[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Hi, love the build so much, i'm already at early mapping stage. I have some ideas and need your insight.

It's about the gem setup.
In the guide you said
"
Frenzy - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Curse on Hit - Despair

Use it on tanky rares, bosses and whenever you need to refresh your frenzy charge duration.

Is it good if I put enhance and pierce to this setup? So it would be :
Frenzy - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Curse on Hit - Despair - Pierce - Enhance
I need your insight about enhance + despair. is it going to work? or empower is better?

Right now I'm still building my damage so my CA depends on despair so much. and sometimes it just annoys me looking monster not getting despair debuff. (even CA without pierce already annoy me )
"
DankawSL wrote:
"
Collared wrote:
Spoiler
Hi, first of all, thank you for this build, i've followed it for my first character and it's really fun to play, not very dynamic but this is what i love in it, just throwing an arrow in the middle of a room and look at the monster loosing life is pretty fun.

But, you know i don't have the knowledge to understand some point.

The one i don't understand is how does immortal call work ? It say that it consuming endurance charges but i don't understand where does those charge come from ?

Sorry for those probably stupid question, it's the forst time i follow a build and i've followed your very strictly ^^'

Endurance charges aren't necessary to cast Immortal Call, they only extend the base 0.4 second duration. We don't generate endurance charges, so Increased Duration is used to extend that short time to be more reasonable (~0.7 sec).

Oh, many thanks for the answer. Will try it right now !

Keep up the good work, it's a really nice build you got here !
Update on onslaught path:
After many maps, huge upgrades to my character and overall progression with the onslaught path i finally came to conclusion:

Onslaught path is AWESOME, but it's the last upgrade of the build. Yes, after getting the staff and having at least lvl 27 CA.

I did mention before that i respec to onslaught a bit too early. In fact, so early that all i wanted to do is respec back to frenzy. My clear speed couldn't keep up with the speed this path gives, forcing me to stare at monster for too long. I couldn't keep up frenzies because of it as well. Once i finally got reasonable dps, everything changed.

Next problem occured against bosses, it absolutely sucks to lose the onslaught buff in middle of the fight. Then again, with ED staff it's possible to kill most bosses so fast that you don't have to think about keeping it up.

It's very much the last upgrade you can do, otherwise it doesn't feel nearly as smooth as the frenzy path.

One last thing remains to test: end game bosses. I do fear it's not reliable enough. Hell, i know it's not reliable enough for most of them. Writhing Jar might help, but i dunno if it's enough. Which flask slot should i replace anyway? Probably MF flask... overall, don't like the idea.

I'm going to update the guide within next 2 days.

"
ruleshellz wrote:
Spoiler
Hi, love the build so much, i'm already at early mapping stage. I have some ideas and need your insight.

It's about the gem setup.
In the guide you said
"
Frenzy - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Curse on Hit - Despair

Use it on tanky rares, bosses and whenever you need to refresh your frenzy charge duration.

Is it good if I put enhance and pierce to this setup? So it would be :
Frenzy - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Curse on Hit - Despair - Pierce - Enhance
I need your insight about enhance + despair. is it going to work? or empower is better?

Right now I'm still building my damage so my CA depends on despair so much. and sometimes it just annoys me looking monster not getting despair debuff. (even CA without pierce already annoy me )

Enhance is fine, i do recommend it in optional setups and it does increase quality of the curse. Pierce shouldn't be necessary, the build does pick up +2 pierce node on the tree which also applies to CoH setup. You should be using +1 pierce quiver as well. It's enough for majority of the monsters packs. Simply pick those nodes up (above acrobatics).

What makes me worry is the fact you need despair to kill efficiently. It's not supposed to happen. I understand bosses, but not normal monsters. You need to upgrade your gear, with first upgrade being lvl 21 CA gem (cheap as hell this league) and then +2 6-linked bow. Can't help you more without seeing your current character.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
What'd be the tree for a shadow's version? or the duelist one?
"
Squirtle2096 wrote:

He linked the Shadow (trickster trees) in the first page of responses.

Normal tree with nice Eva + QoL: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.2.0/AAAABAYCACpNotlEDWHryBSJ4HpTLOmjo3n2BS12guOEbIxVhSaVo4o6Qutjm7WExf66WhpqjA5IUUfaO3TtI_bPFb6n9W9HfkkTz3oILmJanaoZtOhaLlNS7O2Dpcuw2GHiS3jqYnDUkx8byCpbXfIRL3rvfXV1nvmkhrONfe9602831Le28NVirLIZQzHC7L029qM-z02S7g51y-ZYpDnI8MM62sEVII_6MHwHHpFHgLMmiO0_hNnP3WVNIuotg1VLm41H4rcwSVHxijY9MHEyAVxAEZbTfjOjIuK95o1-AF6VLhmO1CPo1o2_BbXdqLTFwzO1SIfLPLbIDADuJJ0Wv6ebtNE=

Tree with Scion life wheel picked up: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.2.0/AAAABAYCACpNotlEDWHryBSJ4HpTLOmjo3n2BS12guOEbIxVhTrhJpWjijpC62ObtYTFWhpqjA5IUUfaO3TtI_bPFb6n9W9HfkkTz3qdqhm06FouU1Lspcuw2GHiS3jqYnDUkx8byCpbXfKmV03j8kURL3rvdZ75pIazjX3vetNvN9S3tvDVYqxuqrIZQzHC7ErIvTb2oz7PTZLuDnXL5likOcjwwzr-j9rBFSD-CjWS2L2P-j8nMHwHHrXykUeAsyaI7T-E2c_dZU0i6i2DVUtH4rcwSVHxijY9MHEyAVxAEZYzoyLiveaNfpUu1CPo1o2_BbXdqLTFwzO1SIfLPLbIDADuFr-nm7TR

Patient Reaper > Prolonged Pain > Swift Killer > Ghost Dance

Last edited by Voidshrine on Mar 15, 2018, 6:46:13 AM
Hello, I am very interested in this build but I am still new-ish player, is this a good choice in terms of getting the right gear or will it be just too confusing for new player?
"
Squirtle2096 wrote:

I'm adding them in tomorrow's update.

"
Rengatharu wrote:
Hello, I am very interested in this build but I am still new-ish player, is this a good choice in terms of getting the right gear or will it be just too confusing for new player?

If you know basics, can trade and reached yellow maps - i think you should be fine. Gearing CA and progression should be very easy. Everything is in the guide. The tougher part is getting to the point where you finally get to use Caustic Arrow.

Check out Levelling/progression and see for yourself if it's confusing.
Last edited by DankawSL on Mar 15, 2018, 8:00:37 PM
Hi, Very thorough build, well done on the guide. I'm new to the game, and if I were to try this as a starter character, would it be doable? I looked at lvl 64+ 6L bows on poe.trade and they were all 15-30+Chaos, is that a reasonable amount I should expect to have by lvl 64 so I can use it when I get there? or would you recommend another build before I come to this one?
"
KickerMW wrote:
Hi, Very thorough build, well done on the guide. I'm new to the game, and if I were to try this as a starter character, would it be doable? I looked at lvl 64+ 6L bows on poe.trade and they were all 15-30+Chaos, is that a reasonable amount I should expect to have by lvl 64 so I can use it when I get there? or would you recommend another build before I come to this one?

You can start from 5L first. At the leveling section there's instruction to get 5L first. Then make currency and get the lv 21 CA gem + 6L bow.
I got my lv 21 CA for 1c. Thats dope!
Mar 16th, 2018 - Onslaught update
* Added skill trees for Other Ascendancy Classes

Onslaught changes:
* Onslaught path guide is now in place of End Game Bosses guide.
* End Game Bosses guide is now standalone.
* Deleted mentions of The Green Dream in Skill Tree and Gearing sections.

Levelling/progression:
* Added new lvl 76 skill tree in Elemental Bow Levelling. It's there to help people while respeccing the character.
* Minor improvements in whole section.

==============

The next step should be replacing videos. I need few more upgrades for my character and i should start recording them.

"
KickerMW wrote:

I believe it's too advanced for you right now. I don't think you've finished primary storyline yet, and this build starts exactly after that.

Come back once you get to know the basics, know how to trade and reach at least yellow maps with another character. This build isn't really hard, but not the easiest one either.
Last edited by DankawSL on Mar 16, 2018, 3:24:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info