[Guide] What a macro is allowed to do in Path of Exile

"

So i cant use a Popsicle stick to make pushing flasks easier? or even the macro software that came with my mouse or keyboard to make flask manegment easier?

Correct, that is not allowed.
I this PoE Overlay legal by ToS Terms ?

https://www.overwolf.com/app/Kyusung4698-PoE_Overlay
"
DurinSUN wrote:
I this PoE Overlay legal by ToS Terms ?

https://www.overwolf.com/app/Kyusung4698-PoE_Overlay

Questions like that, have to be directed to GGG support via e-mail.
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
"

So i cant use a Popsicle stick to make pushing flasks easier? or even the macro software that came with my mouse or keyboard to make flask manegment easier?

Yet hardcore players get a logout macro to save there characters which makes pushing 2 buttons into one..that is 2 actions using 1 button! I dont think that is fair 1 bit at all!
"
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
"

Yet hardcore players get a logout macro to save there characters which makes pushing 2 buttons into one..that is 2 actions using 1 button! I dont think that is fair 1 bit at all!

Well anyone is allowed to use that "macro", not only hardcore.
That is the ONLY one GGG has allowed, but again it HAS to be manual activated.
"

The log out macro people use does not perform multiple actions in-game.

Technically I think there’s an argument that it performs 0, but I expect GGG would consider it one.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Last edited by Sarno on Aug 25, 2020, 8:18:12 AM
Hi.
Could you please clarify whether or not simple LMB clicker is allowed?
Like when i hold mouse button 4 "press LMB, release LMB" repeated until i release mouse button 4.

Same principle as double-\triple-click.

Thanks.
"
nateirl wrote:
Hi.
Could you please clarify whether or not simple LMB clicker is allowed?
Like when i hold mouse button 4 "press LMB, release LMB" repeated until i release mouse button 4.

Same principle as double-\triple-click.

Thanks.

That is very clearly automation and multiple actions. You press 1 button and it not only performs 3 actions but then automates them. When you do something like this GGG can track the repeat process is exactly the same every time as well as all 3 actions lining up perfectly every time. Every possible variation of what you suggested is a hard no.
"
Can I use a macro which activates all of my flasks at once?

No. The most commonly cited rule pertaining to macros is "one action per key press."

Using a flask is considered an action - and using multiple flasks is thus viewed as performing multiple actions. To press a single button resulting in multiple actions being taken would be regarded as partially automated gameplay. That is absolutely not allowed.

I see a lot of streamers making use of this feature. And I would really like to know. It is allowed or not?
"
volkadam wrote:
"
Can I use a macro which activates all of my flasks at once?

No. The most commonly cited rule pertaining to macros is "one action per key press."

Using a flask is considered an action - and using multiple flasks is thus viewed as performing multiple actions. To press a single button resulting in multiple actions being taken would be regarded as partially automated gameplay. That is absolutely not allowed.

I see a lot of streamers making use of this feature. And I would really like to know. It is allowed or not?

It has be answered so many times. IT IS NOT ALLOWED.
If you see streamers doing this, then report them and link to their stream videos so they can be banned.
You do this by e-mailing GGG support directly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info