Map Tab

"
Mythkiller wrote:

Small nitpick: Your current map arc tab will store shaped maps too.

Genuine question, no sarcasm. Why would you hoard previous gen maps? Is it a collector thing? Asking because the second a new map gen comes out, I simply empty my tabs and vendor all old gen maps.

Now, personally, i barely play standard. Your entire complaint doesn't exist in league where only one arc is ever relevant. I would imagine that when designing this tab the user in mind was league players, not standard players sitting with 4-5 gens of maps. Just to cater to the majority. So, yea I completely get what you're saying and yea from your pov, its a ripoff. But as you said, GGG will issue you a refund and you're back to the old way of doing things. It sucks that the solution they went with doesn't cater to your situation personally, but there were always going to be people unhappy with the implementation, no matter what it was.

I personally am happy with the 15$ I spent. Even though I am not doing the shaped map meta this time (yet. May switch later) I am hitting 20-30 copies of the higher level maps now and def appreciate the ease of having them in 1 tab. I am very unhappy with the lack of a search function and the complete lack of integration with the atlas but am hopeful they'll fix that at some point without it costing me anything more.

~Myth

Thank you for your input, I had not considered applying that to temp-league players. One tab is likely all they would need. And yes, I like to hoard old maps simply because they aren't in the game any longer, and sometimes I prefer the older ones. It's honestly pretty silly, in light of the trouble that causes me.

One further thought... As a person who has played this game for going on 5 years, I can tell you that GGG's policy of only selling cosmetic micros does not apply here. It is virtually impossible to play this game for longer than 1 temp league at a time, without at LEAST purchasing more stash tabs. Since their decisions to revamp the map system have resulted in HUNDREDS of unique map items, to me it's in their best interest to keep players happy by supplying them with a way to keep ALL of their maps organized, without people drifting into insolvency. Since that doesn't seem to be the case, I'm probably going to either run or trash all of my old maps, just to get rid of them. If anybody wants any of them, reach out to me.
Last edited by Obright on Jan 13, 2018, 8:49:21 AM
"
Obright wrote:

You're probably referring to the fact that you can have 72 maps of one TYPE, in a slot. If you just like to spam one map type then I guess that is important to you. However, that is NOT important to me, since I rarely have more than 3 of any map type. If I like to run them I might have 6-7. I don't need to spend 15 dollars for that.

Here is MY basic math, for your consideration:

$15 for maps stash tab #1, for my first-gen maps.
$15 for maps stash tab #2, for the next map arc
$15 for maps stash tab #3, for the third map arc
$15 for maps stash tab #4, for the current map arc
$15 for maps stash tab #5, for shaped maps
GOD ONLY KNOWS how much more for the fragments stash tab.

That's potentially $90-$100 or more, just to store your maps, and that will NOT include the next arc of maps. Not to mention, once you use those old maps, you can't replace them without trading for them, and even then the supply is limited. Eventually you will run out, and be left with COMPLETELY USELESS stash tabs that you paid $15 apiece for.

= ripoff.

There is little reason to have a map stash tab for old generations of maps. I mean, I do have two map tabs but one is rarely ever going to acquire new additional maps. Trading or vendoring 3:1 is the only way. So the older generation maps can sit fine in either old regular stash tabs or in old map stash tabs.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Jan 13, 2018, 2:05:32 PM
Bump
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Obright wrote:

You're probably referring to the fact that you can have 72 maps of one TYPE, in a slot. If you just like to spam one map type then I guess that is important to you. However, that is NOT important to me, since I rarely have more than 3 of any map type. If I like to run them I might have 6-7. I don't need to spend 15 dollars for that.

Here is MY basic math, for your consideration:

$15 for maps stash tab #1, for my first-gen maps.
$15 for maps stash tab #2, for the next map arc
$15 for maps stash tab #3, for the third map arc
$15 for maps stash tab #4, for the current map arc
$15 for maps stash tab #5, for shaped maps
GOD ONLY KNOWS how much more for the fragments stash tab.

That's potentially $90-$100 or more, just to store your maps, and that will NOT include the next arc of maps. Not to mention, once you use those old maps, you can't replace them without trading for them, and even then the supply is limited. Eventually you will run out, and be left with COMPLETELY USELESS stash tabs that you paid $15 apiece for.

= ripoff.

There is little reason to have a map stash tab for old generations of maps. I mean, I do have two map tabs but one is rarely ever going to acquire new additional maps. Trading or vendoring 3:1 is the only way. So the older generation maps can sit fine in either old regular stash tabs or in old map stash tabs.

Or you could run those older generation maps to actually have a map pool that comfortably allows you to start the "War for the Atlas" and have the best chances at following Shaper/Elder and also progressing around...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info