[3.12] KissMeQuick's Gladiator Reave: REBORN — T19 100% Maps & A8 Sirus Deathless — Starter friendly

"
zzzunder wrote:
Thanks for the great guide. After checking it and thinking about a bit, got some things on my mind. Maybe someone can make them clear to me:
1)Outmatch and Outlast, whats the point of this node,considering we are using bloodrage and our offhand is statstick scepter that doesnt atack/kill.
2)Beetween Gladiator and Champion what are pros/cons, at least few ones, most important.
With HC Incursion league as my plans, id like to play glad for those blocking. But champion offers so much overall alone with adrenaline rush.

Thank you!

1) Outmatch and Outlast gives you Endurance charges since our main weapon is in offhand. On top of it, it gives 10% MORE damage and 10% REDUCED damage taken + stacks.

2) Gladiator is far far more defensive than Champion in every way which allows us to be more aggressive with items & tree. Champion could compete with Gladiator if proccing Adrenaline wasn't tedious & dangerous.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on May 24, 2018, 6:16:24 PM
Thanks for this incredible guide!

Since Reave is dual wield, the stat sticks nerf should not affect this build, right?

What about the incapability to get souls after using a vaal skill? Is that important for Vaal Reave in this build?

Anything else in the already known 3.3 changes that might affect this build?

Honestly this build looks like it can go on just fine even after being hit with some nerf.

Also from the guide it seems it's important to hold stat stick in main hand and dps weapon in off hand. Why is that? Is there any other difference than which charge is generated by Outmatch and Outlast? Or does this build just prefer Endurance charges over Frenzy charges? Or is it just that we get enough Frenzy from Blood Rage anyway?

I noticed your note in the MF section: "IMPORTANT - If you want to heavily focus on Incursion mechanics, then keep in mind that MF does not affect Incursion temples!" - where did you hear that? I'm trying to keep up with all the news but I didn't know this.
Last edited by enumag on May 25, 2018, 3:46:24 AM
"
enumag wrote:
Thanks for this incredible guide!

Since Reave is dual wield, the stat sticks nerf should not affect this build, right?

What about the incapability to get souls after using a vaal skill? Is that important for Vaal Reave in this build?

Anything else in the already known 3.3 changes that might affect this build?

Honestly this build looks like it can go on just fine even after being hit with some nerf.

Also from the guide it seems it's important to hold stat stick in main hand and dps weapon in off hand. Why is that? Is there any other difference than which charge is generated by Outmatch and Outlast? Or does this build just prefer Endurance charges over Frenzy charges? Or is it just that we get enough Frenzy from Blood Rage anyway?

I noticed your note in the MF section: "IMPORTANT - If you want to heavily focus on Incursion mechanics, then keep in mind that MF does not affect Incursion temples!" - where did you hear that? I'm trying to keep up with all the news but I didn't know this.

Thank you!

Stat stick nerfs shouldn't be in patch 3.3 as I understood but time will show.
With Vaal Reave, all that you need is to kill first 1 - 2 packs and you don't need any more of it during mapping. Vaal Reave is not a must, just increases AoE. The Vaal changes will help sustaining Vaal Reave for Guardians & Uber Elder now which makes bossing even more safer!

A lot of things can affect the build, just like with every build and you are correct, even if there are nerfs, which I honestly think SHOULD happen for this build specifically, then it'll still be very strong.

Odd hand gives us more damage as well from the passive tree in the dual wield bottom section. Should give something like 20%+ attack speed.
We generate all charges very easily!

I can't find it anymore but as far as I remember there was some talk that since monsters don't drop items, they can't be affected by MF, haven't double checked it and will probably wait til patch notes are out, maybe they'll change it.

Yeah, there are a lot of changes and a lot of info everywhere : >
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on May 25, 2018, 6:39:23 AM
Since u drop the blasphemy curse setup, we should run a shaper ring with curse on hit right ?
"
Morkai34 wrote:
Since u drop the blasphemy curse setup, we should run a shaper ring with curse on hit right ?

You may but I wouldn't even bother with it because bosses have 60% curse effectiveness reduction and Guardians / Shaper have 80%, so it's essentially a wasted slot since normal mobs aren't an issue to clear.

GGG has said tho that they will try to change this and buff curses for bosses as well in future.
And....dead. Same boss. Had quite a bit more life this time. Fire resistance around 100% (capped at 75 of course). Everything going pretty good, then BAM dead... Half way thru his second form, same as last time. It's the High Templar/Innocence dude.

Need to take a deep breath before I get back at it. Still love the build. It's fun.
This is the best melee build I've played, and that's saying a lot. I was very surprised to find Reave did great while leveling, and by the time I hit L80, I had 0 deaths.

I am curious why none of the Flashback racers used Reave? From what I can tell, it can speed map just as well as Sunder (if not better) - plus it does more single-target damage with the right gear...

Thanks a ton to the creator for this guide; I'll definitely recommend it to other players!
All that and a bag of chips!
I can also use Leap Slam right? I dont like Whirling Blades.
"
Mooginator wrote:
This is the best melee build I've played, and that's saying a lot. I was very surprised to find Reave did great while leveling, and by the time I hit L80, I had 0 deaths.

I am curious why none of the Flashback racers used Reave? From what I can tell, it can speed map just as well as Sunder (if not better) - plus it does more single-target damage with the right gear...

Thanks a ton to the creator for this guide; I'll definitely recommend it to other players!

I assume that racers haven't used Reave as much because it's easier to level with Sunder and are lazy to make the quick swap. Reave definitely is a lot better skill than Sunder after level 70 in every aspect. It also could be that they prefer to play their own builds and building a Sunder character is very easy while my Reave build has been in works for almost 6 months.

Thank you for the kind words (:

"
Sombra1337 wrote:
I can also use Leap Slam right? I dont like Whirling Blades.

You absolutely can!

"
slice99 wrote:
And....dead. Same boss. Had quite a bit more life this time. Fire resistance around 100% (capped at 75 of course). Everything going pretty good, then BAM dead... Half way thru his second form, same as last time. It's the High Templar/Innocence dude.

Need to take a deep breath before I get back at it. Still love the build. It's fun.

What you also can try is go flask mode for the boss. Take as many defensive and offensive flasks as you can with 1 big life flask and then town portal when they run out aka the softcore version of bossing, except portals are replaced with a respawn :P
Is it suitable for 3.3, or u will adapt it by 1st of june?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info