[Guide] What a macro is allowed to do in Path of Exile

Hi,
Is a macro that when i toggle it it holds down a button, not on repeat just holds it.
i'm playing a miner and it's really annoying to hold down detonate mines and i wonder if i could use something that auto holds it down for me.

Thanks for this thread, really insightful :)

Thanks in advance!
Are things like this legal?
[Removed by Support]
I want just unstack 1500+ div cards and try to chance some items. Doing it manually is just unbearable.
Last edited by CoryA_GGG on Mar 19, 2024, 11:36:53 AM
Hi dimon9000,

In general, we do not encourage the creation or use of third-party tools because they provide advantages for players that use them. I'm afraid, due to the dynamics of our policies, we're unable to guarantee if a tool is allowed or would remain allowed in the future.

I would recommend refraining from creating or using any programs that automates or does more than one action with a keystroke or mouse click as well as anything that interacts with the game client to provide an advantage over other players or provide information that isn't normally visible.
"
ThomasK_GGG wrote:
Hi dimon9000,

In general, we do not encourage the creation or use of third-party tools because they provide advantages for players that use them. I'm afraid, due to the dynamics of our policies, we're unable to guarantee if a tool is allowed or would remain allowed in the future.

I would recommend refraining from creating or using any programs that automates or does more than one action with a keystroke or mouse click as well as anything that interacts with the game client to provide an advantage over other players or provide information that isn't normally visible.

Could you explain a bit more? Chat macroses are legal but they clearly do more than one action. They clearly provide advantage because most of us can't write a message while fighting uber uber elder for example. But just moving cursor is illegal even if it does nothing more. Like move cursor to the center of screen.
Also I wanted to ask is text/image recognition is allowed? I want to make simple tool for heist runs: I select screen area, make screenshot, then parse image, find item name and it's stats, then make query through API to check my stash for this item (haven't checked API yet, not sure if it's doable), then pop up simple overlay window which tells whether I have this item or not and if yes then show stat comparison table. Is this legit?
"
[Removed by Support]
I want just unstack 1500+ div cards and try to chance some items. Doing it manually is just unbearable.

from looks of it, imo its completely illegal, lol. if you get banned for this, I would say, you deserve it.

its not like I am defending GGG here with their horrendous crafting logic (slot machine duh) and having to click a million times on an item, but bruh that tool is straight up fraud.

if there's ever a truly-offline mode in poe, go for it, in online game, that gives you miles of advantage over other players, and I would expect GGG to intervene.

edit: okay, GGG removed link, good move. but for peeps who are wondering, its a tool that should never exist and automates more than one click/action and does things "smartly"( - basically ruins the "fun" (or whats left of) in the game), smartly to the point, I would rather you NOT play the game and let the tool take over lol.
player agency, where?

"do you guys not have phones?" - blizz 2018
"do you guys not have 2 monitors, 3 overlays, 4 discord, 5 websites, 6 loot filters?" - ggg or smth 2024
"deal with it" - ggg, 2024
Last edited by iParadoxG on Mar 19, 2024, 11:45:42 AM
"
iParadoxG wrote:
"
[Removed by Support]

from looks of it, imo its completely illegal, lol. if you get banned for this, I would say, you deserve it.

its not like I am defending GGG here with their horrendous crafting logic (slot machine duh) and having to click a million times on an item, but bruh that tool is straight up fraud.

if there's ever a truly-offline mode in poe, go for it, in online game, that gives you miles of advantage over other players, and I would expect GGG to intervene.

It's completely understandable when it's about direct gameplay advantages. Like logout or use life flask when HP/ES falls too low or AI control, activity imitation. This clearly a dark side. But when you fix painful QoL problems yourself which were ignored literally for decade it should not only be legal it should be built in into the game. There should some kind of built in autocraft tool at least for common actions: chaos/alt spam, chance - scour, alt - regal - scour, when amount of repeats literally goes over thousands. I've spent like 3 or 4 hours on crafting heist gear. Only most important. t2+/t2+ quantity and currency duplicaton, t1 alert level reduction for everyone. I also wanted t1 extra reveal but only did few pieces. Wanted to get t1 alert level reduction + t1 avoid lockdown, but this might take a hour per piece. I dealt with those 1500 div cards, it took like 40 minutes with some pauses. Why there is no special slot in div card tab and "unstack all" button. We got convert maps button in map tabs. I want to get chance achievment but I can't hold myself for more than 10 minutes. It's too tegious. It feels like GGG just show their sadistic nature here.
"
"
iParadoxG wrote:
"
[Removed by Support]

It's completely understandable when it's about direct gameplay advantages. Like logout or use life flask when HP/ES falls too low or AI control, activity imitation. This clearly a dark side. But when you fix painful QoL problems yourself which were ignored literally for decade it should not only be legal it should be built in into the game. There should some kind of built in autocraft tool at least for common actions: chaos/alt spam, chance - scour, alt - regal - scour, when amount of repeats literally goes over thousands. I've spent like 3 or 4 hours on crafting heist gear. Only most important. t2+/t2+ quantity and currency duplicaton, t1 alert level reduction for everyone. I also wanted t1 extra reveal but only did few pieces. Wanted to get t1 alert level reduction + t1 avoid lockdown, but this might take a hour per piece. I dealt with those 1500 div cards, it took like 40 minutes with some pauses. Why there is no special slot in div card tab and "unstack all" button. We got convert maps button in map tabs. I want to get chance achievment but I can't hold myself for more than 10 minutes. It's too tegious. It feels like GGG just show their sadistic nature here.

I clearly understand where you're coming from. I hate that too, and GGG only tends to take away more player agency with each patch. I am not really sure what goes in their mind when they do these sadistic changes to make people grind pointlessly, or click endlessly.

with that said, that's just how the devs intend the players to play the game, I hate it so much, but breaking ToS is a violation in the end. You either get banned and/or switch to clearly better ARPG alternatives. like Last Epoch for eg.

My take here is I am waiting for PoE2, to see if that offers better solution to these long standing problems, if that's gonna be worse than this, I'd simply leave this game lol. I've been not focusing on many IRL stuff because of this grindy game.

for any ggg mods that reads this -> hey its an honest opinion and I am not alone
player agency, where?

"do you guys not have phones?" - blizz 2018
"do you guys not have 2 monitors, 3 overlays, 4 discord, 5 websites, 6 loot filters?" - ggg or smth 2024
"deal with it" - ggg, 2024

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info