Stories from Development: The Map System

Let us comine Fire and ice footprints, chars effect ,weapon effects.

PLESAE

[Removed by Support]
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
Last edited by Blank_GGG on Jan 12, 2018, 12:05:52 PM
Very interesting reading.

Do you think someday it would be possible to have a truly generic, random map system ?

For example, instead of finding a Level 8 Courtyard map, you just find a Level 8 map. This map can have completely random tileset(s), monsters, one or even several bosses, and then you apply the usual modifiers of the map. That would bring a huge diversity to the maps at any tier level.
I would actually like to try that old beta poe and maelstorm of chaos "map" system

just watched few clips on youtube how it was back than how ppl level 66 farmed level 55 zone and it take time to kill white monsters

intresting to try it ;)
Last edited by nebilica on Jan 12, 2018, 12:57:37 PM
Great read :) I always thought the map system was inspired by Torchlight 1 (2009).

This gives a nice insight in the background. So what about 2012-2018? And are the current map drop rates according to the resulting strategy? There seems to be alot of difference between the leagues regarding those, while a solid vision could deliver a red line regarding to how it is intended currently.

Cheers

Did you try turning it off and on again?
maintening red map is very difficult this league they need to fix that
xD
Make all maps linear please! Will be best change!
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
Maps were definitely better than farming Fellshrine over and over..
So... Will we have good incentives for completing the atlas and running different maps to daisy-chaining one shaped/sextant-blocked map ad nauseam?
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
This was extremely interesting to me. Thank you ~( ‾▿‾ )~

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info