[3.5] - Blade Flurry Crit Block Gladiator - All content viable

"
latterus14 wrote:
alright so Im leveling 70 with this now and I have a few questions. Why no curse set up? Where does the Gratuitous violence come in to play if we dont have chance to bleed in our set up or any nodes taken for it outside of this? Why increased crit strike gem in set up? I feel like even without that I am able to crit very often. Also, I am having a hard time seeing an increase in sheet dps over a Scaeva with 3 green sockets for improved crit multi with a rare one handed sword with higher pDPS. Should I be paying attention to sheet damage or no? Thank you for taking the time to set this guide up. It has helped me out in making my character and I am enjoying it a lot.
I personally am running a warlords mark on cWD setup atm which is providing me with my endurance charges which feels like a nice QOL over having to click a warcry during fights.

There is no great sense in the absence of curses, you can use whatever you want
Also when you use Gratuitous violence there is a sense to use chance to bleed instead of maybe added fire damage to have total of 50% bleeding chance, but lose 50k DPS, which is not that bad. But Gratuitous violence works fine without it too, it helps a lot to clear maps, so I took it. Increased critical strikes gem gives you really huge amount of DPS(like 350k on my current setup), so why shouldn't I use this? Scaeva is amazing sword, I was using it a while
Last edited by Coloruts on Jan 27, 2018, 10:02:20 AM
are you seeing that damage on tooltip in game or on PoB?
"
latterus14 wrote:
are you seeing that damage on tooltip in game or on PoB?

Ofc it's PoB. In-game tooltip shows average damage, not DPS. I have 8200 damage on tooltip without buffs/golem/etc. With Hatred, HoA, ice golem and flasks it's 24150(37130 with conc.effect)
Last edited by Coloruts on Jan 27, 2018, 3:18:23 PM
meh
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jan 30, 2018, 4:33:08 AM
Hello, I'm playing this build right now (lv 57) and it is really strong. But as for ascendancy, I'd really like to take Blood in the Eyes instead of either Versatile Combatant or Violent Retaliation. Which ascendancy should I choose if I also want Blood in the Eyes? I was thinking Versatile Combatant because block chance to spells is really strong.

Thanks in advance.
I came across this build out of curiosity and something looked nifty. I don't want to discourage or discredit you but rather guide you.

> 1.5mil NORMAL monster DPS
> 3 legacy items
> 6 stage release BF
> level 100
> Vaal Haste enabled
> Unoptimized skills( duration on Warchief? )
> 2 point jewel nodes not taken
> Unwavering stance but no Iron reflexes that only needs allocating
> 3 dex nodes to take 4 life nodes which total 22% only for 7 points.
> No curses

Realistic POB would look something like this at level 93.

Etc.

Good luck!
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
I came across this build out of curiosity and something looked nifty. I don't want to discourage or discredit you but rather guide you.

> 1.5mil NORMAL monster DPS
> 3 legacy items
> 6 stage release BF
> level 100
> Vaal Haste enabled
> Unoptimized skills( duration on Warchief? )
> 2 point jewel nodes not taken
> Unwavering stance but no Iron reflexes that only needs allocating
> 3 dex nodes to take 4 life nodes which total 22% only for 7 points.
> No curses

Realistic POB would look something like this at level 93.

Etc.

Good luck!

Thanks for your criticism. I would like to explain some points in this build.
Yes. You are right, 1.5 mil is a DPS on monsters. I don't think that Shaper DPS is like "more realistic" for me(not farming him anyway), but it's not a big problem since I still have pretty good DPS on him. Why 6 stages release? Your gameplay with BF looks like "hold BF for ~1sec to reach 6 stacks and then release, repeat", so the damage per second with this option enabled shows us correct numbers, that's my opinion. Here is my current PoB on shaper(91lvl Oak) without vaal haste(Enemies initimidated option was a mistake, since you can't do that, it's disabled on this screenshot). https://pastebin.com/dyCP8WZN

The only legacy item in this build I recommend to have is Abyssus. Flasks/Vaal haste and other buffs enabled is to show the maximum possible DPS you can reach with this build. About warchief: actually there is remark under the skill setup "UPD: This setup is absolute shiet. Better use Ancestral Warchief - Concentrated Effect - Ruthless - Melee Physical Damage". I was playing with Iron Reflexes a while, but I returned it to get 1 extra max life node, and I thought there is almost no difference, since it's only 2k extra armor and I have no evasion on my gear to convert. There is no problem to take extra jewel nodes for 2 points, sacrificing something else in the endgame if you want.
Thanks for your post again. Btw you have amazing nickname c:
Last edited by Coloruts on Feb 6, 2018, 1:18:08 PM
A lot of talk of legacy items here. Not needed at all.

My strongest character this league is a crit max block gladiator using Surrender and a 350 phys dps foil.

I'm unsure if there is a similar build write up some where. But, I'm using
to "make up" for a loss in single target dps vs using a stat stick off hand. it works gloriously. Fuck abyssus, you don't need it, let alone a legacy one.

5700hp at 87 w/ a Belly. 63/63 block /spell block before Rumi's ( and still block nodes to get, won't need Rumi's post 93 or so), 50% crit chance, 400 crit multi. Fast, smooth and safe.

Ignore WArlords Mark in the shield. I havnt decided on a optimal curse, and havnt cared to deal with it. Also I use Ice Golem which is on another character.
My cold and lightning resist is WAY over capped but it's w/e. don't really need or want to dump more currency in this guy.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Feb 6, 2018, 1:42:14 PM
"
Onzichtbaars wrote:
Hello, I'm playing this build right now (lv 57) and it is really strong. But as for ascendancy, I'd really like to take Blood in the Eyes instead of either Versatile Combatant or Violent Retaliation. Which ascendancy should I choose if I also want Blood in the Eyes? I was thinking Versatile Combatant because block chance to spells is really strong.

Thanks in advance.

It is very important to have Versatile combatant, so you can go for it and then pick Blood in the Eyes if you want. But Versatile Combatant -> Gratuitous Violence -> Violent retaliation have a slightly more DPS, doesn't really matter.
"
Coloruts wrote:
"
Onzichtbaars wrote:

Thanks in advance.

It is very important to have Versatile combatant, so you can go for it and then pick Blood in the Eyes if you want. But Versatile Combatant -> Gratuitous Violence -> Violent retaliation have a slightly more DPS, doesn't really matter.

Thanks for your answer, think I'm going with Violent Retaliation anyways.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info