[On Hold] Kinetic Blast Deadeye [Magic Find Speed Mapper]

Ok, so I don't know if this has been asked before, but you use enfeeble and assassins mark together. But I don't see any source for double curse on enemies. Did I miss something ?
"
CyANt1FiC wrote:
You're doing something wrong then. I've got no abyss jewels, bisco's leash, sadima's, goldwyrm and 3.4k life and this thing is doing exactly what it said on the tin: teabagging low tier maps. I've got no thief's torment.

I've only done up to tier 3 maps so far, but the right maps go in 2 mins and the money just comes in.

First time trying a wander, not sure if I like the lack of atlas progression, but hey after a week of this I'll be able to afford whatever to push map tiers.

You must not roll your maps.
What kind of unconstructive answer is that?

I alch and go, what special treatment do you give your low tier maps?
Great looking guide. Just reached A4 and wanted to point out a couple inconsistencies that stood out to me:

1) Upon reaching the 2nd leveling skill tree, you state to switch to Kinetic Blast but will likely not have enough Int to use it until actually making it all the way through that leveling tree (all the Int up top).

2) You clearly state to use Barrage for leveling but I suspect you mean to use it only for bosses.

Questions:

Are there any wand leveling options other than dual Storm Prison? Damage seems weak in full leveling gear.
Last edited by rAx on May 10, 2018, 4:09:21 PM
Im wondering who to make my second character in flashback league. I found windripper, bisco amulet and Piscator's Vigil. But im unsure if I should go wander or windripper. Any suggestion which might be better?
"
roflzomg wrote:
Im wondering who to make my second character in flashback league. I found windripper, bisco amulet and Piscator's Vigil. But im unsure if I should go wander or windripper. Any suggestion which might be better?

Windripper is not just better, it's head and shoulders above being a wander in terms of basically any possible comparison. Even a dual 4-link windripper and 4-link QOTF will be significantly better than a wander build with a 5-link QOTF. Mostly because of how much better Lightning Arrow / Tornado Shot / Barrage are in bow setup's.

That's not to say this build isn't awesome, because it is. It's great bang for the buck & I used it this season. But a Windripper equivalent gives you more Magic Find and the ability to do maps like 9 tiers higher & do them faster. You could even go a Windripper via Pathfinder and it would still be noticeably better than a Wander & have permanent flask's up on top of that, too.
Last edited by Adambjjoz on May 10, 2018, 8:56:22 PM
i would like to thank you for the build. i used it this league and it works great. i did switch it up a little for more life, and used barrage, but your guide was the main foundation of the build :)
Very fun build so far!
"
Ok, so I don't know if this has been asked before, but you use enfeeble and assassins mark together. But I don't see any source for double curse on enemies. Did I miss something ?
I use single curse but assassins mark is just for speeding through the map. at the point you get hit by anything enfeeble usually does the trick defensively. You can also opt for Poachers Mark or Temp Chains or Ele Weakness or whatever your favorite curse at the moment is. Try out a few setups and see which one suits your playstyle the most!

"
Great looking guide. Just reached A4 and wanted to point out a couple inconsistencies that stood out to me:

1) Upon reaching the 2nd leveling skill tree, you state to switch to Kinetic Blast but will likely not have enough Int to use it until actually making it all the way through that leveling tree (all the Int up top).

2) You clearly state to use Barrage for leveling but I suspect you mean to use it only for bosses.

Questions:

Are there any wand leveling options other than dual Storm Prison? Damage seems weak in full leveling gear.
1) There are a couple nodes for int (Primal Spirit, Coldhearted Calc, and Trickery) which are enough for me in terms of keeping KB on par with my level. If you need to pick up int early (can't get a wurms molt, or an int enchant) consider staying bows for as long as you have to!

2) I tried to make it clear in the leveling section by having Mainskill1 and Mainskill2. Meaning you need to have two skills on your bar one as your clearing skill and barrage as you guessed is your single target skill.

I literally use dual wielded Storm Prison or Storm Prison + Lycoside until blood aqueduct and then switch into piscators after farming there for a bit.

"
Windripper is not just better, it's head and shoulders above being a wander in terms of basically any possible comparison. Even a dual 4-link windripper and 4-link QOTF will be significantly better than a wander build with a 5-link QOTF. Mostly because of how much better Lightning Arrow / Tornado Shot / Barrage are in bow setup's.

That's not to say this build isn't awesome, because it is. It's great bang for the buck & I used it this season. But a Windripper equivalent gives you more Magic Find and the ability to do maps like 9 tiers higher & do them faster. You could even go a Windripper via Pathfinder and it would still be noticeably better than a Wander & have permanent flask's up on top of that, too.
Windripper TS with helm enchant and rigwalds is probably the tier 1 map clearer at the moment and I have to add a bunch of qualifiers to make wanders competitive.

I disagree with head and shoulders above. I do think that windripper is overall better in terms of map flexibility and higher ceiling of quant. I would argue that wanders are cheaper to get off the ground and can do better in indoor maps. And if one is better... then it's close, not heads and shoulders. I also don't know how you can do maps that are 9 tiers higher than T14s/T15s/T16s that my wanders do every single league. That being said if you aren't a fan of KB then to each their own! The beauty of PoE is that people can find abilities that they love and run them with great effect. My favorite ability in PoE is KB so I'll continue to fight the good fight for wanders!

"
i would like to thank you for the build. i used it this league and it works great. i did switch it up a little for more life, and used barrage, but your guide was the main foundation of the build :)
I LOVE it when people take a guide (which is just a guideline) and make the build their own. Very nice gear with the ele weakness corrupted Thunderfists. I do mention both that and Atziri's Step in the In Depth gearing section of the guide so I'm glad someone is reading that part! One thing that is potentially dangerous with your setup is that you shock yourself with Vinktars and don't have ailment immunity from being a pathfinder or raider so you may want to roll a shock removal diamond or something (I like the synergy of tapping all my damage flasks to do damage and then all my defensive/movespeed flasks when moving around).

"
Very fun build so far!
Glad you're enjoying it!
Last edited by thi3n on May 11, 2018, 12:26:40 PM
"
"
I LOVE it when people take a guide (which is just a guideline) and make the build their own. Very nice gear with the ele weakness corrupted Thunderfists. I do mention both that and Atziri's Step in the In Depth gearing section of the guide so I'm glad someone is reading that part! One thing that is potentially dangerous with your setup is that you shock yourself with Vinktars and don't have ailment immunity from being a pathfinder or raider so you may want to roll a shock removal diamond or something (I like the synergy of tapping all my damage flasks to do damage and then all my defensive/movespeed flasks when moving around).

i use this build for 6 man party runs with aurabots, but i get your concern about the shocking because it happened multiple times to me when leveling. i actually never used it on solo because i would end up being an electrocuted wet noodle lol. i love the atziri's step, esp with queen for that nice movement speed increase. needless to say it is a great build for party mf <3
Last edited by dunwich_horror on May 11, 2018, 4:28:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info