Some Builds Not Viable on XBOX

So I played a nice and easy sunder/marauder build last league so not a total beginner at the game.

So this league because I wanted to do something a lot cheaper and easier (I thought) I went for a witch/necromancer/srs build with animated guardian and spectres (actually heres the link - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1971585)

So I battled through and worked out what 8 moves (ie attacks/auras or buffs) that where the best to use at all the time.

But here are some of the problems:

1) Use desecrate (no problem) - choose the spectres you need is almost impossible and a lottery but it is possible to get the ones you want (but all in all time consuming and a pain) and once you have the 3/4 spectres you want I have usally had to take them of hotkeys (IE ABXY)

2) So atm I have two golems as I am still trying to get a few more armour/weapons to finalise the build) But to be able to call them if they die means another 2 hotkeys would be used up. So again you have to call them and then take them of the hotkeys.

3) Animated guardian, again no problem making one using some items to at least get it active, but if it dies as I dont have it hotkeyed means a stop change a buttom load the guardian and then go back to playing setup.

4) Auras I have to slot them into the hotkey and then take it off as again once on you just have to leave it on).

So atm I have 8 buttons all full with what I feel offers the best ingame but even then I cant run all the things.

My 8 buttons are

A Ball lighting +RT Desecrate
B Convocation +RT Shield Charge (but it could be Flame dash etc etc)
X Flesh Offering +RT Vaal Summon Skeletons
Y Summon Raging Spirit +RT Raise Zombie

So all in all there seems to be a lot of build out there which may seem very simple to play and run on the pc but it seems that XBOX one users cant try or compete with these builds as they become very time consuming when you die or lose a golem or specte.

Other people views about this would be nice, or even suggestions

Thanks for reading

Last bumped on Jan 17, 2018, 2:33:21 AM
There was already the suggestion, to be able to cast from the skill selection menu directly, like a assigning it to your button and like x to cast it, without assigning it.

What could also work is some kind of Support "skill" you can assign to a button and if you press it, a circle comes up with your skills and you can choose from it, like auras, golems etc.

But yeah there should be a way to cast stuff, thats not on your hotkeys.
It's really not that bad. At most the PC has 12 buttons. I think they are limited to 10 though, 1-0. I run a 7 aura build and I only have two of them on hotkeys. It's not as bad as you are making it out to be. I rarely die. Maybe once every 10+ maps. If you are dying too frequently maybe you need to work on your build more or if you are still playing through the acts and don't have good gear then maybe you should use a different spec that is less intrusive until you get to mapping.

Also with the specter thing I have a friend running the specter build and he's having no problems with it on xbox honestly. Are you aware of being able to hold the left trigger and then use the thumb stick to cycle through corpses on the ground to find what you are looking for? If not then that will help you a ton.
"
Rashaka1 wrote:
It's really not that bad. At most the PC has 12 buttons. I think they are limited to 10 though, 1-0. I run a 7 aura build and I only have two of them on hotkeys. It's not as bad as you are making it out to be. I rarely die. Maybe once every 10+ maps. If you are dying too frequently maybe you need to work on your build more or if you are still playing through the acts and don't have good gear then maybe you should use a different spec that is less intrusive until you get to mapping.

Also with the specter thing I have a friend running the specter build and he's having no problems with it on xbox honestly. Are you aware of being able to hold the left trigger and then use the thumb stick to cycle through corpses on the ground to find what you are looking for? If not then that will help you a ton.

Actually to really target a corpse, hold the left trigger and then push and hold the specter skill, then you get a cursor which you can then hover over the corpses and when you let go you will revive that one. I think to abort you have to press share or so, if you cannot find the right one and don't want to overwrite the ones you already have.
I can't remember:

I know Spectres are saved between sessions now, but are auras? It's nice to not lose our hard-found Spectres, but if you're a 7-aura character with a golem, that's eight skill you have to configure in, activate, then configure out: each time you start up (not to mention, having to do again if you die)
You only have to redo auras when you die and due to the built in cool down on casting one aura to the next there is very little time difference once you get good at swapping a skill out of a slot for another skill. It takes me about 4 seconds longer to swap out 6 auras and cast them all from one button than it does to have them all set up on buttons and cast them all from a different button.

I can however say that there was a learning curve on muscle memory to get the skill switched out quickly.
Hi,

I've also not had any success with Witch/Necro. I'm wearing Vis Mortis, near max roll Lioneye Remorse and have max resistance but I am having trouble at high level maps. I've tried several skill tree variations and item combinations.

"
filix wrote:
"
Rashaka1 wrote:

Actually to really target a corpse, hold the left trigger and then push and hold the specter skill, then you get a cursor which you can then hover over the corpses and when you let go you will revive that one. I think to abort you have to press share or so, if you cannot find the right one and don't want to overwrite the ones you already have.

This was news to me and has helped speed up and get to choose the ones I want now.

So have stayed with my 8 hotkey setup for now and doing okay atm - upto T7's but have decided to tweak the build I am using over the next few char levels I get to try and make myself more tanky.

Got my Vis Mortis which made a big difference.

But all in all I am finding this build a lot more work than a melee/sunder build. Maybe I just want an easy life of hold 1 button down, kill everything and move on to get set of enemy.
Something I'd love for this, is to be able to put 3-5 flasks on 1 key.

Like RB = all flasks. For spamming in maps etc.
They pretty much already work that way. It should have been on by default, but there is an option that you can set which will cause LB to use the next health potion if the one on LB is empty.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info