[3.1] RF NECROMANCER and some Spectres (Atlas in Progress)

Hi kids! Do you like violence?
Wanna see me stick Nine inch Nails, through each one of my eyelids?
Wanna copy me and do exactly like I did?
Try THIS BUILD and FALL IN LOVE like I did?

That's a whole lotta blood mon. And a dead Haku on sinking on it.

Disclaimer:
"
This build is inspired on the build proposed by Theuberelite, therefore all the credits for this build are of his own. My intention with this thread is to merely spread the word among the community.

Basic Concepts
This build is very similar to the Wicker Man Burn Spectres when it comes to mechanics and functioning. The basic idea here is that, instead of summoning a Wicker Man, you are the one blazing stuff around. But how is that possible?
Go to the next topic.

Required Uniques
The only required unique for this build is the juicy (real juicy, this cutie gives on max roll 25% increased maximum life) Bloodbond
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Bloodbond
This unique is the very only unique required for this build to work. All the others are either used in order to allow early RF usage (i.e. Kikazaru, Shaper Seed, Springleaf) or recommended ones, like Brightbeak, RotF, The Oak, Kaom's Roots, Hrimnor's Resolve, and the like.

Mechanics
This build is entirely focused on the trademark ability of the Necromancer to be affected by her own offerings (aka Mistress Of Sacrifice), coupled to the Uniquebound Skill Blood Offering. This skill functions as it follows:

a. Sacrifice 20% of your maximum hp;
b. Restore 35% of that ammount to your minions over the duration (roughly 7%, scaling with bodies consumed up to smth like 10%)
c. Duration and regen scales with the ammount of bodies consumed, as any offering.

The magic is obvious: You get that massive HPRegen for yourself, which is pretty nutty, allowing you to sustain RF with ease since from level 35 and normal lab completed, plus some stuff (uniques mentioned b4 and ofc maxed FRes/+1% to max FRes PoF/Vitality) Vitality can be actually dropped later on, as some %HPRegen nodes are.

Gem Setup
Pretty Standard gem setups:

2L: Orb of Storms + Increased Critical Strike Chance // Flamabillity + Blasphemy
3L: Shield Charge + FasterAttacks+ Fortify // IC + CWDT + Duration
4L: Raise Spectre + Minion Life + Minion and Totem Elemental Resist + Fortify
RF Setup 4L: RF + Conc. Effect + Increased AoE + Increased Burning Damage
RF Setup 5L: RF + Conc. Effect + Increased AoE + Increased Burning Damage + Elemental Focus
RF Setup 6L: RF + Conc. Effect + Increased AoE + Increased Burning Damage + Elemental Focus + Efficacy

Also the Stone golem, Desecrate, Enduring Cry and the auras.

Spectre Setup
Just grab a pair of Tukohama Vanguards on The Coast (Act 6) and be happy with dem fiery totems.

General Progression
Until level 35, you can go for anything, really. Choose the skill that suits you to climb until this point. Always kill all bandits. Go for normal Lab, and grab the Mistress Of Sacrifice branch. And you're DONE. With average gear, you should be sitting at around 1.5k HP at level 40, and burning through mob packs forever ever since then. Just don't forget to refresh your offering, SERIOUSLY.

Current Progress
I don't quite have a lot of time to play, I'm still level 74 and cleaning dem yellow maps. I already have 6.3k HP though, and I'm having a really sweet time with clear speed and boss fights. This section should soon be updated with my current gear and stuff.

If you are willing to see this build working on some real actions, just tune in here and check my waifu playing his variant: https://www.twitch.tv/theuberelite
Last edited by malmeida on Dec 31, 2017, 3:39:12 PM
Last bumped on Feb 17, 2018, 6:28:45 PM
Can rf occultist with just a scorchimg ray totem do better than this build or as good? Thanks for posting this nice build.
"
Can rf occultist with just a scorchimg ray totem do better than this build or as good? Thanks for posting this nice build.

Personally I have played both RF Occultist (Hybrid) and currently playing RF necromancer (though not exactly this one)

The problem is for bosses specifically you rely on Blood Offering from Bloodbond to regen after taking damage. Blood offering only affects YOU if you are a Necromancer, so you can't use this item on an Occultist.

To sustain your EHP on an occultist and actually regen, it is most feasible to go with what Aila did, which is hybrid. Hybrid allows you to take advantage of the ascendancy to regenerated ES on kill, however this don't really work well on bosses. Neither can you run Tukohama vanguards for absurd single target damage.

In short: Occultist is superior in clear speed, but falls short on bosses.
Last edited by Miyucheese on Dec 31, 2017, 11:14:26 AM
Empower for RF?
"
Bebys wrote:

Sup mate!

Well, I don't know a lot about RF Occultist, but I can expect that the Occultist should have a better clearing speed. However, when it comes to boss killing, the spectre duo is simply obscene. Flawless speed.

"
Inferius90 wrote:
Empower for RF?

A lvl 4 Empower can give you about 15% more damage (by empowering all the supports) and I suppose it may even give +1 to radius of RF (Needs confirmation).
Last edited by malmeida on Dec 31, 2017, 12:58:53 PM
"
malmeida wrote:

A lvl 4 Empower can give you about 15% more damage (by empowering all the supports) and I suppose it may even give +1 to radius of RF (Needs confirmation).

"
Empower is a support gem that increases the gem level of supported ACTIVE skill gems

The only available 6L gem for RF is Efficacy.
Last edited by ojejku on Dec 31, 2017, 2:45:54 PM
"
ojejku wrote:
"
malmeida wrote:

"
Empower is a support gem that increases the gem level of supported ACTIVE skill gems

The only available 6L gem for RF is Efficacy.

Thanks for reminding me about Efficacy. I use this on my setup and completely overrun it.
May vary on setup, bit newish to RF. but optimal 6Link (excluding those crazy helms right now) is generlaly RF > Conc Effect > Burning Damage > Elemental Focus > Arcane Surge > Swift Affliction.

The Arcane Surge adds the duration tag to RF allowing us to use Swift Affliction. Cheers
You're right, but the downside of not having IAoE might not be worth, if you focus only on RF. For ST you better have TV spectre and RF only for AoE on maps.
Just watched Uberelite take down shaper quite easily with this build

anyone know what he is using in his Animate Guardian?

---

BTW I don't think your Spectre links are optimal. I would not use fortify with the Vanguards

Raise Spectre + Minion Damage + Minion and Totem Elemental Resist + Burn damage or Efficacy

Also if your specc'ed on doing damage yourself, and RF boosts spell damage, I myself would try to squeeze in a self cast spell. ideally Balefire would be nice, but you need the shield

Last edited by CoolColJ on Jan 3, 2018, 12:49:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info