[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Hey, just quick question, do you think Herald of Agony is viable? and how would you link it? o,o
"
DankawSL wrote:
Poison doesn't help. Chaos damage increases damage but it's hard to obtain (essences and unique gear pretty much). The only available thing are bow gems.

I'm pretty new to PoE and still learning all the mechanics so forgive me if this is an obvious question, but I see that the level 93 passive tree you link to for this build has 3 points spent on poison damage. Does that poison damage help some even if the core of the build is chaos damage?
Last edited by Brian_Botono on Sep 4, 2018, 2:06:32 PM
thanks for answers! i overlooked aspect of the eagle are even four points..
Thank you for the thorough guide. It's really helpful for a new player like me, but I could use some help with the free gem slots. As a new player I'm really not sure what to pick. Could you please help me with that?
What are people's thoughts about Herald of Agony with this build? Good? Bad? How would you fit it in?
"
HarryHaller wrote:
What bow and itemlvl would u reccomend for self crafting?

Absolutely everything you need to know is in crafting section. Everything, except new delve crafting that i've not attempeted yet. I saw some broken stuff people already crafted with it. This is going to become extremely expensive really quickly.

"
Brian_Botono wrote:
Spoiler
"
DankawSL wrote:
Poison doesn't help. Chaos damage increases damage but it's hard to obtain (essences and unique gear pretty much). The only available thing are bow gems.

I'm pretty new to PoE and still learning all the mechanics so forgive me if this is an obvious question, but I see that the level 93 passive tree you link to for this build has 3 points spent on poison damage. Does that poison damage help some even if the core of the build is chaos damage?

FAQ:
Q: What is Caustic Arrow's cloud scaling with?
A: It's a degeneration area that scales off DoT / chaos / projectile / area / global damage increases. It's not a poison and doesn't scale with it.

It's not an attack itself, but the gem has an attack tag allowing it to be scaled with chaos / DoT increases with attack/bow skills. I know it's a bit confusing, but it's exactly what i said. The passive tree is as optimal as it's possible, don't worry.

"
BuchananNeket wrote:
Thank you for the thorough guide. It's really helpful for a new player like me, but I could use some help with the free gem slots. As a new player I'm really not sure what to pick. Could you please help me with that?

Assuming you already have all other recommended setups, just fill them with CA gems, level them up to 20 and vaal for chance of getting lvl 21 gem.

I usually use these slots Enhance - Portal (2-link or 6-link inside CoH setup) and other 2 are reserved for end game content additional setups.

"
winterselene wrote:
Hey, just quick question, do you think Herald of Agony is viable? and how would you link it? o,o

"
puckmarin wrote:
What are people's thoughts about Herald of Agony with this build? Good? Bad? How would you fit it in?

FAQ:
Q: How about scaling Herald of Agony minion?
A: This build does not focus on poison and therefore Herald of Agony isn't going to be very reliable or powerful tool. In case you want to scale it, you would have to use Pathfinder ascendancy with Wither Rain setup. Additionally the setup would require Poison Support gem instead of Increased Duration.

^ I'll probably have to expand this one because there's a question like this on every page now i believe.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Just wanna day that I'm having loads of fun with this build. I got lucky with an exalt drop early on and built out most of the required items minus a +3 bow but it's been a breezy leveling it in league.

I did want to post this for those going for end game bows,

https://reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/9cwheo/guide_how_to_fossil_craft_3_bows/

Potential for fairly easy +3 with an insane chance of getting a lvl 30 CA
Like this build so far, great job. Did you try volley support gem for faster clearing maps? I;m using it instead of DMG on full hp and it seems better. What do you generally think about volley?
How do you manage your mana in bosses? I'm lvl 78 and i'm struggling to kill some bosses, (I still have shit gear, except for a 6link +2 bow, so i don't know if that'll get fixed over time) I usually end up having to use all of my potions, and then just running around waiting for the regen to finish up the kill
"
soulesschild wrote:
Spoiler
Just wanna day that I'm having loads of fun with this build. I got lucky with an exalt drop early on and built out most of the required items minus a +3 bow but it's been a breezy leveling it in league.

I did want to post this for those going for end game bows,

https://reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/9cwheo/guide_how_to_fossil_craft_3_bows/

Potential for fairly easy +3 with an insane chance of getting a lvl 30 CA

That's awesome hear man.

Yep, i did see all the recent posts with insane gear from fossil crafting. I'll look into it closely, but i suspect it's gonna be very expensive as people catch on.

"
pershing2896 wrote:
Like this build so far, great job. Did you try volley support gem for faster clearing maps? I;m using it instead of DMG on full hp and it seems better. What do you generally think about volley?

I use GMP for clearing right now until i get +1 arrow quiver. Volley is fine if you want to use it. GMP has wider screen coverage so imo it's better in general. It's a matter of preference i guess.

"
SkiipperSama wrote:
How do you manage your mana in bosses? I'm lvl 78 and i'm struggling to kill some bosses, (I still have shit gear, except for a 6link +2 bow, so i don't know if that'll get fixed over time) I usually end up having to use all of my potions, and then just running around waiting for the regen to finish up the kill

That's where optional Clarity setup comes in. Investing into early Druidic Route for higher mana pool plus 20% duration is good option too. Quick tp in and out works too. Or simply increase damage, or skill effect duration nodes... almost anything.

I didn't really have mana issues on bosses except few very annoying ones (Rampart jumping dude etc.), but i'm also very experienced with the playstyle so...

The key is to not spam and try to make boss stay in the cloud. I sometimes facetank them if i'm tanky enough. Overall, any next upgrade will make this problem easier to handle
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Sep 4, 2018, 6:46:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info