[3.x][Super Heavy Heavy Strike] 2H HS Jug - All Content

"

Thank you for answers! Sorry I’ll be inattentive, like many noobs :d try this build and write my impressions later, gl!

My best "newbie" advice to enjoy the 1-10 acts and mapping with the build is to really not hesitate to buy a new weapon as soon as you start to slow down.

Follow the "leveling weapons" part of the guide.

If you don't know well the game and just use the random weapon that drops you will have a long and potentially hard journey.
"
Rootsmann wrote:
"

Thank you for answers! Sorry I’ll be inattentive, like many noobs :d try this build and write my impressions later, gl!

My best "newbie" advice to enjoy the 1-10 acts and mapping with the build is to really not hesitate to buy a new weapon as soon as you start to slow down.

Follow the "leveling weapons" part of the guide.

If you don't know well the game and just use the random weapon that drops you will have a long and potentially hard journey.

agreed with you! thanks for advice :)
try this build instead frost blades, because i love tanky builds
"
Voidstranger wrote:
What about Elder Exquisite blade (with "Socketed gems are supported wih level # Fortify") instead of Starforge?

I play Standard (yeah, with legacy gear:). Still can't decide between Starforge and this:

How much damage gives Starforge's shock in Elder/Shaper fight?

And what about corrupted Starforge with "Socketed gems are supported wih level # Fortify" corrupted implicit? Is it superior compared to Elder sword?

Also - is Sin's rebirh + Atziri promise combo better than Brutality?

Without looking in details in pob i think that Fortify SF > Elder blade > Normal SF

Btw Starforge does a visible shock on guardians and shaper

About the flasks, it needs to be checked on POB, if you got flask slots and the Elder blade sure you can go for it
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

GGG: Don't you guys follow streamers?
"
Rootsmann wrote:
"
ZaeN wrote:

You're spot on!
Tribal Fury was interesting for testing.
Static Blows however is a definitive choice with a starforge

And the great news is that Static blows is really cheap to craft.

A couple questions regarding the two anointments:

- During your testing, did you determine if "Strike Skills target 1 additional nearby Enemy" from Tribal Fury allow you to hit twice a single isolated ennemy (as Multistrike would do) or does it behave like ancestral call? I can't find the answer on online ressources.

- With your endgame gears, do you know how far you were to reach the maximum schock damage treshold (50% damage) on shaper? Just to know if the 30% from static blows will help further.

Provided that Bligh uniques in red maps have much more life than the shaper, the 30% from static blow probably be of great help there.

Then I have one more sem-question/semi-comment, as I get a better grisp of the fine relations between the different mechanics involved in the build:

- Maim does not stack, the strongest maim source overwrites the others. It means than with Maim support in stone and flesh, the Maim supporting HS does not apply it's own "increased damage taken". Ruthless is significantly better except if you one- or two-shot everything (in which case Ruthless is useless). Even Fortify has more "more damage" than Maim. And even in a defensive setup angainst a boss in the sand stance, it's still better to put Maim in the totem and use Ruthless or Crit or Fortify in HS links, right? It seems to me that Maim in the main skill is only good for map speed farming where everythings dies in oneshots.

I've also tried to see if the new IC (which gives elemental mitigation too now) would be better than Molten Shell (which only prevents hits attacks/spells) but as soon as you have The Brass Dome and the Jugg ascendy, Molten Shell seems to easily win.

Sorry if my post was misleading, i didnt test anointments since all my jugs are in standard :o

I choose shock over additional strike as i think it helps vs end bosses while clearing is more than enough as it is, for clearing the biggest boost in speed was done by faster leap slam rather than more dmg.

Anyway 30% inc effect is always going to help get there faster

Yes the strongest Maim applies and it is the one from Flesh & Stone + Maim. About putting it in the main skill, i wouldn't recommend it since it is still 30% chance and it has very limited use/application in farming

About Molten Shell, it beats IC in every scenario. Even without brassdome (it is 3c now btw pretty cheap) you can still get 10-25k armour (basalt/lion roar gives 3000 for example) and MS will still give a strong shield

"
Hi, thank you for the build, I like it, but can It farm labs, delve, and blight mechanics? I newbie and try find build which can farm all content. (Sry for the mistakes, eng it’s not my language)

This league is economically better than Legion to make a SF char, brassdome 3c and starforge is going down quickly, today it went under 1ex price, so it should not be so bad to make a melee char

I enjoyed this build a lot in abyss where i did a lot of bosses and stuff even Hall of grandmasters (which surprised me), something which i couldn't do with other builds or where i needed huge investments to stack dmg. Going around with 50k armor and being immune to freeze/slows is great imho

But you still need to be careful with shotgunning mobs/blobs and respect boss/oneshot mechanics.

The good thing (imo) about this build is that it has a tanky chassis while still having a respectable damage. The only truly tankier build than this is a spell guardian (SR/RF) that needs a lot to get the dmg high. Other builds basically don't have defense layers instead they rely on a gazilion life on hit to tank (which is not so bad when they can facetank/abuse some boss mechanics btw)
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

GGG: Don't you guys follow streamers?
Last edited by ZaeN on Sep 17, 2019, 9:26:42 AM
"
ZaeN wrote:

Sorry if my post was misleading, i didnt test anointments since all my jugs are in standard :o

I choose shock over additional strike as i think it helps vs end bosses while clearing is more than enough as it isfor clearing the biggest boost in speed was done by faster leap slam rather than more dmg.

Anyway 30% inc effect is always going to help get there faster

Ok then I need to make sure that the additional strike can not be dealt on a single target. Because if it is, that's 100% more damage on single target (= boss). Much better than a boost on shock. But I believe it can't be the same target and that it's basically working like Ancestral Call.

"
ZaeN wrote:

for clearing the biggest boost in speed was done by faster leap slam rather than more dmg.

This is just a "for fun comment" from me, but right now wit Therminus Est + Rotgut (consumes the frenzy charges to gain onslaught on top of a 69% movement speed boost from the flask itself), I'm running in red maps with 139% movement speed and leaping around with 150% attack speed. This is some fine zoom zoom speed. Even once I get a starforge and the rest, I'll keep this setup on a side to switch for when I do ez content fast.

"
ZaeN wrote:
Even without brassdome (it is 3c now btw pretty cheap)

I keep an eye on the prices everyday. What you are refering to is the 0-4 link prices. I have a very good 6 link armor (I slammed an additional T1 res with leo in research after I bought the armor) and as long as I don't get the 6 link starforge I can't just get a 3c Brass Dome. Because I can't afford to lose the 6 link on HS. But I'm 1 ex away from the revolution :)
I'll go with a 6 link starforge and a 3c brass dome that I'll 5 link myself for 150 fuses. I then can sell my current armor for 4 ex I believe, 3 at worst, and I'll be close to a 6 link brass dome.

I hope I don't bother you with my extensive messages. I'm just really invested in this character and excited :D
Last edited by Rootsmann on Sep 18, 2019, 3:33:57 AM
https://youtu.be/vRgG4FFlqDo

Me testing with the build in 3.8. This is a full Shaper run. I used Ancestral Call and Melee Splash and only remembered to switch back to Multistrike + Ruthless by the last phase. Mostly to demonstrate how tanky the build is. Eating Shaper slams like breakfast as you see. :D
A filthy casual
SO you say that maim support is more important than melee splash? if that is so, does that mean that when you are clearing mobs in maps, you change maim for ruthless and ancestral for multistrike?
"
AquariusLord wrote:
SO you say that maim support is more important than melee splash? if that is so, does that mean that when you are clearing mobs in maps, you change maim for ruthless and ancestral for multistrike?

I'm not in charge of the build but what I concluded after talking with the boss of this thread:

Maim is never to be a heavy strike support. If you use flesh and stone in the blood stand, link Maim to it. If not, link Maim in your Totem. Make sure you don't have two times Maim because only the strongest will apply.

Now for the heavy strike supports (never maim):

For clearing, use Ancestral call and Splash.

For single target, replace these two with multistrike and Ruthless.

Edit: as for myself, I'll do uber elder tonight. Did 2 elder guardians with ease yesterday, I'm confident as both tankyness and dps are there. Just not sure about a gem swapping mid fight for the elder portals. Might start with MC and Ruthless and just switch MC for AC for the portals. Will see.
Last edited by Rootsmann on Sep 25, 2019, 9:04:31 AM
I like your gem setup Rootsmann, may emulate them! I am using Dash though, which really works well ... I'd lose that running your links.

Otherwise this build is great for lab runs, literally death is almost impossible ... unless you REALLY try.
"
martyl48 wrote:
I like your gem setup Rootsmann, may emulate them! I am using Dash though, which really works well ... I'd lose that running your links.

Otherwise this build is great for lab runs, literally death is almost impossible ... unless you REALLY try.

If you look at my gloves and boots it's pretty inefficient. If you switch banner with golem, then you save a CWDT. There can go your dash. I was just lazy with the coloring. (EDIT on that part: i traded new gloves and boots so the coloring was much easier and I ajusted my gems. I currently have an enlighten in the boots that's where your dash can go)

So I did uber elder and died every time I tried to swap gems. Still got him though. But then I just bought a second statforge and I swap weapon with Q shortkey. Retried uber elder like that and it's much easier. Also cool for mapping. A bit of an expensive quality of life though XD

Edit: notice that I don't link Maim to stone and flesh because I stay in sand stance.
Last edited by Rootsmann on Sep 28, 2019, 11:29:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info