Some Builds Not Viable on XBOX

"
DJionics wrote:
"
filix wrote:
"
Rashaka1 wrote:

Actually to really target a corpse, hold the left trigger and then push and hold the specter skill, then you get a cursor which you can then hover over the corpses and when you let go you will revive that one. I think to abort you have to press share or so, if you cannot find the right one and don't want to overwrite the ones you already have.

This was news to me and has helped speed up and get to choose the ones I want now.

So have stayed with my 8 hotkey setup for now and doing okay atm - upto T7's but have decided to tweak the build I am using over the next few char levels I get to try and make myself more tanky.

Got my Vis Mortis which made a big difference.

But all in all I am finding this build a lot more work than a melee/sunder build. Maybe I just want an easy life of hold 1 button down, kill everything and move on to get set of enemy.

I also made one build just to test, but it feels clunky, as if you want to loot in combat and you turn around, if you cannot quickly select the right item, you just stop dealing dmg. On pc, well you select the item with your mouse, before you actually move, then a click it autoruns and you just turn around. So you are again way more effective. Would be cool if we could use the RS to select even out of our range, and with pressing a get the same behavior than on pc, run there and interact. Would make looting in general way better, if movement would not always reset the selection.

Btw this aborting the spectre cast with share did not work. Not sure if it was at all possible.
one of my favorite builds to play was 7 aura (I think thats how many I had) necro with skellies, zombies, spectre, and 3 curses (would swap the curse on hit depending on the map) now with some of the new skills I can see ways of squeezing in a bit more... HOWEVER... completely not going to with the limited buttons available. Yes, there does need to be a quick cast option from the skill/spell menu itself.

P.S. I also had things like my portal gem and minion buffs on the hotbar.
Flicker is unplayable due to constant lagging b/c the servers are too slow to guess what your doing.

Fix your goddamned servers.

Throw some fucking money at it and fucking fix it.
"
David_Delaune wrote:
Hi,

I've also not had any success with Witch/Necro. I'm wearing Vis Mortis, near max roll Lioneye Remorse and have max resistance but I am having trouble at high level maps. I've tried several skill tree variations and item combinations.

I have the same build and so far I've been destroying the content like there no tomorrow, I'm still new to the game and haven't died since act 10 and I never skipped a map, killed atziri and can farm corrupted rare t13 maps, probably higher but haven't found any yet. Feel free to add me on xbox if you want me to look at your build or something

gt: poopje
"
Rashaka1 wrote:
They pretty much already work that way. It should have been on by default, but there is an option that you can set which will cause LB to use the next health potion if the one on LB is empty.

I think he meant for a single button to activate all the flasks at once. like on my character, I want diamond flask, stibnite, jade, and my 40% increased damage flask to all go off when I run into a fight. as it is now I have to hit left arrow, up arrow, right arrow, right button all in succession, its already burning the other potions and you have to give up being ready with your attack or give up movement which is wasting more time on flasks to achieve this.

On PC version you can be moving in (left clicking) have the attack ready (right clicking) and just press with my 4 fingers on 2,3,4,5 all at the same time.

On the xbox version however.... its clunky at best which is why I HATE playing potion heavy/potion reliant builds.
"
MasterNytar wrote:
"
Rashaka1 wrote:
They pretty much already work that way. It should have been on by default, but there is an option that you can set which will cause LB to use the next health potion if the one on LB is empty.

I think he meant for a single button to activate all the flasks at once. like on my character, I want diamond flask, stibnite, jade, and my 40% increased damage flask to all go off when I run into a fight. as it is now I have to hit left arrow, up arrow, right arrow, right button all in succession, its already burning the other potions and you have to give up being ready with your attack or give up movement which is wasting more time on flasks to achieve this.

On PC version you can be moving in (left clicking) have the attack ready (right clicking) and just press with my 4 fingers on 2,3,4,5 all at the same time.

On the xbox version however.... its clunky at best which is why I HATE playing potion heavy/potion reliant builds.

I don't know what GGG's stance currently is but I do know that publicly a few years ago they were standing by 1 key press per action. On xbox, though, I feel like a double or triple flask button is a fair option, its not like people arent macroing on pc anyways (and its much easier to flask legit on that). Flaksing as profieciently as I did on pc is the equivalent of the hand olympics.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info