Stories from Development: The Undying

Stay out of the shadows!
a blast from the past.

thanks for sharing it, chris
Some people work during the "holidays".
Sort of posts, I like to read :)

btw. you could create sort of a recipe for the white gem, to upgrade after completing new difficulty level.
it would be retroactive, so one could always go back to lower diff.

but the fact is, ppl would lure the monsters to sun simply :D
human player factors is hard to counter :D
Playing for joy ♥

If interested, check out my Hideout(s): /view-thread/2226019
Is it not possible by makeing The Undying much harder to kill while in the shade but allowing them to be kited into the sunlight so they become easier to kill. Having a npc to bestow/bless the power to the player passively through a quest to make The Undying killable in the shade as if they were in the sunlight.

Simmular to other games where mobs become harder to kill at night, only without the day and night cycle.

To me that sounds like a fun compromise!! :)
Last edited by SpectraDevil on Jan 3, 2018, 12:44:29 PM
"This news post is the untold story of The Undying."
Untold? Well, I suppose it was pretty obscure trivia.

(I regret nothing)
cool
A potential half way implementation could've been that moving through shadows would slowly hurt the player over and over but leave them unable to fight back.
Until they get an item/gem that would let them see the monsters in the shadows. But I guess that also wouldn't work the undyings design of bandaged... thingies.

But good to finally know where Hargans line comes from. I always wondered. :)
"Another practical concern was how difficulty levels were handled (this was eight years before we removed them - at the time, Path of Exile had Hard, Cruel, Ruthless and Merciless as its difficulty levels)"

I thought that when there was ruthless, there was no third act yet ... Act 3 did not come in the same patch that took out Ruthless?
This is interesting!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info