[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
Mirman01 wrote:
I have problem keeping up hte Divination Distilate flask. I dont have any mana regen on gear , only the Druidic Rite and Primal Spirit on the tree.

The easiest fix before you get a 6L bow would be to use Forbidden Taste as your 2nd life flask. Forbidden Tastes recovers up to 100% of your life and then applies a slow degen on your max life.

What you do is you is the following:
- Use Forbidden Taste to apply the debuff, immediately after that
- Use the Divination Distillate, which does not fully counter the degen
- ???
- Profit. Full Divination Distillate uptime.

hth, easy life hack ;)
What about starkonja as helmet¿? It's so good and maybe could work good with this build
"
electroretard wrote:
Spoiler
"
Mirman01 wrote:
I have problem keeping up hte Divination Distilate flask. I dont have any mana regen on gear , only the Druidic Rite and Primal Spirit on the tree.

The easiest fix before you get a 6L bow would be to use Forbidden Taste as your 2nd life flask. Forbidden Tastes recovers up to 100% of your life and then applies a slow degen on your max life.

What you do is you is the following:
- Use Forbidden Taste to apply the debuff, immediately after that
- Use the Divination Distillate, which does not fully counter the degen
- ???
- Profit. Full Divination Distillate uptime.

hth, easy life hack ;)

That's a really good idea. Not something i would do in HC or when you're using DoFL support tho.

"
Carcelero wrote:
What about starkonja as helmet¿? It's so good and maybe could work good with this build

Starkonja is good, but i dislike it because it has no resits at all. I prefer normal, enchanted Lion's Pelt and then self-craft it to something decent.

Speaking about enchantments, 40% CA dmg is still great. There is a new challenger tho, 30% increased CA duration. With super short duration it looks to me as a viable option, in case you feel it's not good enough after skill effect duration nodes. It's up to you to decide.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
what's about withering touch barrage ranged totem instead of wither totem ?
"
Carcelero wrote:

I use it and have no issues with resistances.
Its a really great helm as when you get low life you gain so much defenses.
synergises well with the already high evasion, CWDT+IC and dodge nodes the build gets some really nice defenses.
great build, im having lots of fun with it so far. what do you think about the new(?) efficacy gem instead of damage on full life until empower 3/4 is available as a 6th link? and isnt "aspect of the eagle" worth the 3 points in the tree?
Last edited by rade0n on Sep 3, 2018, 10:47:53 PM
"
rade0n wrote:
great build, im having lots of fun with it so far. what do you think about the new(?) efficacy gem instead of damage on full life until empower 3/4 is available as a 6th link? and isnt "aspect of the eagle" worth the 3 points in the tree?

Im thinking about changing to efficacy also. Empower 3 or 4 wont be available for a while.
Aspect of the eagle should be worth it but probably going to be level 91 and 92 nodes for me.
1. What about Mirage Archer in Caustic Arrow link setup for clear speed? For example instead of Vicious Projectiles or Concentrated Effect.
2. Is Caustic Arrow damage is enough for tough bosses?
3. Do I need Essence drain for single target, or it will be enough Allelopathy with Blight.
4. What about setup with Viper Strike for solo targets?
Last edited by Vehs on Sep 4, 2018, 6:41:01 AM
"
what's about withering touch barrage ranged totem instead of wither totem ?

It would require 5-link to work:

Barrage - RAT - Withering - GMP - Increased Duration

Without the last link the Barrage RAT cannot beat Wither Totem except maybe 1 case - when you use Quill Rain (but that's too big DPS loss without +4 gems body armour).

"
rade0n wrote:

Efficacy is the best option now if you want your damage to always be reliable.

Aspect of the eagle isn't worth it. Level 93 tree is very efficient and takes all the best nodes there are... except jewels. If they're 2 points away, they're the most efficient node on the tree if you got suitable 3 mod jewel for it.

"
Vehs wrote:
1. What about Mirage Archer in Caustic Arrow link setup for clear speed? For example instead of Vicious Projectiles or Concentrated Effect.
2. Is Caustic Arrow damage is enough for tough bosses?
3. Do I need Essence drain for single target, or it will be enough Allelopathy with Blight.
4. What about setup with Viper Strike for solo targets?
1. Answered in FAQ:

Q: How about Mirage Archer?
A: If you feel that your damage is good enough, feel free to use it. However remember that you have to maintain mana for Divination Distillate. With that in mind, it's not the best support for this particular CA build. Try Greater Multiple Projectiles instead.

2. Yes, the guide clearly states "Capable of clearing all content in the game. " at the very beginning of it. It requires a good investment tho.

3. The guide focuses on Caustic Arrow only now. Classic CA+ED build is only for veterans who can acquire the necessary items. Based on next question, i can clearly see you're not one of them.

4. Viper Strike is a MELEE attack, while Caustic Arrow is a BOW attack. The damage would be insignificant based on DoT focus of CA and passive tree.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
What bow and itemlvl would u reccomend for self crafting?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info