Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!

"
MackBesmirch wrote:

This argument begs the question... if you love the game that much and also want to compete with the players who help keep GGG in business.... why are you complaining? That's like saying you can go play basketball in the park for free with the rest of the neighborhood, but if they all buy nice shoes and you're playing in flip flops then it's not fair that they are paying to have an advantage. Play in flip flops or buy your own damn shoes. Play the way you want to play. All things considered, buying a $60 supporter pack for PoE and playing for 100 hours is still a way better value than paying $80 for a game with a 40 hour long story. I think your attitude compared to the value of the game needs to be re-calibrated.

Easy - because I want to compete with the based purely on my skill, nothing else.
Making Bladefall green/red/yellow doesn't make any difference to the gameplay, I could not win/lose to someone because he changed the color of his skill.
I can, however, lose to someone who has all of the tabs and can very quickly organize his stash and move to the next map.

I am not talking specifically about myself, of course. I personally have over 100 tabs (which is not a lot, but still probably more than the average Joe), but rather speaking for the younger audience and people who can't afford paying for such things. Why do they have to be at a disatvantage if PoE is not a P2W game?
And to clarify - buying 1m stash tabs will not make you 1st place, but will give you an advantage over someone who bought none. You could argue that's not exactly P2W model, and I would agree, but I called it out due to a lack of a better word (pay-2-advantage?).

Regarding your second argument, if it was decided that everyone comes in flip-flops, and some didn't, then yes - I believe it is unfair.
I am not saying paying for this content is unworthy, I am not saying that I will not donate further, I am not saying any of that.
Since PoE was built over the "everyone comes in flip-flops" idea, I simply think it's sad seeing it suddenly changing to "everyone comes in flip-flops, unless you can afford shoes".

That's all :)
I love how people are playing a completely free to play game with 0 fees for any kind of dlc yet they whine about things being added to the stores.

How else do you want them to function and make money as a company? Sell girl scout cookies? Get real.
"
You don't have to buy them. its not going to make you a pro gamer or help you reach the top of the leader boards... its optional, they didn't have to give us any tabs. The game , all the DLC and game content is free. would you like to continue playing this free game, hmm do you like having your content and DLC releases as often as it has been. Jeeze how do you think these ppl get paid.. or do you just want to freeload all the damn time, or complain if you don't get something the way you want it... damn millennials

Just shut up. 75 points for part of map tab - is too much.

It's not about I want it. It's about how fair is GGG move are.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
"
cigarette wrote:
couldn't this just be incorporated into map or currency tabs
I can't even be sarcastic and snarky, this is garbage. It was disappointing already that map fragments weren't included in the $15 maps tab, but charging $7.50 for this is just stupid.
"
Omga4000 wrote:
"
"
Omga4000 wrote:
Yes, you might be able to finish all content without paying a cent, but you will never match the top players without paying for additional stash tabs. Thinking about the amount of items I have, I could have never fitted them into the 4 basic stash tabs that are given to you in the beginning.

When a game rewards a player (not in a purely cosmetic way) and tips the scale to those who pay, that's a pay-2-win game.
We did not sign-up for such a thing.

Now it's true that no one is forcing you to purchase anything, but I have spent thousands of dollars (even when I didn't really have the money) because I BELIEVED in this company, believed in this game, believed in their way, and I am now getting slapped in the face.. Really hard.

I can technically only handle with 4 tabs, but come on. You know it is definitely not the same, and players who pay get an obvious advantage. If I do not keep purchasing those "optional" upgrades, I will be left behind. I was promised a certain mantra when GGG introduced us this game, and that mantra is now crumbling slowly. A shame to see this day.

So by your logic having extra stash tabs is a guarantee to be a top, pro player, #1 place on leader boards correct? SO all you have to do is buy stash tabs to hold all them awesome leveling uniques that drop, or do you just store your trash gear taking up space. anywho. thats your logic, thats the ONLY reason those guys at the top are sooo good. got it, p2win guys. POE is pay2win, all you whales out there just buy them tabs, you too will be #1... gtfo and get good if you want to be at the top. The reason all the top players have so many stash tabs is because they are soo good at the game that they hit the places of end game you cant, and well purchase tabs to store all them godly tier items and goods.. not the other way around. they could just sell all the stuff they dont need , but because they effectively hit end game, and most of them are the ones providing the rest of us with top tier items, and most of the currency, of course they need to buy more tabs... there a reason for them to hold onto items they craft, so are you selling mirrored and top tier items yet? all your characters lvl 100 ? noo.. oh ok then when you get there please come back and respond to this then....An no I'm not a top player, but i have a crap ton of tabs, as i like to hold a collection..

Since I stopped reading your comment after "gtfo", I will reply with only a quote of what I have said and you most likely missed or interpreted in the wrong way:
"players who pay get an obvious advantage"

When you decide to speak like a grown-up, PM me. Otherwise - have a lovely life :)

Sigh, 'advantage'? The only 'advantage' that more stash space provides, is a time-saver. It doesn't improve loot drops, it doesn't improve damage, it doesn't improve survivability, it doesn't impact actual gameplay at all! All it impacts is your personal time - how fast it takes to run/drop, sort your items, auction them, etc.

The second this game becomes Pay-To-Win, I'll change my mind.
Last edited by TheInsanitarium on Jan 25, 2018, 9:14:01 PM
This should just be another slot on the Map Stash Tab... especially since everything except the Offerings and Breach SPLINTERS are either essentially maps themselves (atziri frags, court frags, stones) or go into a map device with a map (vessels).

What's next? A stash tab for unique items? For quest items? A stash tab for whatever new currency item(s) you'll introduce next league, but decide not to keep for the permanent leagues? Come on, GGG.
I'm just not a fan...

1. All the items on the fragment tab are related to either maps (go in the map device) or currency. They should have just gone into those existing tabs.

2. I already have too many different tab types, and it's just extra work each league to find and name all the special ones.

3. The other special tabs save me space or greatly improve my quality of life. Before the special tabs I had have multiple tabs for currency multiple tabs for maps. The essence tab is great because there's so many of them it's nice having them all sorted for me. The divination tab is nice because I can actually see the art on the cards. I've never had more than one tab for the 'fragment' items, so it's not saving me space. It's not providing me anywhere near as much benefit as the other special tabs. Yes, it looks nice but that's about all.

I love buying supporter packs and supporting you guys for an amazing game, but this tab just feels like a cash grab because it would have made much more sense UI-wise to put the items into the existing special tabs.
"
kentpachi wrote:
"
chadbishop wrote:
This frees up a $15 quad tab for me, and yes I realize I have to spend another $7.50, but as my supporter titles say for me, I don't mind one bit.

P.S. I'd spend another $20 on a leaguestone tab, even though they probably won't ever be used again.

dont worry boy, in the next league 3.2
they will release flasks tab, an excluside 3.2 drops tab, skill gems tab. JEWELS! tab and leaguestone tab which will be useless cuz no more leaguestone ;)

Ever heard of EA games company mate? GGG is adapting its monetizing technique now

You forgot Abyss Jewels tab, vaal gems tab, unique jewels tab, Unique one-handed swords tab, unique bows tab, unique... you get my point.

Really though, the only thing I would like to see is a way to earn points by playing the game. Like if they threw in a 5 point reward for every challenge or 10 points for milestones, that would be fantastic.
"
cigarette wrote:
couldn't this just be incorporated into map or currency tabs

yes, but then they couldn't $7.50 for it and $15 for the map tab and $7.50 for the currency tab and $$$$ and $$$$ and so on.

X

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info