[3.10] From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide

Thanks for making such a fun build! Leveling was a pain, up until I got the Ornament of the East claws. Those totally redeemed the process. The only difficult part was dying to Innocence about 5 times. Everything else has generally been walk in the park.

My problem is the Blood Rage gem. When I add it to my CWDT setup, I die - a lot & very quickly. Am I doing something wrong? Right now I've got it in my alternate weapon setup just to level it, but am afraid to swap it back in to the CWDT rotation (Slower Projectiles is in it's place to level up and for easy access pre-boss battle).

I'm currently level 61, with 3,065 life, and resistances capped at 75% each (except for Chaos). I breezed through the Cruel lab, am working my way through the acts, and my gear is:

I know that I need to change my flask lineup, but am afraid to if I re-enable Blood Rage. Any suggestions for preventing death from Blood Rage? I do not have Vaal Pact in my tree, the no life leach parameter wasn't helping so I refunded that point.

Another situation, if I have Hatred and Herald of Ash active (reserving 347 of my 462 mana pool), I run out of mana after four ST throws. What can I do different? Should I remove maim or increased critical damage for now?

Lastly, huge shout out for introducing me to Charged Dash. I am having so much fun using it as my main form of combat against basic mobs. It decimates all who get in my way. I just zip through them like a buzz saw leaving death and destruction in my wake. Thanks for including such an awesome skill!

Thanks again for such a great build, I'm having a blast with it.
"
Nike4000 wrote:
Thanks for making such a fun build! Leveling was a pain, up until I got the Ornament of the East claws. Those totally redeemed the process. The only difficult part was dying to Innocence about 5 times. Everything else has generally been walk in the park.

My problem is the Blood Rage gem. When I add it to my CWDT setup, I die - a lot & very quickly. Am I doing something wrong? Right now I've got it in my alternate weapon setup just to level it, but am afraid to swap it back in to the CWDT rotation (Slower Projectiles is in it's place to level up and for easy access pre-boss battle).

I'm currently level 61, with 3,065 life, and resistances capped at 75% each (except for Chaos). I breezed through the Cruel lab, am working my way through the acts, and my gear is:

I know that I need to change my flask lineup, but am afraid to if I re-enable Blood Rage. Any suggestions for preventing death from Blood Rage? I do not have Vaal Pact in my tree, the no life leach parameter wasn't helping so I refunded that point.

No regen you mean. Well we don't regen very much so that loss is minimal.
Regarding blood rage, it's not necessary to use it at such a low level. It's a damage booster that you can enable whenever you fell it's working for you. You need to do a decent amount of damage for your leech to heal you and keep your health at maximum even with blood rage. Otherwise you're not using damage on full life which is important. Don't worry more damage will come with gem levels and better gear.

"
Nike4000 wrote:

Another situation, if I have Hatred and Herald of Ash active (reserving 347 of my 462 mana pool), I run out of mana after four ST throws. What can I do different? Should I remove maim or increased critical damage for now?

Well you need to hit stuff :P
Don't remove gems. You can turn off HoA, that'll help. Also you can buy a lvl3 enlighten (about 30c). The one you have currently isn't doing anything. Also some mana gain on hit on your gear might help temporarily.

"
Nike4000 wrote:

Lastly, huge shout out for introducing me to Charged Dash. I am having so much fun using it as my main form of combat against basic mobs. It decimates all who get in my way. I just zip through them like a buzz saw leaving death and destruction in my wake. Thanks for including such an awesome skill!

Thanks again for such a great build, I'm having a blast with it.

LOL. You must be the only one using that skill to actually do damage. GGG is reworking it because noone is using it as intended.
Glad you're enjoying the build.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Thanks for the great feedback, I'll definitely keep trying to incorporate Blood Rage back in my CWDT setup. Maybe as I level up it will get better - or the tree and my gear will offset the problems I've encountered.

"
Don't remove gems. You can turn off HoA, that'll help. Also you can buy a lvl3 enlighten (about 30c). The one you have currently isn't doing anything. Also some mana gain on hit on your gear might help temporarily.

I'm running without HoA for now, would love to have that back in the lineup for the additional damage, but will see how things evolve.

Not sure where you're seeing a Level 3 Enlighten for 30 chaos, POE Trade has it listed for around 75 chaos or an Exalt or two (unless you are okay with corrupted gems). I'll have to stick with what I have for now until prices drop. Or, if someone has an uncorrupted level 3 Enlighten gem with a quality of 20 that they want to sell for 30 chaos, hit me up in game & I'll buy it from you! Char is Beasty_Slayer

"
LOL. You must be the only one using that skill to actually do damage. GGG is reworking it because noone is using it as intended.

People are missing out on Charged Dash. I'm not saying I would use it as the focus of my build, but for trash mobs it's fun to just slice right through them. I doubt I'll ever use it with another build, it's just one more cool aspect to this build.
Last edited by Nike4000 on Mar 30, 2018, 3:13:17 PM
Okay, I'm an idiot - I found an Enlightened for 30 chaos & have plugged it in. Yes it's corrupted, but oh well, it was only 30 Chaos! Definitely helped my mana reservation percentages! Thanks for the tip!
How important is accuracy in this build? I'm currently at 89% hit chance with wasps but plan on upping to The Scourge weapons but i'd lose around 350 accuracy rating.
"
Nike4000 wrote:
Okay, I'm an idiot - I found an Enlightened for 30 chaos & have plugged it in. Yes it's corrupted, but oh well, it was only 30 Chaos! Definitely helped my mana reservation percentages! Thanks for the tip!

Why do you have a problem with the gem being corrupted ? That only means that you can't corrupt it yourself and possibly get a very expensive lvl.4 or brick it to level 2. Also quality plays no role if it's already level 3.
I think you don't understand how enlighten works. It's kind of special, check the wiki.

"
Gnowai wrote:
How important is accuracy in this build? I'm currently at 89% hit chance with wasps but plan on upping to The Scourge weapons but i'd lose around 350 accuracy rating.

Accuracy is important in all attack builds. 89 is borderline, you should aim for more than 90%. I'm at 90% and I consider this to be low. You should get some accuracy on your gear.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
"
I think you don't understand how enlighten works. It's kind of special, check the wiki.

First to admit I don't understand how Enlighten works, checking out the Wiki on it next. I can't say that I've ever used it before.

I've always avoided corrupted gems previously because I wanted to be in control of how they are handled. If I decide to roll it back for some reason, I'm out of luck. Perhaps with Enlighten, which I admittedly know nothing about, it is irrelevant.

Always something new to learn about in PoE there is!
New player first league. really enjoying the build - just started mapping this weekend and am up to lvl 12 with no issues.

I have a question on the choice of helm, I am struggling to find a high life, +ST helm I can afford and have noticed there are quiet a few Starkonja's Head Silken Hood with the ST dmg enchant on them.

Would this be a viable option or is the 50% dmg reduction on low health going to be an issue? I would have to manage my resi but could probably do so on other gear.

--edit - sorry just read the edit to the original post that says this is a viable alternative, will pay closer attention in the future :)
Last edited by towndrunk on Apr 1, 2018, 4:41:57 PM
"
towndrunk wrote:
New player first league. really enjoying the build - just started mapping this weekend and am up to lvl 12 with no issues.

I have a question on the choice of helm, I am struggling to find a high life, +ST helm I can afford and have noticed there are quiet a few Starkonja's Head Silken Hood with the ST dmg enchant on them.

Would this be a viable option or is the 50% dmg reduction on low health going to be an issue? I would have to manage my resi but could probably do so on other gear.

--edit - sorry just read the edit to the original post that says this is a viable alternative, will pay closer attention in the future :)

Can also recommend a bone helmet as a good budget option as long as you have the scourge terror claws the 40% increased minion damage works for us and you can find them with alot of health and strength so you dont have to worry about that stat for a while.

This one cost me 10c
Have you done any attempts on Uber Elder? I'm curious as to your thoughts. I just managed to kill the Shaper (first char to get to the Shaper, kudos on build), and now I'm facing Uber Elder, or at least, he's popped in the center of my map. I'm taking advantage of the elder area to farm for now, and leaving up the guardians to help that until I decide I have a chance to beat Uber Elder. Shaper seemed to be everything I could handle, I'm really not feeling like facing him and the Elder at the same time would be a fun time. What has been your experience?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info