[3.5] - Blade Flurry Crit Block Gladiator - All content viable

Introduction

UPD: It seems that this build works well in 3.5 too, added some vids, I'll try to keep it up to date.

Welcome to my Blade Flurry Crit Block Gladiator. This build is very tanky and have a lot of DPS.
You can uber-lab, you can Atziri, it is very easy to kill Elder and his guardians, you can kill Shaper, probably you can kill Uber-Atziri with this build, but I didn't try.

Pro's & Con's

+ Eeasy to start
+ High survivalbility
+ Easy to play
+ 2 million DPS with conc.effect(1,2 million with increased AOE), scale dmg by getting a sword with more pdps, 63% block chance(applied to spells), good crit chance

- Can't run phys reflect maps
- Less block chance is rippy mod
- With abyssus hardcore isn't viable
- Need to switch increased aoe gem with concentrated effect on bosses

Your playstyle with this build
"

Spoiler

1. Use Blood Rage
2. Use shield charge/whirling blades/another movement skill to get into position
3. Hold Blade Flurry till you reach 6 stacks or a mob pack is cleared and release
4. Dodge enemy attacks with movement skill
5. Drop totem on huge packs of monsters/bosses/etc
6. Ice golem
7. Use Vaal Haste as needed

Passive Tree
"

Spoiler

On the final passive tree there are 2 additional jewel nodes you can take for 2 points each, if you want.
Bandit: Alira or Oak/kill all for 2 additional passive points
LVL91 tree: http://poeurl.com/bLlL
LVL100 tree: http://poeurl.com/bJmr
Pastebin PoB: https://pastebin.com/5NCeuU5Q
Ascendancy: Painforged -> Versatile Combatant -> Blood In The Eyes -> Gratuitous Violence(Better for clearing cuz of the mob explosions) or Violent Retaliation(gives you +2 block chance and a bit more damage)

Leveling
"

Spoiler
While leveling you can use any skill you want, I was playing with Cleave.

Preffered gear while leveling:
Body armour: Tabula Rasa, if you have Wall of Brambles 5-6link use it instead
Helmet: Goldrim, once you get aurumvoraxes, swap it with Fairgraves' Tricorne, then swap it back with Goldrim once you get Chitus' Needles(30lvl)
Boots: Wanderlust(or if you can afford seven-league step)
Belt: Meginord's Girdle
Weapon: The Screaming Eagles -> 2 Aurumvoraxes -> 2 Chitus' Needles -> 2 Gryphons -> 2 Daresso's Passions -> Scaeva
Gloves: Lochtonial Caress, then try something like Giantsbane, then Meginord's Vise
Rings: 2 Blackhearts, then upgrade into 2 Bloodboils or 2 Le heup of all
Amulet: Karui Ward -> Ignomon -> Astramentis(optional) or something like Carnage Heart(not legacy)

Ofc you can level with whatever you want.

Pantheon
"

Major

Soul of Lunaris
Mainly I use this, it is pretty good for mapping, but it's kinda useless, since you can't evade attacks if you picked up Unwavering stance on passive tree. I use this only cuz of damage reduction.

Soul of Solaris
Great for bosses, you can also capture some souls for this, should be fine.

Minor

Soul of Ralakesh
Try to get Drek's soul, it will grant you awesome additional bonuses.

Gems
"

OLD one 1,5mil DPS, don't recommend to use it now
"
6 Link - Blade Flurry setup

Use Conc. Effect instead of increased AOE on bosses

2,3 mil DPS setup(didn't tested): BF -> Conc. Effect. -> Melee Phys. DMG -> Bloodlust -> Maim -> Damage on full life. If you'd like to try this, link chance to bleed to your warchief setup and use it to cause enemies bleeding(something like Warchief -> Conc. effect -> Melee Phys. DMG -> Chance to bleed)

"
4 Link - Shield charge setup

You can use either Shield Charge or Whirling Blades, currently I'm playing with the second one.

"
4 Link - Ancestral Warchief setup

UPD: This setup is absolute shiet. Better use Ancestral Warchief - Concentrated Effect - Ruthless - Melee Physical Damage Or Ancestral Warchief - Concentrated Effect - Culling Strike - Melee Physical Damage(which is pretty cool for bosses, totem kill a boss with 10% hp immediately)

"
4 Link - Buffs - Blood Rage, Vaal Haste, Enduring Cry

"
3 Link - Counter-attacks and Ice golem(Reckoning LVL 30 in The Surrender shield)

"
3 Link - Auras

Note: Try to get 20%+ quality Hatred gem for additional AOE.

"

Currently I'm playing with 1) Blasphemy -> Enlighten -> Assasin's Mark -> Hatred
2) CWDT -> Summon ice golem -> Tempest shield
Assasin's Mark is better than HoA i think, it's like 1,9mil dps in pob using it
Will rework this section soon.

Current setup 1.9mil DPS
"
6 Link - Blade Flurry setup

5 Link - Blade Flurry setup

Use Conc. Effect instead of increased AOE on bosses

Also, you can try using BF - Melee Phys. - Conc. Effect - Damage on Full life - Maim(or Increased Critical strikes, but it seems Maim has more damage impact) - Bloodlust(Core feature of this setup).
Bloodlust is a gem, that increases your damage with bleeding for huge numbers, but prevents you to inflict enemies with bleeding with Blade flurry attacks. The point is to link your Warchief totem with Chance to bleed, just place totem near boss and it will inflict boss with bleeding and enjoy your damage buff. The final setup for Warchief is gonna be something like that: Warchief - Melee Phys - Culling Strike - Chance to bleed. This setup will give you a magnificent amount of DPS on bosses potentialy. But it's not that cool for clearing maps since it's boring to place totem near every mob pack, with 2 mil DPS and regular setup you still will be able to oneshot every monster pack.

"
4 Link - Shield charge or Whirling Blades(currently I'm using the second one) setup

"
4 Link - Ancestral Warchief setup

"
4 Link - Aura and Curse

Note: Try to get 20%+ quality Hatred gem for additional AOE.

"
3 Link - Blood Rage and Vaal haste

"
3 Link - Ice golem, CWDT, Immortal Call

Make sure your CWDT can trigger immortal call and ice golem (Read in it's description or on wiki how it works).

Gear
"

Spoiler

Current gear:

Gear discussion:

Belly of the Beast is the best body armour you can get, but you can use lightning coil, which is more defensive armour while wearing abyssus or rare life/res/armor armour instead of it.
Abyssus will provide huge DPS boost, if you're playing on standard, get a legacy one with 200%+ crit multiplier. Try to get <45% roll on phys damage taken. Other good variants(more defensive, maybe with lightcoil and defensive helmet hardcore is viable): Rat's Nest, Starkonja's Head or a rare one armor base with life and resistances .
Maligaro's Virtuosity is pretty good gloves for this build. But you can use some rare Spiked Gloves with attack speed/life/res/crit/phys damage to attacks/armor instead of it. The best gloves you can get for this build is a legacy Atziri's Acuity, but it is extremely expensive.
Jewelled foil is a good rare base for this build, try to get it with 320+ pDPS and 1.8+ APS. You can also try to find other one handed sword with such dps and aps. Pretty good and very cheap variant - unique Scaeva, G-G-G scaeva(1-2 chaos) is really close to my 340pdps foil which costs a few ex.
The surrender - I think it is the best unique shield for this build, try to get one with 110+ max.life.
Lycosidae is a really good shield for this build too(+500k dps for me, but less armor and life), highly recommended.
Taste of Hate - this is very nice flask, it grants you a lot of DPS, but if you don't have it you can use Rumi's Concoction, silver flask or sulphur flask.
Amulet - Rare with phys damage to attacks/life/crit/intelligence/res/accuracy.

Carnage Heart is really good amulet, that grants you a lot of damage, lifeleech speed, some attributes and resists. Pretty good while lvling.

Sin's Rebirth Good flask, unholy mights provides good dps boost

Note: it is very important to have anti-bleeding life flask.

Preffered enchantments
"

Spoiler

Helmet: Blade Flurry Damage/AOE
Gloves: ... of Fury/... of War/etc
Boots: increased Attack/Cast speed/regenerate #% of life and mana

Jewels
"

Spoiler
Try to get something with damage, crit, life or attackspeed
I use these jewels

On the passive tree there are some locked nodes for jewels nearby, but they are able to be taken by 2 skill points, sacrificing some minor stats/etc. I decided to use only 2 jewels.
Watcher's Eye is pretty good(try to get one with hatred), but I'm not using it.

PoB DPS
"

PoB Conc. Effect, All Buffs and flasks

PoB Increased AoE, All Buffs and flasks

PoB With Conc. Effect, All Buffs and flasks, Shaper/Guardians, no Vaal Haste

Media
"

Spoiler
Atziri: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Of9oOBlce4&feature=youtu.be

Uber Lab(slow run, have shitty abyssus 48%, can do much better): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY5uCSC4FJ4&feature=youtu.be

T14 Basilica Block chance showcase run(+boss) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrmVAKG82N0

T14 Sunken City Casual Run(a bit laggy): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PncQ1YONNKg&feature=youtu.be

T13 Caldera Casual Run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GZIX08QTVQ&feature=youtu.be

T12 Defiled Cathedral Casual Run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_52ePVPd0-M

Killed shaper in 3.2 like 3 portals, have no vid.

Soon.

Last edited by Coloruts on Mar 5, 2019, 4:18:13 PM
Last bumped on Mar 1, 2019, 12:39:20 PM
just what i was looking for! going to check it out.

just one thing , i couldn't find which pantheon gods u r taking , could u elaborate on that?
what pantheon do u use?
I'll add Pantheon soon
Pantheon added.
"
Coloruts wrote:
Pantheon added.

thanks!

do u think lightpoacher helmet could work for mapping?
Last edited by arielrahamim on Jan 8, 2018, 8:18:55 AM
"
arielrahamim wrote:
"
Coloruts wrote:
Pantheon added.

thanks!

do u think lightpoacher helmet could work for mapping?

Try it. But I recommend you to use abyssus or rat's nest
Don't really understand why my hp always go down in this build.
"
Шишак wrote:
Don't really understand why my hp always go down in this build.

You can try to use Rumi's Concoction flask, it will max out your block chance. Get a rapier with more APS, jewelled foil is preferred
how it feel on tier 15 maps?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info