*Updated for 3.2* Volkuur's poison! millions of dps (7.5 mil shaper - 20 mil shaper GG gear)

my build has lower poison duration because of volkuur's but a much higher poison dps. therefor, the ramp-up-time for the poison to start damaging is much shorter. this build feels more "bursty" than other poison builds. the overall dps is a bit higher with my build with comparable gear.

Leveling:

you can level this build from level 1 with a quill rain. get a tabula.
you have to adjust the skillgems in the early levels. make sure to use lesser poison+cance to bleed. a early barrage setup for single target helps a lot. you will need some chance to poison on tree early on. skill into poison duration+poison damgage. get a thief's torment on ~lvl 20. quickly do normal lab and get the 60% chance to poison while using flask ascendancy from pathfinder.
You can play this build chaos dmg based once you reach ~lvl 30 with added chaos damage and swap to volkuur's with lightning damage later. volkuur's will pay off once you get ele overload.
Do you think this build could work with ascendant? If so, which ascendancies would you recommend? Wanna try it out, but would rather not level up yet another char... Got one with a pretty similar tree.
it might work as ascendant but it wont be as strong as pathfinder.
maybe get raider/berserker ascendancies
Strongest ascendancy for a non crit version is, by far, Pathfinder.
That's due to Flasks heavily helping the build : Overflowing Chalice (increased damage), Coralito's Signature etc
Mostly, it comes from the Master Herbalist node. 60% chance to poison, increased damage with poison AND poison duration is super strong in a single ascendancy node for any poison build. Not having it requires you to get chance to poison elsewhere.
I haven't checked it but i doubt a crit' build would reach higher DPS wihouth dozens of exalted orbs investment mark.

About the hit damage thing, i was talking about poison avoidance map mods. Its a non significant portion of your DPS but if you want to run such maps, it helps.
As for jewels, they are very costly and provide most of your damage.
So, what i meant was to reach comparable DPS with less investment, which is doable.

As for leveling, i went with Quill's Rain + Lighthning Arrow + Barrage in a 5L (2x4L basically) with Mirage Archer and Lesser Poison early on. Prismweave helps a lot during leveling.
Poison is basically non existent until lvl 43 (Volkuur's) and starts doing serious damage after lvl 59 (Dendrobate)
Use Thief's Torment from lvl 30 and feel invincible since nothing will kill you until maps basically.
"
Sacr0 wrote:

Leveling:

you can level this build from level 1 with a quill rain. get a tabula.
you have to adjust the skillgems in the early levels. make sure to use lesser poison+cance to bleed. a early barrage setup for single target helps a lot. you will need some chance to poison on tree early on. skill into poison duration+poison damgage. get a thief's torment on ~lvl 20. quickly do normal lab and get the 60% chance to poison while using flask ascendancy from pathfinder.
You can play this build chaos dmg based once you reach ~lvl 30 with added chaos damage and swap to volkuur's with lightning damage later. volkuur's will pay off once you get ele overload.

Which main skills in the tree do you recommend pursuing in order as one levels?

Thanks!
All that and a bag of chips!
toxic strikes => dirty techniques => fatal toxins
Could someone explain why this quiver? could you get more out of this with say a signal fire and the fire version of the gloves?
how about temporal chains? the +1 curse not too far from the tree, wont it boost poison a lot?
yes, temp chains is great for dps and also for defense. i teched a bit towards guardians/shaper, where curses have 80% less effectiveness, so i dont use it. for trash mobs, the increased poison duration from temp chains doesnt matter anyway.

we dont use phys conversion, why should we use signal fire? maloneye's gives 50% inc dmg with ailments( i have chance toblind on a jewel), life, attack speed and +1 arrow, so its really good.
"
Sacr0 wrote:
yes, temp chains is great for dps and also for defense. i teched a bit towards guardians/shaper, where curses have 80% less effectiveness, so i dont use it. for trash mobs, the increased poison duration from temp chains doesnt matter anyway.

we dont use phys conversion, why should we use signal fire? maloneye's gives 50% inc dmg with ailments( i have chance toblind on a jewel), life, attack speed and +1 arrow, so its really good.

the reason i asked is i have this:

is it worth using it and spec 6 points to get whisper of dooms

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info