[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
Voidshrine wrote:
What do you think about Darkray vectors on Trickster? With 8 frenzy charges I would get 45% movement speed and 16% dodge. It would definitely help mobility if I can manage to get resists without quiver on replacing MF belt and sadimas gloves. (Even 50% move and 18% dodge with +1 corrupted ones which are pretty cheap right now)

No life, vendor. Losing over 300 life is too big imo. Reduced frenzy charge duration might be very annoying against some bosses. The additional dmg from frenzy and dodge is pretty good tho.

Sadima's don't give ANYTHING except IIQ. Goldwyrm has higher IIQ, high fire res and 60% mana regen that's useful (maybe not that much for Trickster). QotF and Goldwyrms should be better choice imo. Maybe not as fast as Darkrays, but much easier to gear.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
first post on poe forums (scratch that have a trade one up) 2nd yay!

and wanna say thank you very much the guide is awesome :)

edit: and that dmg lol epic
also killing them bubbles from outside feelsogoodman <3
Last edited by giogr on Mar 21, 2018, 4:12:38 AM
Hi all and DankawSL

Just saying thanks for the awsome build.
I am a casual player since beta and this is the first build i try in a league (dont judge me :P i love standard)

I have a question for you as i want to tweak the build a little.
I will still use the same armor as you
I would like to use Impresence for despair/blasphemy and get rid of the curse on hit setup.
Maybe add blood rage and a CWDT to summon the golem/curse and maybe have a skill with blind on hit.
In the past i used CWDT/Ball lightning/Blind wich worked pretty well

This is purely for QOL and for fun, i dont plan to have an optimal build.

What do you think would be good to try ?

Also what do you think about this quiver ?
Spoiler

Thanks a lot guys :)

Edit: I'm running the trickster version

I was also thinking of getting a watcher eye with Haste/Grace aura evasion/dodge but it will be hard to run both. If you have any suggestion.

Dont be afraid to tell me if this is a terrible idea too :P
---
Last edited by Kelemn on Mar 21, 2018, 10:49:04 AM
I've finally fought shaper guardians today (went awful tbh), completed Vaal Temple and fought T12 Contrictor. Videos should be up tomorrow.
"
Kelemn wrote:
Spoiler
Hi all and DankawSL

Just saying thanks for the awsome build.
I am a casual player since beta and this is the first build i try in a league (dont judge me :P i love standard)

I have a question for you as i want to tweak the build a little.
I will still use the same armor as you
I would like to use Impresence for despair/blasphemy and get rid of the curse on hit setup.
Maybe add blood rage and a CWDT to summon the golem/curse and maybe have a skill with blind on hit.
In the past i used CWDT/Ball lightning/Blind wich worked pretty well

This is purely for QOL and for fun, i dont plan to have an optimal build.

What do you think would be good to try ?

Also what do you think about this quiver ?
Spoiler

Thanks a lot guys :)

Edit: I'm running the trickster version

I was also thinking of getting a watcher eye with Haste/Grace aura evasion/dodge but it will be hard to run both. If you have any suggestion.

Dont be afraid to tell me if this is a terrible idea too :P

CWDT+Enfeeble or CWDT+Ball+Blind for safety seems pretty OK i guess. I don't see a point in doing any others. Blood rage makes you unable to use Damage on Full Life in half of the maps, and you already have frenzy generation. You can't run double aura so scrap that idea as well. I answered Impresence/blasphemy idea on first page:

Spoiler
Impresence looks like a good amulet to start the league with. It's pretty good stat wise (high HP, high DoT, Onyx base) and the free Despair blasphemy. It's a better alternative to Witchfire Brew i've been suggesting for early mapping, if you lack the damage. With it and jade flask you should be able to run through mobs and curse without a fear of dying at all.

However, in the long run it doesn't feel like it's worth it. You could craft a better amulet with an Envy essence, on a better base (Marble/Agate). Blasphemy still has the annoying issue of cancelling your CoH curse, and you should be able to kill monsters outside of it's range in end game anyway. Same goes for Maddening Presence.
CoH-Frenzy setup is mandatory. For cursing and keeping up charges. Period. You can throw in blind support to the setup, since you like that mechanic.

As for your quiver... it's OK i guess. T3 AoE with chaos resist and good life. I would try to craft a better one on pierce base but it does take quite a lot of money to do.

And i really don't see any good other ideas to try out. Well, there is one but it's way too expensive, softcore only and terrible overkill idea.
Last edited by DankawSL on Mar 21, 2018, 2:24:32 PM
"
I've finally fought shaper guardians today (went awful tbh), completed Vaal Temple and fought T12 Contrictor. Videos should be up tomorrow.

Huge hype for the videos.

Thanks a lot for the answers and your right, i overlooked the BloodRage/DOFL interraction. That just dont work. I was questionning the COH setup because i tought that using blood rage + Swift Killer were enought to generate charges.

Yeah i really love the blind mecanic its not obious but in other build i have found it give a lot more defenses. (lessens the chance to hit of the affected target by 50% so with an evasion build its kinda good as it could in theory give you 85% chance to evade as trickster)

Thinking this way an optionnal 6L could be "Frenzy - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Curse on Hit - Despair - Enhance - Blind"

The CWDT/Ball/Blind was only to compensate the removal of the "manual" curse setup. I wont use enfeeble as it will cancel despair.

For the quiver, thanks and yeah i am still levelling this build so i dont have a lot of currency but i will try it later on.

Thanks a lot for the help and the brainstorming i love your build and idea and wanted to be constructive :)

Edit: Actually i wonder if blind could also be used on the wither totem setup ? Not sure if it count as a "hit"
---
Last edited by Kelemn on Mar 21, 2018, 5:43:23 PM
Spoiler
"
Kelemn wrote:
"

Thanks a lot for the answers and your right, i overlooked the BloodRage/DOFL interraction. That just dont work. I was questionning the COH setup because i tought that using blood rage + Swift Killer were enought to generate charges.

Yeah i really love the blind mecanic its not obious but in other build i have found it give a lot more defenses. (lessens the chance to hit of the affected target by 50% so with an evasion build its kinda good as it could in theory give you 85% chance to evade as trickster)

Thinking this way an optionnal 6L could be "Frenzy - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Curse on Hit - Despair - Enhance - Blind"

The CWDT/Ball/Blind was only to compensate the removal of the "manual" curse setup. I wont use enfeeble as it will cancel despair.

For the quiver, thanks and yeah i am still levelling this build so i dont have a lot of currency but i will try it later on.

Thanks a lot for the help and the brainstorming i love your build and idea and wanted to be constructive :)

Edit: Actually i wonder if blind could also be used on the wither totem setup ? Not sure if it count as a "hit"

Blood rage actually does work with Damage on full life if your life regen exceeds the degen
Started 3.2 with this build and it carried me all the way through red maps. Super easy to follow guide, and the crafting section is a god send for people like me who aren't experienced with crafting.

Not to mention this build is amazing for catching beasts, as the dot lets you hit the net every time.

Thanks for the great guide, I'll probably start off more leagues like this in the future.
Videos are here, gonna add them to main post later. Most of them has a comment in video description:

T16 Vaal Temple

T16 Shaper Guardians:
Minotaur / Pheonix / Chimera / Hydra

T12 Constrictor

T11 Uluman

One thing you might notice is that i'm not rushing through maps as fast as before. The change comes from recent fix to monster damage scaling. It's much more dangerous in higher tier maps so i'll spend that additional minute to not die like an idiot.

"
Kelemn wrote:
Spoiler
"

Even 10% chance to get frenzy on kill is enough for mapping. Problem appears only in bosses, and those are primary targets of Despair anyway.

My problem with blind in general is that it's most useful against normal monsters, and those you kill quickly anyway. Having high evasion/dodge is more useful against them.

Wither doesn't hit, so it cannot blind. Same goes to Blight, tried it once to see if i can use to for easy onslaught generation against bosses.

"
Voidshrine wrote:
Blood rage actually does work with Damage on full life if your life regen exceeds the degen

Yep, it works. Then you have 60% less regen map aaanndddd... the bonus is gone.
Last edited by DankawSL on Mar 22, 2018, 12:35:04 PM
DankawSL i'd like to thank you for the build, its great.

Just got my +3 ED staff and i'm having soo much fun with it.

My current gear is atm:

Now i'll try to improve jewels and get a lvl 4 empower.

The only question i have is, which level do you usually run CWDT and vaal grace? Around 5-6?
Last edited by Reizek on Mar 22, 2018, 8:45:41 PM
"
Reizek wrote:
Spoiler
DankawSL i'd like to thank you for the build, its great.

Just got my +3 ED staff and i'm having soo much fun with it.

My current gear is atm:

Now i'll try to improve jewels and get a lvl 4 empower.

The only question i have is, which level do you usually run CWDT and vaal grace? Around 5-6?

I'm really glad to see commendation from someone who reached over lvl 90.

I personally use CWDT (lvl 3) - IC (lvl 5) - Vaal Grace (lvl 20). Aura can't be triggered anyway. IMO, max lvl of that setup is CWDT (lvl 5) - IC (lvl 7). It's your preference in the end.

Be sure to cap your lightning resistance without quiver. If you switch your weapons inside ele weakness map, you won't be capped. I do warn about it in the guide. The chance to die to such unfortunate turn of events is small, but it's still there.

Empowers 4 are really cheap right now, so i recommend buying one ASAP. Jewels are ridiculously expensive atm (i still need 1 more myself).
Last edited by DankawSL on Mar 23, 2018, 10:02:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info