure your cold resist is higher than your others though.
1 life flask - Get one with bleed immune or freeze immune

THESE CHANGES WILL GIVE YOU ANOTHER 40K DPS

Next, let's have a look at your other gear:
CLAWS
The claws you are using are not good.
Your main hand claw has 212 Pdps and 90 Edps. It's not extremely bad, but it also has very bad attack speed.

If you replace this claw with a Bloodseeker, that gives you 8k DPS. It's not much, but it also gives you INSTANT LEECH, which is really really really good. This alone will help you survive a lot better. Use bloodseeker until you can get a claw with AT LEAST 325 PDPS. You can get a bloodseeker for 4-5 chaos.
If you are unsure how much dps a claw has you can hover it with your mouse in-game, click ctrl + c, go to www.pathof.info, and paste it there.

Your offhand claw doesn't really give you that much. If we removed it, and just left that slot alone, that is only 15k dps that we lose. Considering what we could have there instead, that is totally not worth it.
Now, you could get another claw, like a wasp nest or ornament of the east. Both of those would increase dps, and both are cheap.

BUT.

I would get something like:

Obviously, the best thing would be a Lycosidae, but I realize that not everyone can get that shield the first thing they do, so this is the next best.
This shield will give you:
150~ life
+2% evade
+3% move
+8% block
+7% spell block
And you will actually not lose any dps. If you get a good roll on the physical damage, you can actually get higher dps from using this shield instead of your claw.
You can buy one for a chaos orb.

ARMOUR AND ACCESSORIES

Your belt is bad. You can get a better one for a chaos. You want more life, and more resists.
If you want more damage on it, you can get a rustic sash, or look for a belt with the mod increased elemental damage with attack skills. It's gonna be a little more expensive though, but not by much.
Ideal is to get a stygian vise, but that comes later.

Your rings need to change. We really want rings with elemental damage with attack skills, but they will be more expensive, combined with life & resists. But you should really try to get rings with more life & resists on them. They don't have to be that expensive if you search around a little.

Same thing applies to your amulet. More life, more resists, and ele dmg with attacks. Try to go for life and resist to begin with.

I realize that you need intelligence and strength on this gear, but if you search around a little and use poe.trade in a smart way, you'll find that you can manage this without much bigger costs.

Your helmet is ok, but I would try to get a Starkonja's Head, or Rat's Nest. Right now a starkonja's is probably your best option. Even a bad starkonja will give more health, while also providing good damage. It also provides you with a lot of evade chance! Starkonja's are around 15c.

Your body armour is terrible. You need to get a better one. It has no resists, and low hp. You can get a body armour with 100+ life without even paying much. You can even make one on your own fairly easily. Also, ideally you want a full evasion armour.

SKILLS

There are a few things here.

Get a CWDT setup. Cast when dmg taken - immortal call - increased duration - curse (best options are probably enfeeble/temporal chains.)
Instead of a curse you can also put a lightning golem in there, if you are lazy and don't want to cast it yourself. Otherwise, get a lightning golem.

Ancestral protector is better than Ancestral Warchief. You should change that.

The level on your frostblade gems are low. The last couple of levels 18+ make a very big difference in terms of damage.
Use ancestral call instead of your melee physical damage when you clear, and switch back when you do bosses. This will improve your clearspeed immensely.

Get a vaal haste, and use it when you fight bosses/big rares. It's an incredible dps boost.

With the changes made here, you will at least triple your dps, and get a lot better evade chance, block chance, and survivability in general. I am assuming only some minor changes now. If you spend a couple of extra chaos here and there the dps will easily 4 or 5double. Your max life is still low, but that will be remedied later on when you make slow improvements to the gear.
Some items listed here are more expensive than others, but we're talking maybe 30 chaos for everything and a couple of orb of regrets for your passive changes.

I hope this helps!
Feel free to ask me if you have questions, I'm glad to help. :)

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Mar 6, 2018, 9:03:00 AM
hello mr, this small modification to the bottom right of the skill tree raises your life % from 170 to 173 at the cost of nothing: https://pastebin.com/A3FeHK7P
tnx for the build, good fun
Great guide Fiver! I've used this to get to 82 in the league so far and it works fantastic for both map clearing and boss killing. I think the page 1 guide could use a few updates that seem to be sprinkled in on some of the following forum posts/questions you've answered. The flask breakdown you just posted helped me boost my dps by ALOT more. Thanks again!
I've been using this build all season so far. Most fun I've had in this game yet! Absolutely loving it.
why Rumi's Concoction ? isn't acrobatics will neft that flask ?
"
tuan16895 wrote:
why Rumi's Concoction ? isn't acrobatics will neft that flask ?

Yeah I need to change that up a bit. I've always liked rumi, but there are better options. I have a few listed in one of the posts on this page.

Don't panic.
"
prox711 wrote:
hello mr, this small modification to the bottom right of the skill tree raises your life % from 170 to 173 at the cost of nothing: https://pastebin.com/A3FeHK7P
tnx for the build, good fun

You are right!

Thanks for noticing!

Don't panic.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info