Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

*Updated for 3.2* Volkuur's poison! millions of dps (7.5 mil shaper - 20 mil shaper GG gear)

"
CoolColJ wrote:
Ascendant occultist probably does more damage from the -15% chaos resist
and slayer for the nice overleech

But pure Pathfinder has nice quality of life features

this build doesnt do chaos damage
So I just switched over to the 6L Ice Shot @ 43 with the gloves, and my clear damage went DOWN (was using bleed and chaos with the 6L) probably 50%. Very disappointing; when does it go "up"? I have all the Poison nodes as well. Taking out many blue groups can take upwards of 5-10 seconds now... Ugh...

UPDATE: So the key is to put in as many lightning abyss jewels as soon as you get the gloves; it's hard to balance the skill spending, health and such though. I found the 2 socket belt works great, but once I get hit with the resistance smack killing Kitava, resists will be an issue (can really only do them on the amulet unless you get rid of wake of destruction - already using Goldrim). OFC there's the 3 resistance nodes in the build, but it takes some time to get.

UPDATE: Level 47 - the build is now rocking because I have 4x high lightning damage jewels - got my 6L quill as well. Makes all the difference. I am a bit concerned about porcupines though and the fact the build has not direct phys mitigation (e.g. granite flask) - we'll see if the Thief's can keep up with the damage of large porcupine groups :)
All that and a bag of chips!
Last edited by Mooginator on Jan 11, 2018, 1:56:02 AM
"
Aceserve wrote:
"
CoolColJ wrote:
Ascendant occultist probably does more damage from the -15% chaos resist
and slayer for the nice overleech

But pure Pathfinder has nice quality of life features

this build doesnt do chaos damage

Poison is chaos damage
Not if it's caused by elemental damage with Vokluurs. Slick build btw.
My build guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180198

Taking a break from PoE, catch me up in Warframe: https://www.warframe.com/signup?referrerId=5b625847f2f2eb0ea0750322
Use above link for free booster when you sign up! :)
Haven't played much DoT builds since the double dipping nerfs, so I rolled a character for this last night, and it is really strong. So far level 50 and the switch to Volkuur's gloves made the poison do insane damage. Leveling was surprisingly smooth.

Here are some tips for smooth leveling:

1. Get a Darkness Enthroned belt and put 2 lightning damage jewels. Switch those jewels with your highest lightning damage as you level up.

2. Use a Tabula and Quill Rain (also Thief's Torment at 30). Quill Rain feels great to level with because of the attack speed. You can also use Storm Cloud/Tempest.

3. Play as Elemental bow till level 43 for the glove switch. Focus on life nodes and 1 or 2 jewel sockets along the way to increase your damage. I recommend using Lightning arrow (has built in chain to nearby enemies) and Barrage in a double 5L in Tabula. Use Added Cold/Lightning, Elemental Damage with Attacks, Volley/LMP/GMP and Mirage Archer gems.

4. Do normal lab and grab the 60% chance to poison node.

5. Once you get to 43, use Volkuur's and get jewel sockets for more lightning damage jewels. ALWAYS aim to have at least 1 flask up to maintain your high poison on hit % chance. Of course, don't forget to grab more life nodes to survive.
IGN - Zginc
Last edited by Zginc on Jan 11, 2018, 2:52:01 AM
"
Bristoling wrote:

Poison always deals chaos damage, even if the poison comes from flat lightning damage.
Ele Dmg with attacks as well as Ele Overload will boost the chaos damage done by poison. i know it sounds a bit ridiculous but thats the way poison works after 3.0.

Dont expect this build to work instantly once you switch to volkuur's. you really need good flat dmg jewels/wrath aura to get going. once your dmg gets up, you can swap out wrath again. MoM and Ele overload take a lot of points to get but are mandatory for this build. without, you miss a lot of tankiness and dmg.
Last edited by Sacr0 on Jan 11, 2018, 3:56:56 AM
How do you take care of bleeding with atziris and vinktars flasks since you've got no staunching flask ?

Btw getting the upgraded ralakesh pantheon for blind/maim immunity is nice for this build.

I went with iron reflexes and kaoms roots instead of acrobatics. End up with 60% phys reduction and stun, temporal chain immunity.

Here's the POB https://pastebin.com/7vqWCqUp

I have a hard time letting go of the nodes behind MoM since they give so much ehp. I'll have to figure something out.
Yah I can confirm, this build rocks once you get it up and running. Level 60 now and clearing faster than any build I've done this league!

Definitely need to update the leveling guide - I recommend 1-50 or so. Once you hit 50 and have the proper jewels, etc. that's when things start to shine. Will be purchasing my 6L Dendrobate tomorrow.
All that and a bag of chips!
Last edited by Mooginator on Jan 11, 2018, 5:05:20 AM
"
Sharps03144 wrote:
How do you take care of bleeding with atziris and vinktars flasks since you've got no staunching flask ?

Btw getting the upgraded ralakesh pantheon for blind/maim immunity is nice for this build.

I went with iron reflexes and kaoms roots instead of acrobatics. End up with 60% phys reduction and stun, temporal chain immunity.

Here's the POB https://pastebin.com/7vqWCqUp

I have a hard time letting go of the nodes behind MoM since they give so much ehp. I'll have to figure something out.

i usually use a bleed immunity, instant recovery life flask instead of vinktar's. vinktar's is just for shaper and to min-max the dps. its not needed by any means. for mapping, a life flask is better.
i also use the MoM mana notes for mapping. for shaper i switch them out for berserking.
your build is fairly tanky. how's the dmg? according to pob there's some room for improving it

i will make some edits to the lvling section!
Last edited by Sacr0 on Jan 11, 2018, 5:17:28 AM
"
Sacr0 wrote:
"
Bristoling wrote:

Poison always deals chaos damage, even if the poison comes from flat lightning damage.
Ele Dmg with attacks as well as Ele Overload will boost the chaos damage done by poison. i know it sounds a bit ridiculous but thats the way poison works after 3.0.

oh i understand now. in the OP i thought you meant that the poison was converted to ele damage, but what you meant was that the chaos damage done by the poison is considered to be converted from ele damage and thats why it benefits from it. gotcha.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info