[3.1]The Absinthe Scavenger - cremation and volatile dead with six curses [league starter]

Hi

Thanks for that.

Makes lots more sense now :)

Loving the build so far.
Hey this build looks pretty fun, how far have you managed to take it so far?
Hi as you're new to guide writing I thought I should tell you that these days it's almost mandatory to provide a pastebin link for PoB because it's a great overview for defense and offense numbers.

Moreover you should try to give us (using pob) An estimate of your DPS Vs shaper. That's kind of a benchmark

Also please at least give some numbers of life/ES values since you don't give us a video. Btw I think video is very important. I don't think your pc is too bad for it ^^

Btw: I find your build idea great and your guide is extremely well written. So don't get me wrong. But still there is something which is missing (important stuff)
"
fddldd wrote:
Hey this build looks pretty fun, how far have you managed to take it so far?

Till T10 with ease. Can run all map mods. Haven't tried Shaper/Guardian coz I had not much time to play and grind my gear. As you can see, my gear is under 20c. So maybe you can finally get to that point with better rares. Need more experienced testers, while unfortunately I am not.
"
Hi as you're new to guide writing I thought I should tell you that these days it's almost mandatory to provide a pastebin link for PoB because it's a great overview for defense and offense numbers.

Moreover you should try to give us (using pob) An estimate of your DPS Vs shaper. That's kind of a benchmark

Also please at least give some numbers of life/ES values since you don't give us a video. Btw I think video is very important. I don't think your pc is too bad for it ^^

Btw: I find your build idea great and your guide is extremely well written. So don't get me wrong. But still there is something which is missing (important stuff)

Hi! Thank you for your advises. If you really insist on a POB link, I will add it to my post later. But as I mentioned, POB does not provide a reliable damage estimate on the build for the following reasons.
  • POB has curse limits and the mod "remove curse limit" on doedre's skin does not work.
  • Malediction's bonus damage is disabled for the same reason
  • With Blasphemy, POB counts all curses as reserving mana, making things like "clear mind" (increase spell damage when no mana is reserved) unused.

For the recording, I am dying to do so but the frame rate drop seems a big issue for me. I have not tried recording anything in my life. So I may need some extra time to figure it out.

If more people are reading the post, I will definitely add a video.

Last edited by pesemire on Jan 16, 2018, 6:00:58 AM
thanks for reply
first of all PoB isn't just there to show DPS numbers. it shows an overview of defenses also. still I don't know how much ES/Life u got by looking at the guide

second you could try the following: you can edit any item you got in your gear. try add a +1 curse limit line (not sure about exact wording, you have to find it out by corrupting your amulet in PoB and see what it says). then you could further try to type +3 or +4 instead of +1.. or if PoB doesn't allow that, try +1 on other gear pieces to get your maximum curse number up.

dont need to link the spells to blasphemy for PoB. just set them active without blasphemy so it's like self-casted

videos: try PlaysTV. it automatically records any session you play including audio. then you can edit your video after your shut down your game and "upload" on playsTV. you will also have the video file in your pre-defined directory. extremly easy to do
"
thanks for reply
first of all PoB isn't just there to show DPS numbers. it shows an overview of defenses also. still I don't know how much ES/Life u got by looking at the guide

second you could try the following: you can edit any item you got in your gear. try add a +1 curse limit line (not sure about exact wording, you have to find it out by corrupting your amulet in PoB and see what it says). then you could further try to type +3 or +4 instead of +1.. or if PoB doesn't allow that, try +1 on other gear pieces to get your maximum curse number up.

dont need to link the spells to blasphemy for PoB. just set them active without blasphemy so it's like self-casted

videos: try PlaysTV. it automatically records any session you play including audio. then you can edit your video after your shut down your game and "upload" on playsTV. you will also have the video file in your pre-defined directory. extremly easy to do

I've added pob link and base stats earlier today.

POB link
Spoiler

For people who want to skip this lengthy post,
https://pastebin.com/yVWSnme0

PS: POB does not provide accurate damage estimate on this build. The mod "ignore curse limit" has no effect and all curses gems socketed in doedre's skin will reserve mana! Besides, occultist's malediction's damage potential is curbed for the same reason.

For any question, please read through the post and then post your questions below. I check the post everyday and I will always try my best to help. :)

Some base stats
"

4468 HP, 2010 Mana (this build does not reserve mana), 3632 ES

6 curses: warlord's mark, assassin's mark, despair, temporal chain, poacher's mark, enfeeble

Volatile dead: 93663 hit damage * 3 per cast + 121221 poison damage * 3 per cast against mob;

Cremation: 25420 average hit * projectile number * 3 volcanoes + 32100 poison damage * projectile number * 3 volcanoes

Unearth: 5196 average hit, 1.35 cast rate, 7982 poison damage, 5 projectiles (= 5 corpses)

82% chaos, 18% fire damage

Does not count: power charge, malediction's 24% more damage, and curse effect, clear mind jewel.

By using your method, POB can have up to 4 curses but not 6. (Whisper of doom +1, ascendancy +1, amulet corruption +1 additional curse mod --btw, amulet is the only place on your gear to get +1 curse limit mod, didn't check shaper/elder mods but I guess there is none) And you can check out by the code: https://pastebin.com/E8wcYZPV

For the video, I will try PlaysTV. Lets see what it gives. Thank you for suggestion.

One more comment: all damage posted here does not count "wither" stacks.
hey i guess i didn't make myself clear enough.
therefore i linked you a PoB file which allows you to use 6 curses.

My adjustments:
- Tree to level 92 instead of 103 ^^
- Edit several items to have "Enemies can have 1 additional Curse" [you do this by double click item in the list, then press Edit on the top right, then you can enter any mod line which you desire. Indeed PoB doesn't understand "Enemies can have 4 additional Curse(s)" so you have to do it via many items]
- In the Skills section you can drag all 6 curses into one socket group instead of having them split up (just eye candy)

Result:
https://pastebin.com/LSruLV8T

peace bro

PS: power charges, clear mind are in the damage calculation ! and now is also malediction
"
hey i guess i didn't make myself clear enough.
therefore i linked you a PoB file which allows you to use 6 curses.

My adjustments:
- Tree to level 92 instead of 103 ^^
- Edit several items to have "Enemies can have 1 additional Curse" [you do this by double click item in the list, then press Edit on the top right, then you can enter any mod line which you desire. Indeed PoB doesn't understand "Enemies can have 4 additional Curse(s)" so you have to do it via many items]
- In the Skills section you can drag all 6 curses into one socket group instead of having them split up (just eye candy)

Result:
https://pastebin.com/LSruLV8T

peace bro

PS: power charges, clear mind are in the damage calculation ! and now is also malediction

Yes. You are right. I forgot that we can actually edit an item in pob to have mods that usually can not appear on it. Thanks.

This also leads me to think "infernal mantel" is actually better than doedre's skin for it provides 16.5% more damage but you should sacrifice a tun of survivability for it. (though you can have up to 4 curses with luxury corruption on amulet, and have access to six link on chest) another problem is how to cast 4 curses with infernal mantel. Certainly, self-cast is not acceptable. But it only leaves us cwdt, which reduces gem level and orb of storm, which needs curse on hit to work but as sockets are precious in any corpse builds, I don't think there will be enough sockets for curse on hit setup.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info