[3.1] Poet's Pen / Volatile Dead | 3.5m+Shaper DPS

"
bluefluid wrote:
Tried it, it was very fun, but dps was mediocre, map clear speed is slow and defenses are non existent. As soon as something gets in your face, you are dead. Past tier 11 simply not reliable.
It felt great killing all other players in Sarn arena though! :-)

You were doing something wrong if it felt slow or bad for map clear. Damage is also super high. 5500+ life and life pots you have like 9k ehp if you kill stuff fast enough nothing should ever kill you.
"
Kross0m wrote:
Which pantheon God (minor and major) do you recomend?

Minor God doesn't really matter Major god I would recommend brine king.
"
micsender wrote:
hi im using this build right now im level 56 at a moment i have a light poachers helm but i can't generate spirit charges im on standard can some help me with this helm please

Make sure you have abyssal jewels socketed so you can generate the charges to allow lightpoacher to proc

With these items, and following the tree. I'm now at 3,98 Base attack speed in hideout. Will i get the bug if i go over 3,97? I'm even missing one of the 4% AS nodes because i don't know if i should take it or keep 2 of em only.

Halp :)
"
Mahjiza wrote:

With these items, and following the tree. I'm now at 3,98 Base attack speed in hideout. Will i get the bug if i go over 3,97? I'm even missing one of the 4% AS nodes because i don't know if i should take it or keep 2 of em only.

Halp :)

I heard that the bug occurs as long as it's over 3.82 or 84 so best to keep it under till GGG fixes it and also remember to take frenzy charge into account if you haven't

Edit: Found this on another thread

IMPORTANT: currently there's a bug/problem that prevents correct rotation of spell if you get too close to 4aps, hopefully this should get fixed "soon". In the meantime try to stay below 3.82 attacks per second, play around with passives, items and jewels to achieve it. It seems to be related to your latency too, so it might be slightly different for you.
With my testing, starting from 3.99 to 3.86 the bug always happens (it gets more and more rare the further away from 4aps you are). I tested at 3.99 3.97 3.96 3.92 3.87 3.86aps; with precisely 3.82aps everything seems to go as intended.
Last edited by ArkanePanda on Jan 13, 2018, 10:08:01 AM
"
I heard that the bug occurs as long as it's over 3.82 or 84 so best to keep it under till GGG fixes it and also remember to take frenzy charge into account if you haven't

IMPORTANT: currently there's a bug/problem that prevents correct rotation of spell if you get too close to 4aps, hopefully this should get fixed "soon". In the meantime try to stay below 3.82 attacks per second, play around with passives, items and jewels to achieve it. It seems to be related to your latency too, so it might be slightly different for you.
With my testing, starting from 3.99 to 3.86 the bug always happens (it gets more and more rare the further away from 4aps you are). I tested at 3.99 3.97 3.96 3.92 3.87 3.86aps; with precisely 3.82aps everything seems to go as intended.

Any easy way to calculate with frenzy charges up? I didn't account for them :/

"
Mahjiza wrote:
"

You could import your character into PoB and tick frenzy charges and check there or just have your character screen up with frenzy selected and go to blood aqueduct or something and get your charges up and check your APS
"
ArkanePanda wrote:
"
Mahjiza wrote:
"

You could import your character into PoB and tick frenzy charges and check there or just have your character screen up with frenzy selected and go to blood aqueduct or something and get your charges up and check your APS

I'm at 4.72 APS with 3 frenzy charges
And at 3.83 APS without frenzy charges (since i removed the 3x4% APS nodes.

Here's by PoB link: https://pastebin.com/VAS68PTn
Last edited by Mahjiza on Jan 13, 2018, 1:31:56 PM
Compare this build to this https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2070606/page/1
Which one is better? I can't decide.
"
ytko wrote:
Compare this build to this https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2070606/page/1
Which one is better? I can't decide.

Both are good options. The main difference is budget. This build can be done for as little as 5ex and still pull 2m shaper DPS.

That build bare minimum is a shavs, decent rolled ES gear and all the other stuff like leveled enlightens, energy from within.

DPS wise That build sits at 1.7m, on like a 30ex budget not including the jewel (Clarity watcher's eye is sitting at 20ex+ and is a substantial part of your ES) Anger leach is not necessary but nice and that combo would be 60ex - 100ex.

In contrast this build is sitting at 3.5m DPS on about the same budget The EHP is less but you have actual forms of mitigation like armor to mitigate the smaller hits. Also Instant life flasks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info