3.5 Magic Find Windrippin Boi (Windripper LA/Barrage Raider)

thoughts on avatar of the veil versus avatar of the chase? feel like chase would give a more dps/clear speed if we can put aliments on flasks
"
Popeyez9110 wrote:
thoughts on avatar of the veil versus avatar of the chase? feel like chase would give a more dps/clear speed if we can put aliments on flasks

putting ailment avoidance on flasks means you dont get to have %evasion or %ms on your them, slowing down your clear so I would never take any other ascendancy choices.
egg
"
Szra1 wrote:
Hey having a really good time with this build, thanks for posting.

I'm wondering if it's possible to hit 45k evasion without going pathfinder. Right now I think I'm sitting at around 20k with flasks and a devoto for helmet.

I have over 45k with flasks (which are always up during a map), it's possible to do when you have a high enough level of gear to do high damage without wrath and use grace instead.
egg
This might be an dense question. But when do I use the barrage? Should I use it with leveling? or use it in combination with lightning arrow. i.e. fire off barrage then lightning arrow? Or is there a synergy that I am missing? Or is it related to when I get the 5 vs 6 link?
"
Lorderan wrote:
This might be an dense question. But when do I use the barrage? Should I use it with leveling? or use it in combination with lightning arrow. i.e. fire off barrage then lightning arrow? Or is there a synergy that I am missing? Or is it related to when I get the 5 vs 6 link?

Barrage is used while levelling, but only as a thing you swap into your tabula rasa to improve your dps versus bosses. Later in the game you will only use barrage if you have at least 2 5links, one for the lightning arrow and one for the barrage as they have different optimal gem links. The barrage at this point will be used for map bosses, rogue exiles or tough rares such as essence monsters whereas the lightning arrow is just for clearing generally.
egg
Hey gmandonnan,

Thanks for posting this guide. I created my MF Windripper character a few days ago and am having a blast (https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/cloudblade70/characters GhostKerrigan).

One question I had was regarding accuracy. I'm currently level 80 and have approximately 87% accuracy with Ice Golem out. What is yours at your level? Do you have any problems with red maps? Since there isn't much room for accuracy on our gear, which accuracy nodes would be best to get if we eventually develop problems?

Edit: An update, so I've leveled to 85 now, and my accuracy is 84% with the Ice Golem out. Does this seem too low?
IGN - Bichlich
Please PM me to update me on trades.
Last edited by cloudblade70 on Nov 22, 2018, 2:47:32 PM
Excellent! Thanks gmandonnan.
"
gmandonnan wrote:
"
Lorderan wrote:

Barrage is used while levelling, but only as a thing you swap into your tabula rasa to improve your dps versus bosses. Later in the game you will only use barrage if you have at least 2 5links, one for the lightning arrow and one for the barrage as they have different optimal gem links. The barrage at this point will be used for map bosses, rogue exiles or tough rares such as essence monsters whereas the lightning arrow is just for clearing generally.

Going the Barrage single target, elemental mobs. Feels so much better. Really impactful and powerful. Thanks so much for you build guide.
This build is a real pleasure to play !
is it possible to use a deovots or inspired learning on this build if farming t3 burial.
Last edited by kimjungbill on Nov 22, 2018, 7:21:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info