Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.1] Poet's Pen Volatile Dead - all content - HC/SC

"
EthicalExile wrote:
Currently running at 5.19 aps (tried 5.20 and noticed desync of frenzy attack and unearth)
Build currently gets 40% fire pen from wise oak + watchers eye + amulet + abyss jewel

One tip I would give for people who want to try min/max this build is to not neglect hp. You do 0 damage when you are dead. I notice a significant QOL improvement when I decided to ditch 10k tool tip dps and got my hp from 7k to 8.5, remember your leach rate depends on your max hp. If you have the option between +1k dps or +200 hp, always choose the later.

Mobility Offhand:

Wow, your gear is absolutely disgusting. Probably the best I've seen so far.
@RickJamesWitch

http://www.youtube.com/user/69zirc/videos
"
EthicalExile wrote:
Currently running at 5.19 aps (tried 5.20 and noticed desync of frenzy attack and unearth)
Build currently gets 40% fire pen from wise oak + watchers eye + amulet + abyss jewel

One tip I would give for people who want to try min/max this build is to not neglect hp. You do 0 damage when you are dead. I notice a significant QOL improvement when I decided to ditch 10k tool tip dps and got my hp from 7k to 8.5, remember your leach rate depends on your max hp. If you have the option between +1k dps or +200 hp, always choose the later.

Mobility Offhand:

Where dat crit multi at on your ammy?
Just wanted to pop in at the end of the league with where I took this build. Stuck mostly to your tree, and made a hybrid mf/dps variant for super quick t14 vault clears

and my current gear for critique
Hello all !!! i need a little help (with my friend :wink: ) to improve my poet pen volatile (its my first league in this game). i have around 4ex but i dont know what can i change in priority. watcher eye is too expensive, there is no more starkonja with volatile enchant on POE trade.. so what can i do ? thanks a lot !!! (i surely made some big noobie errors ^^) profile : https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Altistic/characters (character poetpennywale
i cant pass lvl 89 because of dying :=(

if you can precise stats (for jewel for example) because "change your jewel" is not a thing i can understand for now ^^

( dont know how to post my gear here)

thanks all !
"
FinnaDieFam wrote:
Just wanted to pop in at the end of the league with where I took this build. Stuck mostly to your tree, and made a hybrid mf/dps variant for super quick t14 vault clears

and my current gear for critique

Btw using cremation in your bossing setup will do less damage than just pure Volatile in one wand and unearth in the other. Due to how spell rotation works, when your VD/Cremation goes off, it's consuming corpses, but not creating any new ones; meaning the next spell set of VD/Unearth, the VD will have no corpses to consume.

You can easily see this if you just cast slowly in hideout, every other cast you won't be getting your VD spawns because all of the corpses were consumed last spell, but no new ones were placed before your next cast goes off. If you take out cremation you will get VD spawns on every single cast.

Either you need to focus on pure VD/Unearth for bossing, or use an Unearth Spell totem to be able to sustain corpses with no corpse generation in the main spell setup.

So like:
VD
Ele Focus
Conc Effect

Cremation
Ele Focus
Conc Effect

Spell Totem
Unearth
GMP
LMP
Volley
Faster Casting
Last edited by Xanthochroid on Feb 18, 2018, 2:34:41 PM
"
Altistic wrote:
Hello all !!! i need a little help (with my friend :wink: ) to improve my poet pen volatile (its my first league in this game). i have around 4ex but i dont know what can i change in priority. watcher eye is too expensive, there is no more starkonja with volatile enchant on POE trade.. so what can i do ? thanks a lot !!! (i surely made some big noobie errors ^^) profile : https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Altistic/characters (character poetpennywale
i cant pass lvl 89 because of dying :=(

if you can precise stats (for jewel for example) because "change your jewel" is not a thing i can understand for now ^^

( dont know how to post my gear here)

thanks all !

You have some lvl 20 support gems that you can vendor with 1 gcp per gem to get them to 20 quality. Should improve your dps a bit.

I would try to replace the Saphire ring with an Opal that has 60+ life and fire damage %.

Instead of starkonja you can buy a helm with the enchant and +dex if you need it. Or Rats Nest or Lightpoacher with the enchant.

Your flasks really should be 20 quality and magic. You need curse removal, bleed removal, freeze removal.
@RickJamesWitch

http://www.youtube.com/user/69zirc/videos
4x shaper deathless, 50k tool tip

here is my gear
Spoiler
"
Xanthochroid wrote:

Btw using cremation in your bossing setup will do less damage than just pure Volatile in one wand and unearth in the other. Due to how spell rotation works, when your VD/Cremation goes off, it's consuming corpses, but not creating any new ones; meaning the next spell set of VD/Unearth, the VD will have no corpses to consume.

You can easily see this if you just cast slowly in hideout, every other cast you won't be getting your VD spawns because all of the corpses were consumed last spell, but no new ones were placed before your next cast goes off. If you take out cremation you will get VD spawns on every single cast.

Either you need to focus on pure VD/Unearth for bossing, or use an Unearth Spell totem to be able to sustain corpses with no corpse generation in the main spell setup.

So like:
VD
Ele Focus
Conc Effect

Cremation
Ele Focus
Conc Effect

Spell Totem
Unearth
GMP
LMP
Volley
Faster Casting

are you sure? by my count it casts unearth, creates 5 corpses, 4 of them are turned to vd and one is used for cremation, so long as i create enough corpses with unearth, cremation shouldn't hinder the casting right?
checked in my hideout and im not seeing my vd miss any casts

edit: reread your post, perhaps i was firing them off too fast to notice? I'll have to retest
Last edited by FinnaDieFam on Feb 19, 2018, 12:51:18 PM
"
FinnaDieFam wrote:

are you sure? by my count it casts unearth, creates 5 corpses, 4 of them are turned to vd and one is used for cremation, so long as i create enough corpses with unearth, cremation shouldn't hinder the casting right?
checked in my hideout and im not seeing my vd miss any casts

edit: reread your post, perhaps i was firing them off too fast to notice? I'll have to retest

Here's the actual spell rotations:

Volatile Dead and Unearth(5 Corpses Placed) (VD doesn't go off, no corpses yet, normal)
Cooldown Period (Currently 5 corpses)
Volatile Dead and Cremation(4 Corpses used for VD, 1 corpse used for Cremation)
Cooldown Period (Currently 0 corpses)
Volatile Dead and Unearth (VD doesn't activate due to no corpses, 5 corpses placed by Unearth)
Cooldown Period(Currently 0 corpses)
Volatile Dead and Unearth (VD doesn't activate due to no corpses, 5 corpses placed)

Easiest way to explain is that since Volatile is by its lonesome in Pen 1, it activates every attack, but corpses are only being generated every other attack because the Unearth is alternating with Cremation.

You would need 10 APS rathern than 5 to get the same rate of volatile spawns, or only Unearth in spell 2 to avoid spell alternation.
Last edited by Xanthochroid on Feb 19, 2018, 2:07:52 PM
"
Xanthochroid wrote:

Here's the actual spell rotations:

Volatile Dead and Unearth(5 Corpses Placed) (VD doesn't go off, no corpses yet, normal)
Cooldown Period (Currently 0 corpses)
Volatile Dead and Unearth (VD doesn't activate due to no corpses, 5 corpses placed by Unearth)
Cooldown Period(Currently 0 corpses)
Volatile Dead and Unearth (VD doesn't activate due to no corpses, 5 corpses placed)

Easiest way to explain is that since Volatile is by its lonesome in Pen 1, it activates every attack, but corpses are only being generated every other attack because the Unearth is alternating with Cremation.

You would need 10 APS rathern than 5 to get the same rate of volatile spawns, or only Unearth in spell 2 to avoid spell alternation.

Ah I see what you're saying, is there a better support for unearth then? I've taken to projectile speed for now for the slight extra damage and speed on the unearths
Last edited by FinnaDieFam on Feb 19, 2018, 2:19:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info