[3.3] CI Caustic Arrow by Paige | SC/HC | Immortal | Guardians/Shaper | AFK Uber Labs | T17+

"
Stybbe wrote:
"
bullmastif wrote:
I need a little help with this build.
My current gear:
Spoiler

Other stats:
- resistances all maxed
- ES = 5,4k

I have quite some problems with bosses, kinda low damage it takes me quite some time to kill them. Don't mind flasks much, they can be easily changed.

I also have problems if you get stunned, frozen, trapped or (abyss) bleed - quick death right there.

How do you manage this issues? (without having decay damage on bow which gives like 200k DoT DPS?) Do I really have such bad gear?
Please advise me what steps should I take next ...
When will I be able to kill bosses faster and with no problems?

Increasing the level of caustic arrow is most of the damage. So try get a level 3 empower or level 4 if you have cash. Also with the new trickster change you gain energy shield from evasion on armor so you should prob try get a hybrid with evasion and energy shield. Look up Atziri's splendour with 1000+ evasion and 460+ es. The evasion will help a lot with not dying to melee.

As much as I try to calculate DOT on caustic arrow on PoB with leveled gems I cannot get over 40k ... Is this really enough for red tier maps?
Is caustic arrow really enough for bosses or should I get another bow for essence drain skills?
I crafted new bow for test with decay damage , but I'm kinda affraid it's not enough ... Should I rather use the old +2 bow?
Spoiler

Which skill is used in this build for single target (bosses, red beasts and so on..)?
Im currently testing with this gear (PoB link)
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/ziyFSDRz

Thnx in advance
Last edited by bullmastif on Mar 28, 2018, 8:28:09 AM
"
bullmastif wrote:
"
Stybbe wrote:
"
bullmastif wrote:
I need a little help with this build.
My current gear:
Spoiler

Other stats:
- resistances all maxed
- ES = 5,4k

I have quite some problems with bosses, kinda low damage it takes me quite some time to kill them. Don't mind flasks much, they can be easily changed.

I also have problems if you get stunned, frozen, trapped or (abyss) bleed - quick death right there.

How do you manage this issues? (without having decay damage on bow which gives like 200k DoT DPS?) Do I really have such bad gear?
Please advise me what steps should I take next ...
When will I be able to kill bosses faster and with no problems?

Increasing the level of caustic arrow is most of the damage. So try get a level 3 empower or level 4 if you have cash. Also with the new trickster change you gain energy shield from evasion on armor so you should prob try get a hybrid with evasion and energy shield. Look up Atziri's splendour with 1000+ evasion and 460+ es. The evasion will help a lot with not dying to melee.

As much as I try to calculate DOT on caustic arrow on PoB with leveled gems I cannot get over 40k ... Is this really enough for red tier maps?
Is caustic arrow really enough for bosses or should I get another bow for essence drain skills?
I crafted new bow for test with decay damage , but I'm kinda affraid it's not enough ... Should I rather use the old +2 bow?
Spoiler

Which skill is used in this build for single target (bosses, red beasts and so on..)?
Im currently testing with this gear (PoB link)
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/ziyFSDRz

Thnx in advance

I would use the +2 bow gem for caustic arrow and your other bow with essence drain. For bosses you make sure you have a caustic cloud on the ground and then spam essence drain. With a wither totem + despair curse aura the damage is ok.
Thanks OhhPaigey for the great build. I love me some Caustic Arrow.

I've never even ascended a character before this one, but Izaro was a breeze. Getting to do some 12+ Maps regularly without running out of portals due to deaths is great.

I still die occasionally to bosses but I am terrible player so...

Just recoloured my Armour to wear and synergize with Escape Artist

That took me a LOT of Vaal Orbs coloouring I gotta admit. Splendour sucks to colour even uncorrupted.

I'm sure I'll have more questions as I level.

Thanks again.
"
DixonBush wrote:
Thanks OhhPaigey for the great build. I love me some Caustic Arrow.

I've never even ascended a character before this one, but Izaro was a breeze. Getting to do some 12+ Maps regularly without running out of portals due to deaths is great.

I still die occasionally to bosses but I am terrible player so...

Just recoloured my Armour to wear and synergize with Escape Artist

That took me a LOT of Vaal Orbs coloouring I gotta admit. Splendour sucks to colour even uncorrupted.

I'm sure I'll have more questions as I level.

Thanks again.

All due respect, uber lab is a breeze on any half decent build and t12 as well : /

Try red elder and you'll be a sad panda. Single target dps is really really bad and your regen wont kick in because there's too much sustained damage on you.
"
All due respect, uber lab is a breeze on any half decent build and t12 as well : /

Try red elder and you'll be a sad panda. Single target dps is really really bad and your regen wont kick in because there's too much sustained damage on you.

No truer words were ever spoken my friend ...
I really hope CA gets some love with upcoming "skill revamp"
Last edited by bullmastif on Mar 29, 2018, 5:44:19 AM
Just thought I'd jot down my thoughts here.

Loved the mirage archer, seeing it pop up while I run around popping quicksilver flasks was great
Even better was the fact before I got there, my mirage archer was aimbotting happily with the massive range the skill has.

Simply put mapping is pretty easy. Until you come to the boss.

Depending on the bosses I personally found it very hard to kill most bosses without deaths if I didn't take my time. Obviously not expecting a one-shot out of a CA/ED swap build but for the bosses that could be done deathless, I found it extremely slow.

The ES regen is great but often doesn't get the chance to activate when you're constantly under damage which most bosses do T14+. Often I'd have to switch to my jugger-flicker (which isn't the best boss fighter either) to finish off map bosses.

Think mirage archer is a great skill and caustic arrow is pretty damn great too, but right now I think the investment you need into a lvl 21 CA, +2-3 6L bow and decent CI orientated ES gear is way too expensive for a mapper that struggles with bosses.

Mirage archer is pretty fucking cool though.
running a occultist version with a lil changes litterly can regen thru anything with all the new changes and shaper body armors
Ripped a ton of em but now I can add another curse in there.

Woohoo!
Hi :)
I got 36 challenges lvl94 and almost BiS gear in less than a month using Purely THIS build. Maybe the safest one I have ever played!!
So I'm just here to say a Big Fat Thank You!!
"
maugli2 wrote:
Hi :)
I got 36 challenges lvl94 and almost BiS gear in less than a month using Purely THIS build. Maybe the safest one I have ever played!!
So I'm just here to say a Big Fat Thank You!!

Thanks! <3
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info