3.5 Magic Find Windrippin Boi (Windripper LA/Barrage Raider)

"
hi. I'm currently making this build right now but it seems like my dmg is kinda low for thrash clear. can someone look into my character and see if I did anything wrong? thanks!! character ign : Legacy_Slamie

Swap the taste of hate for a diamond flask, I am also not sure how I feel about using drillneck with its single pierce with lightning arrow and I would probably rather use ice shot and the omen on the winds threshhold jewel instead for clearing if you dont have rigwalds quills.
egg
"
gmandonnan wrote:
"
hi. I'm currently making this build right now but it seems like my dmg is kinda low for thrash clear. can someone look into my character and see if I did anything wrong? thanks!! character ign : Legacy_Slamie

Swap the taste of hate for a diamond flask, I am also not sure how I feel about using drillneck with its single pierce with lightning arrow and I would probably rather use ice shot and the omen on the winds threshhold jewel instead for clearing if you dont have rigwalds quills.

will there be a huge difference if u get rigwalds quills? I have the currency but I'm not really comfortable with spending so much before I get to earn as I've never played a mf build before. what's your opinion? and how do you cope with your atlas for shape jungle valley? my atlas is in a mess I think. most of it is already unlocked. haven shaped anything at all yet. please guide me through and thanks for the quick respond!!
"
will there be a huge difference if u get rigwalds quills? I have the currency but I'm not really comfortable with spending so much before I get to earn as I've never played a mf build before. what's your opinion? and how do you cope with your atlas for shape jungle valley? my atlas is in a mess I think. most of it is already unlocked. haven shaped anything at all yet. please guide me through and thanks for the quick respond!!

Rigwalds quills means you clear a lot faster, I explode all mob packs even with half my dmg while using a rigwalds but if you dont want to spend that much currency you dont have to then it would be easier to just use ice shot. In order to shape your atlas for jungle valle you have to remove all t11 and t12 maps from atlas (you can vendor 3 master sextants and 1 scour together for a master cartographers seal to remove a red map) then shape jungle valley. If thats a little too expensive for you then I would do burial chambers which you can shape for by removing all t3 and t4 maps (vendor 3 white sextants and a scour for a seal for white maps) other than burial chambers and relic chambers. You can then use a shapers orb on relic chambers and you'll be able to sustain t3 burials.
egg
"
gmandonnan wrote:
"
Hottikitty wrote:
Back with another question... or maybe two :|
First is about the queen, as of right now it's giving me -2% movement speed, if I had a proper helmet it would only just even out, is it even worth using it?

Second question is about what i should expect from MF builds. I have never done a MF build before so I really don't know what to expect in terms of drops, as of right now I have 3 days played on this character (where I had respectable rarity and quant, around 45 quant and 120 rarity not including windripper and biscos bonuses) and so far I have had nothing valuable drop, only notable thing was a badly rolled goldwyrm and a divine orb. Is this normal for 3 days playtime? Dunno if I should be sad or not :D

QOTF gives huge increased movement speed with the flasks up which is why I use it, it is not that big of an increase for me without flasks. MF builds get significantly more currency, you shouldnt expect exalts dropping left and right but you should expect a significant increase in currency in general. You may have been a bit unlucky there depending on how much you actually played within those 3 days.

Ah thank you again for the response, I have just been spam mapping in my playtime, guess I'm just a bit unlucky, I will hold my breath for my first exalt.
Ree i accidentally made a comment and it wont delete
egg
Last edited by gmandonnan on Apr 16, 2018, 1:06:54 PM
Hey there. Thanks for this guide.

Had a perfect legacy biscos and a legacy QOTF sitting in standard so I thought of giving this build a try. Never played MF before.

Just finished the story and merc lab - Level 68 now and defenses still seem a bit twitchy.

I generally like to avoid vaal pact so is there a way we can work around that for this build? (Thief's torment was really nice during leveling for the life/mana on hit)

My current gear:

Armour:

Accessories:

Flasks:

Weapon:

Jewels:

The ice shot jewel in the tree along with another 7% life jewel

Any ideas on improving this.

I also don't get loads of time to play daily (don't want the wife to kick me out :D), so will post my loot once I get the maps rolling over a period of time.
"
gmandonnan wrote:
"

Rigwalds quills means you clear a lot faster, I explode all mob packs even with half my dmg while using a rigwalds but if you dont want to spend that much currency you dont have to then it would be easier to just use ice shot. In order to shape your atlas for jungle valle you have to remove all t11 and t12 maps from atlas (you can vendor 3 master sextants and 1 scour together for a master cartographers seal to remove a red map) then shape jungle valley. If thats a little too expensive for you then I would do burial chambers which you can shape for by removing all t3 and t4 maps (vendor 3 white sextants and a scour for a seal for white maps) other than burial chambers and relic chambers. You can then use a shapers orb on relic chambers and you'll be able to sustain t3 burials.

i've bought the quills and already did remove my t11 and t12 maps. going for t6 shaper orb for jungle valley. how do i sustain from the beginning? keep doing t10?
"
i've bought the quills and already did remove my t11 and t12 maps. going for t6 shaper orb for jungle valley. how do i sustain from the beginning? keep doing t10?

I ran some t11 maps i already had without doing the boss so they didnt unlock again but they will drop the t11 shaped map more often.
egg
"
gmandonnan wrote:
"

I ran some t11 maps i already had without doing the boss so they didnt unlock again but they will drop the t11 shaped map more often.

thanks man!!
"
Hey there. Thanks for this guide.

Had a perfect legacy biscos and a legacy QOTF sitting in standard so I thought of giving this build a try. Never played MF before.

Just finished the story and merc lab - Level 68 now and defenses still seem a bit twitchy.

I generally like to avoid vaal pact so is there a way we can work around that for this build? (Thief's torment was really nice during leveling for the life/mana on hit)

My current gear:

Armour:

Accessories:

Flasks:

Weapon:

Jewels:

The ice shot jewel in the tree along with another 7% life jewel

Any ideas on improving this.

I also don't get loads of time to play daily (don't want the wife to kick me out :D), so will post my loot once I get the maps rolling over a period of time.

I dont think we regen enough for the benefits of not going VP to even exist in any effect and I dont think we hit fast enough for thiefs torment to be better. Your helmet is very good but an evasion base on the helmet with preferably over 7-800 evasion which will increase our movement speed and dodge chance quite significantly. I would personally rush for the constitution node from now on the tree because it is a ridiculously large life increase. Even with a limited playtime it is really easy to get to lv 80 which is high enough to get the node on the tree. Also a flask with % increased evasion as a suffix roll will serve you well. I never really get hit for more than 3 thousand unless i stand on a detonate dead so as long as you have more than that in terms of life and comparable evasion to me you should be fine for running maps, though you cant really comfortably farm red maps until you have more than 4k life which will be easily achieveable past lv 80.
egg

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info