[3.2] Death's Oath Spirit Burst Trickster Clearspeed Build

"
Nisteria wrote:
Yeah but if you are using these gloves, you will lost a gem-setup no ?

I started your build this week, and it's pretty nice. I'm still leveling (level 79 right now) but seems i don't have a lot of hp. And it's long enough to eat support gem for using blight :D I really need more damage for bosses :(
Not if you're using
That's a 5 link. You do lose 1-2 levels of blight which is something to the effect of 10% of your blight damage, so I would consider whether or not you want to try doing this setup before reaching level 20 on any of your blight gems. Using the hungry loop is 5 additional sockets you otherwise wouldn't have, which is especially important with this build if you want to buff despair with something like an enhance, or having all your mana reserved with auras and curses, or any of the other socket hungry requirements this build has to bring up the dps to something that scales well with t11+ maps.

Blight also isn't required as your main skill, if you enjoy dark pact and are using atziri's promise you should have enough leech to maintain it and it's more dps. Allelopathy shoehorns you into using two of your jewel sockets and blight when you could otherwise not. I still don't ahve my level 20 dark pact setup done yet so it's only hypothetically better dps, not 100% sure how it works in reality other than playing with a 5 link tabula setup which was perfectly fine.
Last edited by ArchieGriffs on Jan 5, 2018, 5:14:46 PM
I can't remplace my gloves anyway, i have too much resist on them right now :)
I will be patient and try to level up my supports gem on hungryloop !

I can already clear map really fast (without bosses) ^^
Thanks for the build btw !
Can i play this build in standard? would i be able to do even without the abyss jewels?
Would it be possible to use Righteous Fire as well in this build? Run Death' Oath with Righteous Fire and covert the fire damage to chaos?
"
Xetremer wrote:
Can i play this build in standard? would i be able to do even without the abyss jewels?
Technically yes, the abyssal jewels aren't as important, just make sure you're taking less jewel nodes and more dot/chaos/aura/aoe/life regen nodes instead and you should be fine. Lightpoacher seems to be the most expensive portion of this build on standard, at 2ex, whereas lightpoacher is 2 chaos in abyss, so it's up to you. This build can be done without lightpoacher, and is definitely viable, and I would choose blight with allelopathy over the hungry loop. If you're going for the lightpoacher version though pick up the hungry loop, that one is your second most expensive piece aside from maybe impresence, I imagine that one is quite expensive on standard. There's plenty of non abyss jewels that scale damage well, so there shouldn't be any problems. You can always start out without lightpoacher and work your way up if you're poor, death's oath is a perfect skill for mapping on its own.
"
codesmalonzo wrote:
Would it be possible to use Righteous Fire as well in this build? Run Death' Oath with Righteous Fire and covert the fire damage to chaos?
Yeah you could throw RF in there, I feel like temp chains, despair, and vitality are all vital portions of your reserved mana though, so finding a way to squeeze a purity of fire will be a bit difficult, i suppose dropping temp chains and only running a single curse setup wouldn't be bad, as your RF would kill anything that gets close. With enough investment you can get 1500 life regen, so maintaining RF would barely put a dent in your overall regen with a lvl 21 purity of fire, +2 unset ring, and ruby flask.

As for conversion it looks like you pretty much have to choose either phys to chaos or phys to fire, you can't have both. I mean it's possible to switch to fire conversion as well and try and scale light poacher's damage off that instead. Tarke Cat was messing around in POB a few days ago with a death's oath RF build, you could potentially start from there and see if you can work lightpoacher into the equation.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/216259206This is the stream in question, I wouldn't be able to tell you where specifically he fits both into the skill tree and gear, but it's in there somewhere. So long as the tree looks vaguely similar to mine he's at least messing with death's oath, if you look for how much maximum fire res he has you might be able to quickly check during parts of the stream where he's talking about using RF and Death's oath together. that whole stream is pretty useful for trying to do builds similar to this, so maybe it's something you could pick apart at your leisure and come up with your own build
Just wanted to comment here that I'm playing a similar build that you might find interesting. I am using Death's Oath with Lightpoacher and Trickster ascendancy, but that's where the similarities end. I am using Blade Vortex and Chaos Conversion, Added Chaos Damage effects to stack poisons and massively improve the build's DPS. (Currently around 1.5m DPS in ideal Path of Building conditions, around 600k-1m in more realistic conditions)

Just comparing to the videos of this build on the first post, my build atm is tankier and does more damage and clears faster. (Watching the Primordial Pool vid, I definitely kill the boss about 2-4 times faster than shown in the video) I'm certain there is still room for optimizing and improvement, but I think it is a much better all round build than trying to rely on Death's Oath and Lightpoacher entirely.

Would be interested to see if this gives other people trying Death's Oath builds any ideas.

Path of Building pastebin: https://pastebin.com/eiWh8GQg
Skilltree on PoE website

Last edited by Dyaven on Jan 11, 2018, 4:32:11 PM
"
Just wanted to comment here that I'm playing a similar build that you might find interesting. I am using Death's Oath with Lightpoacher and Trickster ascendancy, but that's where the similarities end. I am using Blade Vortex and Chaos Conversion, Added Chaos Damage effects to stack poisons and massively improve the build's DPS. (Currently around 1.5m DPS in ideal Path of Building conditions, around 600k-1m in more realistic conditions)

Just comparing to the videos of this build on the first post, my build atm is tankier and does more damage and clears faster. (Watching the Primordial Pool vid, I definitely kill the boss about 2-4 times faster than shown in the video) I'm certain there is still room for optimizing and improvement, but I think it is a much better all round build than trying to rely on Death's Oath and Lightpoacher entirely.

Would be interested to see if this gives other people trying Death's Oath builds any ideas.
To be fair there's quite a bit more currency put into your build than mine, but you're right my build is incredibly limited in terms of bossing dps, you're able to work in much much more dps into single target and damage in lightpoacher in exchange for ~40% of your death's oath damage. I can't believe how much poison damage you're able to get your light poacher to have. Anything over 30k death's aura dps is unnecessary if you can scale lightpoacher that much better. I definitely want to see how your build plays though, I'm a little skeptical that it clears faster than mine unless you're including boss killing time into the equation, but with that lightpoacher damage it's not unbelievable.
I really like the idea of this build, I've been looking for something I can just run through maps with while still retaining some single target.. I just have a question about clearspeed because in the videos you didn't show if your maps were rolled well or sextanted or anything which can greatly affect speed and survivability.. Do you think this build compares with say wander, auto-bomber, discharge, etc for clearspeed? Or do you think it lags a bit behind? I know it's a different playstyle and I think the build is really cool and well thought-out, just wondering if it's worth the investment as a map farmer for me if it's going to be significantly slower than my current wander
"
Eiiko wrote:
I really like the idea of this build, I've been looking for something I can just run through maps with while still retaining some single target.. I just have a question about clearspeed because in the videos you didn't show if your maps were rolled well or sextanted or anything which can greatly affect speed and survivability.. Do you think this build compares with say wander, auto-bomber, discharge, etc for clearspeed? Or do you think it lags a bit behind? I know it's a different playstyle and I think the build is really cool and well thought-out, just wondering if it's worth the investment as a map farmer for me if it's going to be significantly slower than my current wander
Those weren't sextanted maps, I'd have to look at the mods in the videos there's a couple times I intentionally press tab to bring them up throughout the videos, but it should be ~80 quality, I wouldn't remember the pack size off the top of my head. As for sextanted maps you can see it start to lag behind on things like killing the portals in elder maps, which apparently are nearly as good as sextants in terms of map sustain, loot etc. Single target scaling is going to be the biggest issue here in terms of whether or not this lags behind other clear skill builds, if you plan on using it to take down bosses it's going to be worse, and killing abyssal rares could be faster, but I suppose that can be fixed with 1-2 inc damage against abyssal monster jewels.

I would only use this over a wander if you see yourself enjoying playing it over a wander, if the clear is comparable and you have more fun with a build like this I'd say it's still worth it.

I can probably record a video of a sextanted atoll (2 whites) within the next couple of days, along with using dark pact instead of blight, I feel my clear is faster with dark pact, but the single target suffers slightly. If anything having more pack size helps as you're able to get more spirit burst charges and set off more chains, but I haven't ran my sextant strat long enough on this character to give enough input.
Last edited by ArchieGriffs on Jan 11, 2018, 6:29:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info