[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

should probably remove that from the build guide then lol
"
Tearakudo wrote:
should probably remove that from the build guide then lol

I am not 100% sure, but I don't think that Vaal Grace is there to be triggered by CWDT, but just so that it can take advantage of Increased Duration when manually cast.
Loving the build so far, still only using a lvl 3 Empower since the lvl 4 ones are bit expensive atm, but the dps is pretty insane.

One problem however, is elder. Keeping shaper alive during phase 2 seems close to impossible, and the DoT is horrible at taking out the portals, so the mobs just keep flowing in and i can't kill them fast enough. I even failed this part at yellow elder (Still killed him though), but red elder is near impossible.

I have swapped over to the onslaught build now, with kintsugi and elder frenzy gloves. Still no +1 arrow quiver as they seem somewhat costly still.

Any tips on how to handle Elder better would be nice, i've spent quite a bit of chaos on that one map now but i still havent manage to kill him sadly. :(
"
thorvanbehrns wrote:
Loving the build so far, still only using a lvl 3 Empower since the lvl 4 ones are bit expensive atm, but the dps is pretty insane.

One problem however, is elder. Keeping shaper alive during phase 2 seems close to impossible, and the DoT is horrible at taking out the portals, so the mobs just keep flowing in and i can't kill them fast enough. I even failed this part at yellow elder (Still killed him though), but red elder is near impossible.

I have swapped over to the onslaught build now, with kintsugi and elder frenzy gloves. Still no +1 arrow quiver as they seem somewhat costly still.

Any tips on how to handle Elder better would be nice, i've spent quite a bit of chaos on that one map now but i still havent manage to kill him sadly. :(

Hai! A friend pointed this out to me so figured I would share with all the new chaos damaging people joining the fight against Elder.

The Portals, on top of having a crap ton of life, have 35% Chaos resist (Elder has 25%...infact most everything else has 25%) and are immune to Curses. Since Despair is one of the few sources of chaos pen, this means you probably aren't penetrating its resist nearly at all.

All this amounts to the portals not really taking chaos damage. I tried last league (I was doing a flicker strike build that applied poisons) to bring attention to this and was mostly ignored. I wish you all the best and hope this gets fixed.
"
Tearakudo wrote:
Am i crazy or does Vaal Grace no longer work with this? It's not shown as valid to CWDT

Skua99 is correct on this matter. Taken from FAQ:

Q: Why do you link Vaal Grace with CWDT? You can't trigger it!
A: It's linked so it can benefit from Increased Duration. You save one gem slot that way. CWDT won't trigger Vaal Grace, and that's for the better. It's best to manually activate it when you need it the most.

To add little bit on that, with changes to vaal skills lockout it's no longer necessary to link Vaal Grace with increased duration. I still prefer it that way tho, almost 14 sec duration feels awesome.

"
thorvanbehrns wrote:
Spoiler

Taken from End Game Bosses/Maps Guide:

Elder:
Required gem setup: Frost Wall

Once you get to know his moves, he's very easy. In first phase you should prioritize killing spawned minions, so they won't drop decaying ground (phys degen). Damage elder whenever you don't have to focus minions. Second phase, just protect Shaper with Frost Wall (see video). Third phase can be tricky and even deadly, but overall try to burst down the Elder while killing mobs to recover flask charges.

"
Rheavon wrote:
Spoiler
Hai! A friend pointed this out to me so figured I would share with all the new chaos damaging people joining the fight against Elder.

The Portals, on top of having a crap ton of life, have 35% Chaos resist (Elder has 25%...infact most everything else has 25%) and are immune to Curses. Since Despair is one of the few sources of chaos pen, this means you probably aren't penetrating its resist nearly at all.

All this amounts to the portals not really taking chaos damage. I tried last league (I was doing a flicker strike build that applied poisons) to bring attention to this and was mostly ignored. I wish you all the best and hope this gets fixed.

Yep, the same 35% chaos res made running Raider in Incursion league an awful experience, because the mobs also had same amount of resistance. Now the damage is not a problem and Elder can be easily cheesed with Frost Wall. It's even easier since the tree picks up Skill Effect Duration by default.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Sep 6, 2018, 1:00:56 PM
Ah, i missed the frostwall trick. I saw the video now. I'll have to give that a go next time i spawn him then. Thanks :)
what best helmet enchant for ca? rly 4 different and it is not clear what is better
Im using 30% CA duration and imo its worth
"
Razormaze wrote:
what best helmet enchant for ca? rly 4 different and it is not clear what is better

40% CA damage or 30% CA duration. You choose between ~7% more damage and at worst 20% more duration, both are very good. Up to you which one you prefer.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
so far I like this, but I'm only level 62 (getting through the game has never been slower...) so I can't say anything yet about how strong this is. enemies sure seem to die quickly and I've been dying a LOT less than on my first painful experience with act 5-10 bosses (probably have been nerfed hard in the meantime too). innocence still a joke with his instant deathbeam (wtf were they thinking). somehow I have no faith though that this build can bring me any further than frost blades in harbinger where I had up to 300000 dam max AND leech regening my es and STILL couldn't get past tier 13 maps, causing me to uninstall the game in utter disgust. sure, as a ranger I can stay away a lil further from the enemies, but I can't see what would give me survivability surpassing being able to regen my 6000 es in 1-2 seconds. if this doesn't work out, I certainly will uninstall again
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info