[3.10] From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide

"
CJays wrote:
I have a question regarding the damage displayed in PoB. When I'm looking at the damage calculations for MH and OH hit damage the final equation has the following variables.

From
Base
Inc/Red
More/Less
Total

I can't figure out what is included in the More/Less variable. My build is right with yours in the damage calculation until it hits that number, then my dps gets killed by yours. My number is 4.72 and yours is 9.01.

Pretty sure it is because he has Slower Projectiles on instead of GMP. Slower gives more damage and a high % for Damage with Full Life.
One more question - i dropped Tabula and use it for leveling.
Now i just kill the 2nd Kitava and ready to run maps.
BUT : should i buy a cheap trash rare 5 link or use Tabula litle bit more ?
I haven`t currency atm... have like ~10 chaos. So i can`t expect to buy Belly 5l, or rare 6l.
Last edited by daiverok on Mar 23, 2018, 7:40:24 PM
So, I had decided on playing this build for my third character, the one that was actually meant to lay high-tier bosses. I found that the Brinerot Whalers are super good for leveling. Looking for a good replacement at the moment. I am going to switch out the enchantment on the gloves for attack speed, had some mana issues early on when I hit maps. Overall, this was a smooth ride, so thank you for the leveling build!

Things I did differently:

I used Lightpoacher as an extra tool for clearing maps. This has yielded great results in overall damage. Added an Inspired Learning jewel for extra mods. Incredibly fun to play around with and provides some great offensive and defensive boosts while mapping.
I am considering right now to replace Lightpoacher for Farrul's Bite for extra critical strikes. Can be great with Atziri's Acuity if I decide on buying one later on. Lots of extra damage, especially for single target which is not the build's prime. However, that's something I really need to consider. Switching to Farrul's or a rare helmet would allow for a normal CWDT setup, which the build doesn't have yet. I really like the Lightpoacher though. :D

Spoiler

Anything else I need to pay notice to? Currently level 82 with ~4k health.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
daiverok wrote:
One more question - i dropped Tabula and use it for leveling.
Now i just kill the 2nd Kitava and ready to run maps.
BUT : should i buy a cheap trash rare 5 link or use Tabula litle bit more ?
I haven`t currency atm... have like ~10 chaos. So i can`t expect to buy Belly 5l, or rare 6l.

If you have enough life on the rest of your gear and your resists are capped then use the tabula.

"
ArtCrusade wrote:

Anything else I need to pay notice to? Currently level 82 with ~4k health.

You need to get a lot more life on gear. You have too many uniques. Especially the amulet is just for leveling (or cheap choice for mapping). If you're considering Acuities then you can afford much better amu, gloves and rings.
Not a fan of the boots either. No life, no resists means you have to stack resists on your other gear and lose damage mods and life.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Hi, it is a very good an detailed guide!

I've got just one question: I hit level 85 and changed Wasp nest claws with the Scourge claws but...my overall damage went down and I leech less life. Have i made any mistakes?

Last edited by coscio77 on Mar 24, 2018, 7:12:24 PM
Thanks for the great guide, definitely a fun character so far! I have two questions:

- What's your opinion on The Nomad compared to a rare belt or The Retch? The DPS increase from it seems to be rather substantial (20/12% with mediocre/good gear) and the resistances are decent as well, but I'm not sure if that's worth losing around 400 life.

- Is there some trick to prevent/reduce rubberbanding with Whirling Blades? I think I've died to more than 5 Bearer packs due to this so far. It mostly seems to happen with very narrow map layouts and I'm pretty sure that it has something to do with the skill, not my connection (first time using it in a build, never had this problem with Shield Charge).
Last edited by obliviousBC on Mar 24, 2018, 9:26:27 PM
"
coscio77 wrote:
Hi, it is a very good an detailed guide!

I've got just one question: I hit level 85 and changed Wasp nest claws with the Scourge claws but...my overall damage went down and I leech less life. Have i made any mistakes?

This question has been answered twice already. Don't look at the tooltip. I'll add it to the FAQ.

"
obliviousBC wrote:
Thanks for the great guide, definitely a fun character so far! I have two questions:

- What's your opinion on The Nomad compared to a rare belt or The Retch? The DPS increase from it seems to be rather substantial (20/12% with mediocre/good gear) and the resistances are decent as well, but I'm not sure if that's worth losing around 400 life.

On one hand it gives you damage (provided you do have 200 dex), on the other the implicit is useless and it has no life. Personally I wouldn't use it.

"
obliviousBC wrote:

- Is there some trick to prevent/reduce rubberbanding with Whirling Blades? I think I've died to more than 5 Bearer packs due to this so far. It mostly seems to happen with very narrow map layouts and I'm pretty sure that it has something to do with the skill, not my connection (first time using it in a build, never had this problem with Shield Charge).

If there is I'd like to know about it too. I call it whirling blade oscillations :P
I use the skill as often as I can. It is the best movement skill but has 2 disadvantages. The first is that is doesn't cross gaps so you need leap slam/flame dash/charged dash. The second is what you mention. My connection is stable but I have a ping of at least 80ms (usually 100) so I believe this is the reason for it. If you're seeing it with lower ping times then maybe it's some bug in the skill itself.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide

Last edited by Aias_o_Telamonios on Mar 25, 2018, 6:32:24 AM
Whats better, this belt
or a rustic sash with high life and 100+ resists?
would volley be better for leveling until GMP ?

thanks in advance

great guide incidentally , thank you so much
"
Xeiad wrote:
Whats better, this belt
or a rustic sash with high life and 100+ resists?

Amazing !
The answer is in the post right above yours but you didn't even bother to read that.

"
EvilSean wrote:
would volley be better for leveling until GMP ?

thanks in advance

great guide incidentally , thank you so much

It seems that it would work although I've never used it myself so I can't really comment on it. LMP is level 8 though and that one is guaranteed to work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info