[3.12] KissMeQuick's Gladiator Reave: REBORN — T19 100% Maps & A8 Sirus Deathless — Starter friendly

Hi guys I am looking for some guidance as this is my first character/league in POE. I am having a blast with this build so far but I feel like I am missing something key as I keep getting 1-shot by bosses 8-10 levels lower than me. Specifically, I keep getting blasted by phase 2 of the Izaro fight on the 3rd lab. And any map higher than 4-5 tends to be iffy if I'm not 100% focused. These are my items (yes I know they're awful that's why I'm asking for advice) I'm level 78 atm

I would recomend getting some better gear
that armour can be made a a 6 link for like 22/30c
http://poe.trade/search/higohukukinoak

with a lot of health

your boots / belts / rings / amulet can all be upgrade and i would recomend getting +life on all of them if possible (once your really good with surviving a full damage amulet might be better though)
also 3 socket the scaeva with green sockets that will help with DPS
and don't forget you can give your gear quality 20%

but in general make sure your Resistances are capped at 75% and get life on pretty much evrything
Thanks for your reply! I know I need a 6 link and I was planning on buying a Belly of the Beast (everybody seems to use this) with 6 correct sockets for about 30C and then trying to roll the 6 link myself. Is that a viable option? I have had resistances "capped" at awhile now but I had read somewhere that you need 109%? Also do you think another issue could be chaos damage? I have no chaos resistance other than my flask. Sorry to bombard you with questions, I am just sort of stonewalled at t3-4 maps and confused.

Hey Guys!

Just got owned by Yellow elder, what should i upgrade?
"
bloo9372 wrote:

Hey Guys!

You are losing a ton of dps by using two swords, use an axe mace or wand in your main hand as a stat stick.

Also focus on flat phys on rings, ammy.
In the first post theres a poe.trade search for stats you want on your jewels, or you can check mine out.
Last edited by NSHN on Mar 29, 2018, 7:34:03 PM
"
NSHN wrote:
"
bloo9372 wrote:

Hey Guys!

You are losing a ton of dps by using two swords, use an axe mace or wand in your main hand as a stat stick.

Also focus on flat phys on rings, ammy.
In the first post theres a poe.trade search for stats you want on your jewels, or you can check mine out.

Thank you for your reply! Sorry for the dumb question, but why is an axe, wand or mace better than 2 swords? I will buy a new one but wondering why?
Last edited by bloo9372 on Mar 30, 2018, 5:03:19 AM
"
SlimThims wrote:
Thanks for your reply! I know I need a 6 link and I was planning on buying a Belly of the Beast (everybody seems to use this) with 6 correct sockets for about 30C and then trying to roll the 6 link myself. Is that a viable option? I have had resistances "capped" at awhile now but I had read somewhere that you need 109%? Also do you think another issue could be chaos damage? I have no chaos resistance other than my flask. Sorry to bombard you with questions, I am just sort of stonewalled at t3-4 maps and confused.

Belly of the beast is BiS but its very expensive trying to 6link it yourself is just a pure gamble so.. would just recommend spending 30 chaos to get a average 6l and then in the future upgrade to a belly

Also when you want to get a belly later on try to find one with 37/38% life
But honestly i think that money is better spend on different gear first that is a bit more chaos efficient

yea having higher resistances then you cap just means if you do get cursed you won't all of a sudden have like 40/50% resistances (not fun)

as for chaos damage most of it can be avoided or just having a higher life total will work against that (and lifesteal)
getting chaos resistance can be nice but personally i never really bother and i don't see other people getting it so.. (does not mean it can't be nice but would not focus on it) better to have more life+damage

also to bloo9372: you want to use a weapon in your main hand slot that can't be used by the skill your using that way you can just get global damage boosts on that weapon and with your "main" weapon you can just focus on pure damage(physical+AS) or some more crit multi

edit: the reason you it in your main hand btw is so you get all your kills in your offhand which will give you endurance charges(4%physical defense for each charge so..)
your already getting frenzy charged from bloodlust so
Last edited by lycanking20 on Mar 30, 2018, 5:36:32 AM
"
also to bloo9372: you want to use a weapon in your main hand slot that can't be used by the skill your using that way you can just get global damage boosts on that weapon and with your "main" weapon you can just focus on pure damage(physical+AS) or some more crit multi

edit: the reason you it in your main hand btw is so you get all your kills in your offhand which will give you endurance charges(4%physical defense for each charge so..)
your already getting frenzy charged from bloodlust so

Thanks, just got this and killed yellow elder without any problem with Blade Flurry setup.
"
SlimThims wrote:

Also make sure to use the gems suggested in the guide:
- adding fortify to your whirling blades (20% damage reduction)
- adding blind to totem (more evade chance)

A bleeding flask would also be good versus a lot of bosses

What ascendencies are you running? they are very important to add aditional defences.

Finally did shaper, failed first try, but second was deathless. Totally messed up balls on first try , since it was my first ever shaper and screen was total clusterfuck 3rd phase

Reave dps is more then enough, allthough i still have +8block statstick, which cost me lot of dps i guess. But looks like the block is not necessary anwyway since once you reach a specific dps treshold, you just kill everything on sight with reave (attack in place). Reave is also very good vs bosses because, you can dodge literally every atack with WW and still dps from half a screen away with reave stacks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info