To those who play Warframe

Good to know about Polymer Bundles. The biggest resource problem I've had, have been Neural Sensors and Neurodes... and recently, Oxium is higher and higher on the "neeeeeed more" for research in dojo. I hear there's a farm for Oxium on a later planet.

Gathering Forma to solo-build my dojo has been an annoying issue... I mean, 1 per room, and they only drop from relics as far as I know. I haven't been able to use a single forma on my gear yet - not that I have gear I'd use it on for "permanent use" (aside from maybe the Hek, but that's only because of how weak it is compared to all my melee weapons), but it's not even an option for me.

I haven't touched the syndicates, because I despise the hunter/stalker guy that comes after me even now... at least until I can kill him, I'm not going to invite enemy kill squads after me for no good reason. (the stuff you get from Syndicates doesn't seem all that crucial to a new player)

So for now, just opening up the starchart... trying to reach the point where you open the focus skill trees so I can get some energy regen going on. I hate needing those blue orbs for all my energy regen, or the Energy Siphon aura mod... and then certain frames just lose their CC or other features that SHOULD be offsetting how squishy they are.

Neural Sensors, Neurodes and Oxium are certainly a constant too. The former two can be stockpiled pretty decently if ever you run into a Resource Booster; for Neural Sensors for example, run a mission with decent map size (so, not-Defence :P ) on Jupiter, and use something with good AoE to clear all the containers, open ~all the lockers. I like to use Ignis for this purpose, flamethrowers are good at removing containers, lol; whip slides with Reach/PReach are great too. Some form of Loot Radar is great - I personally always have Animal Instinct on my companion, but adding another layer can more easily reveal some super secret loot rooms. It takes a bit to go through each room this way, but it can get you 10+ Neural Sensors from the one run.

At some point I sat down and grinded just over 60 Neural Sensors on Alad V Assassination this way. Kept me going pretty well, haha.

(Zenurik is life)
(legitimately the biggest factor against starting over for me, lol)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 22, 2018, 9:21:26 AM
Been playing with newBeams (or rather, veryoldBeams) a bit. The MR requirements are, uh.. fair. Quick 3m demonstration; watch me get confused by corpses, lol. Not a high-level mission or anything, but the mod setup is not super hot either.
(the 'frame choice is clearly entirely random)

The MR6 Flux Rifle is quite legit these days, too. Not an AoE beast like the Amprex, but the Flux Rifle's Slash procs add up quickly to tear down single targets; its exclusive mod alone makes the proc rate notable, fleshing it out with Elec/Tox status mods is probably the final goal. A nice entry-level beam that doesn't just drop off like a brick, haha.

edit: btw, if anyone has something they wanna see, a frame, weapon, mission, whatevs, gimme a shout and I'll see what I can do. Don't have everything, but a lot. :p
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 22, 2018, 11:42:34 AM
My method of running missions has left me little need to "farm" or grind for materials (until these most recent weapon requirements), since I generally leave no stone unturned, unless there is an objective that forces me to rush through the mission. I also hit every alert I have unlocked, with more than credits, when I'm online. (I have 21 alertium/nitain extract, and barely any use for it yet) I've found at least 5 Ayatan statues in normal missions, not the weekly one.

Even Argon crystal isn't too bad since I haven't seen any recipes that need more than 3 so far, and I generally get 2 per run in most void missions I've run (RNG in my favor I guess).

-----
Thought I'd put this out there:

Evaluation of frames so far:
* Excalibur is OK - much better than Mag for a starter frame (haven't played Volt yet), Excalibur is especially good for relay stations, but the mere fact that I'll never have the prime version of him... just makes me not want to play with him at all for some reason...
* I wouldn't have had fun starting with Mag - who plays like a paper Rhino for me (maybe she's a lot better on Corpus missions - I didn't play around with her 2/3 abilities much due to lack of energy on a consistent basis)
* Oberon (for life restoration and smiting those grineer/Sontaran toxic rocket guys from a distance)
* Rhino (for near invincibility and stomp fun - hope to get prime)
* Frost (for mobile/defense missions, gives plenty of time to go hunt down enemies and rush back to kill the few that enter the globe before they can attack more than twice)

I've built Vauban, but haven't retrieved him. (I have 2 frame slots left)
I haven't started the Limbo quest yet.
I have started Gara's, but the plains are very ... time consuming?
I have Valkyr Prime's and Mirage Prime's blueprints, but nothing else for them.
I've begun researching Banshee in the Tenno Lab.
I want to research Wukong (but need a lot more resources)
In all my spy missions so far, I haven't gotten a single Ivara piece.
I want Titania for her Razorwing flight perks.
I want Loki for stealth.
I want Inaros, but no ducats yet. (I love anything with an egyptian theme - like Stargate!)

Weaponry:
I love the Orthos - its quick-attack pattern makes me a walking blender that hits the Corpus shield drones as well as infested crawlers with no jumping or waiting for the right attack animation to target them specifically. Its slam attack is a huge area, which is a fun opener for a large crowd of enemies.

I like the Glaive in dual wield mode for ragdolling everything around me and flooring them. I like how it almost always hit those Grineer shield-bearers no matter from what angle I attacked them from.

I like the Hirudo for health restoration (since I have no other means of restoring red life)

One-handed Swords, Dual Swords, Daggers & Dual Daggers have all been fast weapons, and effective, but required special jumping and stuff to hit airborne enemies, so they ended up feeling less fun to play, because jump attacks are horrible for targetting, at least for me.

The heavy hammer Fragor was a pain to use, regardless of how strong it was. Too easy to get overwhelmed by hordes with it when it wasn't strong enough for one-shot kills, even with the skin that increased attack speed, and the Fury mod.

The whip might be good (Atterax) with better mods, maybe... but felt too weak when I used it (kept it for later experimentation)

I've got several more types of weaponry to test out, but I want the Orthos and Glaive Prime sets.

Just to give you an idea of how I'm playing/goals.
"
Zaludoz wrote:
I haven't started the Limbo quest yet.

The very first mission is Archwing Intercept, so I aborted and forgot it existed. I cant stand archwings, and solo intercept has to be the worst mission type in the game.

So far, this is the only thing I’ve encountered that I’ve been all auuuugggghhhhhh over. Well, that, and not being able to solo extract when pubs want to grind or treasure hunt.

Other stuff:
I don’t really get Oberon yet, but haven’t really tried either. Having too much fun with Rhino. He (Rhino) is the only frame I intentionally don’t slide on impact with, because his landing sound is pure satisfaction. Also, just got a helmet bp from alerts for him, so that’s exciting.

I’m working on my Kogake right now so I can max it before I craft it into Hirudo. I thought I’d have plenty of time to collect Nitain Extract while ranking it, but I’m at ~25/30 now and have only seen 1 alert.

Excalibur is great, but sadly I hardly use him except for relays. I know I can use weapons across multiple loadouts, but I want each frame to have a unique build—if not for variety’s sake, then also because color schemes are universal rather than being saved per loadout. He’s got my Galatine, which is super sweet, but I haven’t settled on a primary or secondary for him yet.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Feb 22, 2018, 6:09:50 PM
I grinded the first Extermination Archwing mission as much as possible just to make any subsequent Archwing experiences a little less agonising. It didn't really work.

You'll get sick of Rhino's fiery smash landing, especially in the plains. But he's unbeatable for durability. Completed my first Nightmare mission as Rhino.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
CanHasPants wrote:
Excalibur is great, but sadly I hardly use him except for relays. I know I can use weapons across multiple loadouts, but I want each frame to have a unique build—if not for variety’s sake, then also because color schemes are universal rather than being saved per loadout. He’s got my Galatine, which is super sweet, but I haven’t settled on a primary or secondary for him yet.

You can save up to three different colourings: can use 'em on at least three different 'frames ;)

As for Oberon: he's a classic Armour (and by extent Health) Warframe, with decent base Armour and built-in recovery. Steel Fiber + Renewal + Hallowed Ground (+ Hallowed Reckoning) = decent tanky! This of course costs Energy to maintain; Rage and Hunter Adrenaline can help with that.

His AoE Buff nature inherently makes him a party player though. Hallowed Ground + Reckoning gives a lot of Armour that other players also benefit from! Yay.

More than anything however, he shines in being a Plains healer imo; his recovery buff sticks around at any distance, as long as it's not turned off. Trinity is limited to Affinity Range, which is remarkably restrictive on the Plains (but zero issue elsewhere), unless you maintain Flares. Phoenix Renewal puts another layer on top of that healer-y goodness.

(he should be p. sweet with that Hirudo comin' up, really rack up the healing factor)

"
You'll get sick of Rhino's fiery smash landing, especially in the plains. But he's unbeatable for durability. Completed my first Nightmare mission as Rhino.

Oh, my sweet summer child.
His early/mid game durability is incredible though, no doubt.

-------
MR is what made Archwings more bearable for me - which is of course the worst thing because I'm talking about being MR 20+. Er. Co-op also helped a fair bunch, and we built Itzal pretty quickly; turning invisible and losing all aggro with the press of a button is great for getting your buddy back up.

tl;dr I know the feeling. >.>
"
Vipermagi wrote:

"

Oh, my sweet summer child.
His early/mid game durability is incredible though, no doubt.

-------
MR is what made Archwings more bearable for me - which is of course the worst thing because I'm talking about being MR 20+. Er. Co-op also helped a fair bunch, and we built Itzal pretty quickly; turning invisible and losing all aggro with the press of a button is great for getting your buddy back up.

tl;dr I know the feeling. >.>

re Rhino, I'm going by both my experience and the experience of a player with a lot more min/max blood flowing through his cold veins than I've ever seen, even here. An old friend who just breaks games for the shit of it. PoE was beneath him, honestly. His most played frame, by over 50%, is Rhino/Rhino Prime. So I'm figuring that durability does last beyond mid game, if you know how to work it. He's also mentioned he likes the damage buff of the roar.

That said, his MR is significantly lower than yours, which surprised me. I guess he just got enough to do what he wanted and left it there. Anything else would be, in his very Singaporean eyes, inefficient.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Perhaps it should be specified that I'm referring to "unbeatable" moreso than "durable"; did intend to emphasize the 'unbeatable', sadly I'm a moron. Ironclad Charge is real and it scales his Ironskin into the lategame just fine - but he's far from unbeatable. And, in my opinion his lategame power lies moreso in Stomp/Roar than Ironskin, I gladly give up durability for that, but that is entirely a matter of taste :>

The definition of "durable" varies wildly by what you do, as well. Sub-60m Survival, and Sorties? There's so many ways to make that trivial, the difference between various extremely durable frames is not measurable because the limits are not reached. However, when you're looking extremely long-lasting farms (2hrs and the likes), it's frames such as Nyx that are "the most tanky" - because being shot means being dead, CC is the ultimate king of "tanking". Ironclad Charge armour simply can not keep up with that Damage, and while Rhino's CC is very powerful, it does not compare to true CC-based frames.

So it's kind of a "what does 'viable' truly mean" situation as to whether his lategame durability is real or not. Personally, I don't really consider the 2hr Survival mission shenanigans, so Rhino is undeniably durable at any point - but being unbeatable therein is only true for quite early gameplay. My comment was mostly a little jab :)

Fun sidenote: Rhino is still my most-used Frame, at 10.3%, with Loki Prime at 9.4%. If we're adding Prime/non-Prime together, it's Loki at 18.1% and Rhino at 12.5%. Rhino comes from the early days.

However, Loki's usage is extremely biased by Affinity and Focus farming: Focus farming used to be stealth runs with Loki (or Ash/Ivara), and I farm Affinity with Loki by running Spy missions on Oceanum. This is expressed most cleanly in Experience logged: 5.6mil for Rhino, 22mil for Trinity Prime (<3), 74mil for Loki Prime. Probably half of his usage is Exp farming.
Both became notably less prevalent with changes over the years, however: Stealth rules changed for the negative (enemies SEE CORPSES? BULLSHIT), new farming techniques, and rank zero weapons now start with Mod Cap equal to MR. Jammed a Forma into Amprex, but I just leveled it by murdering stuff, Invasions and the Razorback Armada mostly.

(I just wanna talk about Warframe)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 22, 2018, 8:58:28 PM
The only Archwing mission type that really bugs me is "Rush"...
In a strangely contrary twist, compared to normal gameplay, Archwing Interception missions are actually solo'able, very easily, since you can B-line to each location (stopping on that target is another matter...)

If there were better control overall, it wouldn't be so bad. (It is definitely a "mini-game" within Warframe, and needs a lot of polish if they're going to keep adding more to the game.)

(PS: I'm playing through the Second Dream quest line now... focus soon, but must sleep... stupid sleep... and must work, stupid work...)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info