Risk versus Reward in PoE: Bosses

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
The real problem with this thread is the supposition that "risk" is the same for all. It's not. For some, risk=0 and forming a ratio out of it is meaningless. For others, and for a bit of overlap, reward=0. They have everything they could possibly want.

When you discuss this issue, you are imposing your own prejudice on the values. That's why different people have different opinions and strategies.

All this thread is doing is crying "Base your game around ME!". Not going to happen.

That's weird but i'm not that astonished by this one.
I was waiting for it to be fair, was just wondering when it would come :D
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Feb 18, 2018, 1:10:43 PM
I do bosses, not because of loot but because it's fun for me.

What I think would be amazing for the boss to have a chance (like 5% to 10%) to drop a token for Zana's fortune favors the brave or something like this. This would be something to improve your mapping experience.
"
Bhaaly wrote:

What I think would be amazing for the boss to have a chance (like 5% to 10%) to drop a token for Zana's fortune favors the brave or something like this. This would be something to improve your mapping experience.

They're called "rare amulets".
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
Bhaaly wrote:

They're called "rare amulets".

A lot of people skip recipes, but I get your point. Though I still think there should be some change.
The problem I have with bosses is the progression of them. When I clear a map for the first time, I am almost guaranteed to have to run the same map again or buy the next tier of map in order to continue. There should be some bonus for killing a boss for the first time, and ideally this would be dropping the next map. This helps reduce the amount of dead ends you reach while trying to progress through the game.

In games with random loot like POE, at lime 99% of loot generated will be garbage. I don't see how increasing rarity or quantity for bosses would make killing them any more appealing. You could argue that they could give more XP, maybe a bar or something when killed at level or within a threshold, but that might make the rest of the map irrelevant.
That would cause you to progress too quickly for most players. You can't be guaranteed progression or there's no strategy involved in it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info