[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Optimal level for steelskin and cwdt? Or 20-20 is ok and good enough.
Last edited by LithicTRG on Feb 10, 2020, 1:05:29 PM
"
LithicTRG wrote:
Optimal level for steelskin and cwdt? Or 20-20 is ok and good enoght.

Yes, don't think it brings anything @21.
Im not about 21 level gems, maybe would be better 18 lvl steelskin and 14-15 cwdt?
Last edited by LithicTRG on Feb 11, 2020, 9:14:47 AM
Hey, Any help on my build. First season playing, super fun. Do I need these additional arrows for this build? Path of building shows I'll increase dmg with just getting more over time mods. I guess when caustics on the ground I cant stack it? Or can I? Anyway, thanks for the great build. Having tons of fun =)

I just want to say that this is a beautiful guide. If only all were as well put together.

I was wondering, why is Piercing Shots so good?
Last edited by ignatius_reilly on Feb 13, 2020, 12:23:49 PM
Hi

Been enjoying the guide so far and at lvl 92 almost 93. I also have a question about the Piercing Shots node. If I have a quiver that has piercing on it is there a reason to have this node? I am not a theory crafter so am looking for some insight. I am doing a lot of damage (734k HO Tooltip with Malevolence and no other buffs, 800k+ tooltip with 3 frenzy) and melting all the groups of mobs. I was thinking of getting the Aspect of the Eagle to get more DPS(about 5-6% more) for boss fights, what is the downside of doing this?
Last edited by Kanguranan on Feb 13, 2020, 5:49:57 PM
"
Kanguranan wrote:
Been enjoying the guide so far and at lvl 92 almost 93. I also have a question about the Piercing Shots node. If I have a quiver that has piercing on it is there a reason to have this node?
Piercing shots is only for map clear, you can experiment with skipping it, but personally I found it very useful especially in delve, it's really slow to kill mobs that are behind other mobs without pierce due to positioning.

"
Kanguranan wrote:
I was thinking of getting the Aspect of the Eagle to get more DPS(about 5-6% more) for boss fights, what is the downside of doing this?
The downside is that Aspect of the Eagle is a weak node for 4 points? You'd probably get more from picking jewel slots, you can also pob how does aspect of the eagle compare vs master fletcher, farsight and avatar of the hunt. But if you can get 2 jewel slots that's probably better.

If you want more damage, why don't you use awakened support gems, I thought they were cheaper than empower 4 so should be within budget.

"
Vipure012 wrote:
Do I need these additional arrows for this build? Path of building shows I'll increase dmg with just getting more over time mods. I guess when caustics on the ground I cant stack it? Or can I?
Same as with piercing shots, extra arrows help with map clear, and help hitting with frenzy + despair. You could try to experiment with arrow nova for map clear instead of extra arrows, but generally the purpose of extra arrows is to cover extra ground especially when playing with concentrated effect support.

No, the caustic ground does not stack with itself but bigger area coverage = more mobs killed together and helps with bosses than move a lot.

Pierce / extra arrows are quality of life / speed clear mods, they don't add pob / tooltip dps. However in most cases they don't rival with any damage mods, extra arrows are a suffix and there aren't that many other suffixes we want except "damage over time multiplier" on quiver / bow. "chaos damage over time multiplier" is a prefix.

If you can't afford perfect bow / quiver you can skip it for now and get ones with dot / cdot mods. If you're already using dying sun you might not need extra arrows that much.
"
Kanguranan wrote:

No, the caustic ground does not stack with itself but bigger area coverage = more mobs killed together and helps with bosses than move a lot.

Pierce / extra arrows are quality of life / speed clear mods, they don't add pob / tooltip dps. However in most cases they don't rival with any damage mods, extra arrows are a suffix and there aren't that many other suffixes we want except "damage over time multiplier" on quiver / bow. "chaos damage over time multiplier" is a prefix.

If you can't afford perfect bow / quiver you can skip it for now and get ones with dot / cdot mods. If you're already using dying sun you might not need extra arrows that much.

THanks so much! Really appreciate all the advice and tips =)
hi, liking the build so far, what do you think of using Maloney's quiver w/ toxic rain+ coh + despair?
"
PapaSmurfbk wrote:
hi, liking the build so far, what do you think of using Maloney's quiver w/ toxic rain+ coh + despair?
You will get much better dps value from using rare quiver with chaos damage over time multiplier + damage over time multiplier (as they're not exclusive with each other), and if you wanna play toxic rain you should probably check a build that uses it as a main skill, 0-link toxic rain is generally worthless, applying despair is better with rain of arrows (faster + bigger area) or with frenzy (because it actually gives you frenzy stacks as well).

And while specs that constantly spam skills like toxic rain or scourge arrow ones could benefit from automated frenzy because stopping to cast it takes away from uptime of your main skill, caustic arrow has a downtime by default so you can squeeze frenzy self cast in between with no dps loss.

For mapping, using witchfire brew to auto-curse is probably the easiest way, and for killing trash despair isn't necessary, so you can even skip it and only cast frenzy + curse on hit setup during boss fights.

Imo since the double dot mod quivers were introduced in 3.9 maloney is an expensive noob trap, will lower your damage on bosses at the exchange of upping your damage while mapping, while the build needs exactly the opposite, has no problem with mapping but bosses can take a tad bit longer so any help there is welcome.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info