[3.2] Dual Wield Molten Strike Ascendant | Fast Clear Speed | High Single Target | All Content

3.2 VIDEOS:

3.2 UPDATE BELOW:

Spoiler
3.2 UPDATE:

At a first glace there is nothing that needs to be changed on the build everything on there should still be viable for 3.2.

The only thing that may be hard to get are the gloves which can't be obtained till late game, the best alternative would be a rare pair of gloves with life/attack speed until you can obtain the Tombfist Gauntlets.

Culling strike also removed from Ancestral Protector as we now get this through the Slayer ascendancy, I have changed this with Faster Attacks however there are other options such as Item Rarity in this slot.

As always if anyone thinks anything can be done better feel free to post and I will be able to take a look, my character sheet will remain active and unchanged from the Abyss league so if you wish to take a look at my character direct the link is here:

Profile: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Boltonsquads/characters

UPDATE: As this is a Softcore build I thought 7.2k life was a little overkill so I have no modified the tree to suit better for more damage.

POB: https://pastebin.com/qWab7iuy
TREE: http://poeurl.com/bQLw

I will continue to play this build this league and modify and update where needed, thank you everyone so far for you suggestions :)

3.2 LEAGUE PROGRESS UPDATE:

This is my current gear this league, I have amended the tree a few times so be sure to check the updated links under the spoiler above, mainly been farming currency this far however guardians have been done with ease and will continue to push up to Uber Elder.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to my latest build Dual Wield Molten Strike Ascendant, there are quite a few Molten Strike builds around at the moment and as I've currently cleared all content I decided to post my iteration of the build.

In the build we scale our fire/elemental damage so that the magma balls from Molten Strike do the most damage possible, rather than scaling the physical hit side of it. With nodes such as Lava Lash, Avatar of Fire and Elemental overload to help push our elemental damage that little bit further.

This is an incredibly fast mapper with insanely high boss damage allowing you to clear all endgame content and remain durable enough to stay alive through it, with over 10k armor and 7k life.

All content has currently been cleared with this build which includes all 4 guardians, white/yellow/red Elder, Shaper, Atziri and Uber Atziri.

Video of the fights will follow as soon as I get chance.

Pros:

+ High survivability
+ Incredibly fast clear speed
+ Great Boss Killer
+ Can be budget friendly, scales well with currency
+ High DPS & life
+ No Vaal Pact

Cons:

- Cannot run elemental reflect maps, 60% less recovery run with caution
- Require's you to be aware and dodge enemy attacks on bosses such as Shaper/Minotaur

Hideout DPS With Aura + Golem

Hideout DPS With Aura + Golem + Blood Rage

DPS With Aura + Herald + Blood Rage + Totem + Flasks + Charges

Defence & Stats

Require's Update will sort as soon as possible.

Final Tree:

This is the final tree, there are so many options in terms of what I could have done, for example life can definitely be sacrificed for more damage if you feel the need.

POB: https://pastebin.com/RmDgwd9Y
Profile: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Boltonsquads/characters

Weapons:

Grelwood Shank is a very underrated weapon, the weapon gives us attack speed, armor while stationary which when using Molten Strike we are, 2 additional projectiles which translates to 4 due to using 2 of them and Iron Reflexes converting our evasion into armor.

Stats to lookout for before obtaining this item:

- Physical Damage %
- +Physical Damage
- Attack Speed

Helmet:

- Life
- Resists

Body:

- Life
- Resists
- Armour/Evasion

Gloves:

- Life
- Attack Speed
- Resists

Boots:

- Life
- Movement Speed
- Resists

Belt:

- Life
- Elemental Damage
- Resists

Rings:

- Life
- Accuracy
- Inteligence
- Resists

Amulet:

- Life
- Inteligence
- Fire Damage
- Resists

Flasks:

Leveling Gear

There's plenty of items you can use to level up this below here is a list of a few of them.

• Tabula Rasa
  • Redbeak
  • Brightbeak
  • Goldrim
  • Elreon Jewellery
  • Meginords Heavy Belt
  • Lochtonial Caress Guantlets
  • Wanderlust Wool Shoes
  • Screaming Eagle
  • Carnage Heart

Molten Strike

In order of when you should take them:

• Molten Strike
  • Ancestral Call
  • Elemental Damage
  • Elemental Focus
  • Damage on Full Life
  • Chance to Ignite(Mapping/Leveling), Concentrated Effect (Bosses)

Movement

• Whirling Blades
  • Faster Attacks
  • Fortify
  • Blood Magic

Golem & Blood Rage

• Cast When Damage Taken - Level 7
  • Blood Rage - Level 11
  • Ice Golem - Level 9

Curse

• Curse on Hit
  • Cast when damage taken - Level 1
  • Blade Vortex - Level 8
  • Enfeeble

Ancestral Protector

• Vaal Haste
  • Faster Attacks
  • Ancestral Protector

Auras

• Anger
  • Arctic Armour or
  • Herald of Ash

Order:

Major God - Soul of the Brine King

Minor God - Soul of Tukohama

Kill all or Oak, If you wish to have the extra defenses then Oak would be great otherwise I personally took the 2 points.

Stats

• Adds fire damage to attacks
  • + Life
  • Adds fire damage to sword attacks

Some examples:

We want Murderous abyss jewels with +life on all of them, if you need Intelligence or Resistances these can be made up through your jewels.

Avoid

• Elemental Reflect
  • 60% Less Recovery

• +3 Molten Strike Projectiles enchant
    Dying Sun

- Is this guide updated for 3.2: Yes this build is now updated for 3.2

- What jewels in 3.2 as Abyss jewels may be hard to get: I would go for:
    - %Life
    - Attack Speed
    - Projectile Damage
    - Sword Damage
    - All Resist if short
  • Last edited by Boltonsquads on Mar 25, 2018, 8:47:29 PM
    Last bumped on May 31, 2018, 10:06:54 AM
    Just wanted you to know, though there are no replies to this guide, I am following this guide. While it's very similar to the one written by Peterfang93, this one is formatted much better. If nothing else, thanks for organizing the information.
    "
    Brodrick2527 wrote:
    Just wanted you to know, though there are no replies to this guide, I am following this guide. While it's very similar to the one written by Peterfang93, this one is formatted much better. If nothing else, thanks for organizing the information.

Your welcome, yes I did speak with Peterfang prior to creating this and while there are some slight changes there are plenty of builds similar.
    Is this ready to go for 3.2? :)
    I'm wondering the same thing as the post above. Would you change anything for this build going into 3.2 in regards to ascendencies or should I still use slayer/raider? Good guide and well formatted.
    Last edited by yeknod on Mar 1, 2018, 6:47:49 AM
    Going to have a look through now for any changes will update in the next few hours :)
    Updated, will continue to check through out the day if any further changes are needed.
    Is this build considered hardcore viable, and would you consider it a decent starter build?
    "
    Philthegreek wrote:
    Is this build considered hardcore viable, and would you consider it a decent starter build?

I don't play hardcore unfortunately, you can however reach around 7-7.5k life with great defenses, I played this as a league starter as the items needed are cheap and will most likely remain cheap throughout the league.
    This build is ok to kill boss ?

Thk

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info