[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

What are your thoughts on the importance of the "cannot be frozen" prefix (veiled) craft on boots (costs 4x Chaos Orbs)? Personally, I think it helps quite a lot with many dangerous encounters and perhaps could be suggested as something the build should try to include.
Last edited by Relnerad on Jan 6, 2019, 5:49:02 AM
The build immune to all elemental ailments, that includes freeze. You simply need to have onslaught (which is basically all the time) or 3 frenzy charges (bosses).
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Hi! Just to start it out, wonderful guide dude! Very detailed and the character is awesome, strong and fun to play =D

Now, i'm starting on T16 maps and I feel i'm still a bit off gear wise. I would love if you could take a look at it... About the bow, how do you craft the +1 socketed gems?! I can't find it in my crafting bench and it doesn't seem to exist (or i don't know where to look for it...).

P.S.: Playing on standard.

Thanks for your time!
MKai
"
DankawSL wrote:

How exactly was your process of crafting it?

1. Alt/Aug spam until Vicious Projectiles + 1 Arrow (prefix+suffix)
1a. Imprint!
2. Regal (you either get a prefix or suffix) (if +1 socketed gems...WTF DUDE! jump to 8.)
3. Use annulment and pray the not wanted prefix/suffix gets removed
4. Craft Multi Mod (suffix)
5. Craft Cannot roll attack mods (suffix)
6. Exalt for guaranteed +1 gem socket
7. Remove crafted mods
8. Craft Multi Mod again(suffix)
9. Craft +2 support gems (prefix)
10. Craft attack speed (suffix)

Is that correct?

*edit* Of course you want to quality craft socket/link it beforehand.

Btw what happens if a bow has white sockets and you use a chromatic after. Will the white sockets stay?
Last edited by zorker on Jan 6, 2019, 9:52:59 AM
"
ManaKai wrote:
Spoiler
Hi! Just to start it out, wonderful guide dude! Very detailed and the character is awesome, strong and fun to play =D

Now, i'm starting on T16 maps and I feel i'm still a bit off gear wise. I would love if you could take a look at it... About the bow, how do you craft the +1 socketed gems?! I can't find it in my crafting bench and it doesn't seem to exist (or i don't know where to look for it...).

P.S.: Playing on standard.

Thanks for your time!
MKai

I believe i already replied to your question about the craft - you can find all info in crafting section, step by step. It's impossible to fail. You can't craft the mod with bench, you can only block all every other mod to guaranatee that slamming the bow with exalted orb gives you +1. You should probably craft the bow with fossils, but i don't know anything about the prices there.

You should be running T16s at barely lvl 88. Running yellow maps quickly will gives you much, much more experience and potential gear upgrades (if you're IDing rares).

The gear is not too bad, but not great either. Bad belt base, low MS boots, Starkonja as helmet (no enchant), low resists on majority of the gear. Nearly every piece could use an upgrade. Quiver is good but it's wrong base, upgrade it last. The flasks tho... are complete disaster. Change them to the recommened setup. I assume you use Bismuth flask.

Then there's your ascendancy choice. It's offensively, but lacks defense. So in case you're dying too often, that's the reason for it (and running too strong content doesn't help).

From gems, you're missing Vaal Grace and Clarity. Dread Banner is also recommened. Your CA is only lvl 19 now (i assume corruption bricked it), so you're losing quite a lot of dps atm.

"
zorker wrote:
Spoiler
"
DankawSL wrote:

How exactly was your process of crafting it?

1. Alt/Aug spam until Vicious Projectiles + 1 Arrow (prefix+suffix)
1a. Imprint!
2. Regal (you either get a prefix or suffix) (if +1 socketed gems...WTF DUDE! jump to 8.)
3. Use annulment and pray the not wanted prefix/suffix gets removed
4. Craft Multi Mod (suffix)
5. Craft Cannot roll attack mods (suffix)
6. Exalt for guaranteed +1 gem socket
7. Remove crafted mods
8. Craft Multi Mod again(suffix)
9. Craft +2 support gems (prefix)
10. Craft attack speed (suffix)

Is that correct?

*edit* Of course you want to quality craft socket/link it beforehand.

Btw what happens if a bow has white sockets and you use a chromatic after. Will the white sockets stay?

I actually bought the base, it was pure +1 arrow and lvl 20 Vicious Proj rare. I stumbled upon it by accident while trying to price my own crafted bow, it was at RIDICULOUSLY cheap price for at least 3 hours (6ex, already linked).

The crafting portion - you're pretty much correct. I would add regaling every time you hit one of the mods, it's definitely worth it with how rare +1 arrow is.

However the easiest way of crafting is... buying the bow with these mods already and attempt to annul the bad affixes. Faster and almost certainly cheaper. The chance of hitting vicious and +1 arrow is incredibly low and amount of alterations should be count in ten thousands. If your base is fast (1.4+ AS) you can ignore AS craft and just focus on prefixes - it's extremely "cheap" too (3ex instead of 8ex).

Using chromatic orb will erase white sockets.
Hey, ty for your last tips, check my gear one more time im not sure its good move to swap Lion Pelt to starkonja's head only for caustic arrow duration (+30) and total random boots with atziris step (i know about enchant on boots nothing interest on auction ;/).

I swap also belt and some rings + flasks what help me a lot.

On what i need to focus now?
https://poe.technology/poebuddy/2pV7Dt6Z
Last edited by fuksdelux on Jan 6, 2019, 1:58:15 PM
Everything seems fine now. Rings are really good, most of your gear is solid. You have all the basic stuff at this point. What's left is min-maxing. Buying better gear, crafting it and everything. You can find every notable mod in crafting section and Delve league (fossil crafting).

The last pure upgrades to the build you can do are Empower 4 and elder bow for extra damage.
Last edited by DankawSL on Jan 7, 2019, 7:15:02 AM
Hi I realy like the build but i can not figure out how to get the delve blasphemy setup to work without geting -reserved mana, I would realy appreciate help // Alex
Thanks for the amazing and incredibly detailed guide, truly appreciated. People such as yourself truly enhance the PoE experience.

I had a question regarding your videos of the build. In one of your 3.4 Delve videos, you're running with Aspect of The Crab. Is that still relevant in 3.5. Should I look for that in an item / craft it myself?

I never played Bestiary nor Delve, so unfortunately glossed over all the aspect / beastcrafting stuff.

Edit: Oh, another quick question. I noticed the Watcher's Eye recommended BiS for Jewels. I managed to pick one up cheaply, however, none of the leveling or end-game trees has jewel slots taken. Are jewels no longer needed, or are those older trees?
Last edited by publiq on Jan 7, 2019, 12:16:11 PM
"
Hi I realy like the build but i can not figure out how to get the delve blasphemy setup to work without geting -reserved mana, I would realy appreciate help // Alex

You have to get enough mana regen and/or -X mana cost of skills craft on jewellery. You shouldn't bother yourself too much with the setup tho. It's for VERY deep delving, curses are completely broken for normal monsters which delve is full of. I personally reached 341 depth in DHC before i died to disconnect last league. I didn't really change my setup to anything i list there.

"
publiq wrote:
Spoiler
Thanks for the amazing and incredibly detailed guide, truly appreciated. People such as yourself truly enhance the PoE experience.

I had a question regarding your videos of the build. In one of your 3.4 Delve videos, you're running with Aspect of The Crab. Is that still relevant in 3.5. Should I look for that in an item / craft it myself?

I never played Bestiary nor Delve, so unfortunately glossed over all the aspect / beastcrafting stuff.

Edit: Oh, another quick question. I noticed the Watcher's Eye recommended BiS for Jewels. I managed to pick one up cheaply, however, none of the leveling or end-game trees has jewel slots taken. Are jewels no longer needed, or are those older trees?

Crab is an optional setup, you don't have to use it. It's incredible source of mitigation especially if paired with endurance charge generation. I really like it personally and you can be i'll use it again once i finally invest into better gear.

There is one jewel socket between ranger and duelist, that's where you'll end up socketing the Watcher's Eye.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info