[3.2] Death's Oath Spirit Burst Trickster Clearspeed Build

"
3ryk wrote:
okay guys little update. i made some changes to the eq and jewels and i literally facetanked Uber izaro with changing weapon set and head.
For boss fights now im using sai with 500 decay chaos mod (not even sure if it works with blight)
and https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Rathpith_Globe
also changed boots for https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Atziri%27s_Step
the challenge was to achieve maximum resists cuz of boots change

im still not sure what ascendancy should i use
Weave the Arcane (can i even proc it with those little mana costs in build?)
or
Walk the Aether

The only reason why you'd grab weave the arcane is if you're reserving most of your mana and won't have enough to cast things like stone golem and abyssal cry, you can put some cool combinations on abyssal cry to make it much more useful, but generally with the 3 aoe nodes on the tree there's not a huge reason to invest in abyssal cry when you're already so limited on gems. But in this build you ideally should be reserving most of your mana, and there's cases when you'll have only ~60 mana unreserved to cast abyssal cry/stone golem. Vitality really isn't an essential part of your reserved mana until you get a watcher's eye jewel, and the second you do it's pretty much mandatory. Despair can be run as a witchfire flask instead of reserved in your mana, but even a level 2 enhance on top of the benefits despair gets from all your aura buffs by running it as blasphemy. I get roughly a 130% more multiplier to my death's oath damage from my despair fully buffed, whereas an unbuffed one accounts for ~60%, with a level 21 witchfire ending up being somewhere under 70% of your damage.

In the later stages of the build you're going to try and get as much of your mana reserved, and I'd honestly spend it on the last two scendancy nodes getting a 20-40 more mana so I can run all my auras and still have enough reserved for abyssal cry/stone golem. You could always spend one or two passive points to get more mana unreserved from one of the aura nodes, but it's really up to you, this build is pretty dependent on the passive tree over everything else for its damage, so anything that makes you sacrifice passive points for things like mana is a bad thing. it's also fairly easy to use this as a MoM build if you drop the vitality or temp chains and get your despair from witchfire or impresence, which is why it's up there as a choice.
well i got BotC and imprescence (bought lowest roll and once divined top rolled btw ^^).
i use arctic armour and tempest shield in cwd too. got around 100 mana left, so i guess its k.

tried mom, but without weave the arcane its pretty bad i guess. still improving my gears slowly even i dont see many options atm, all i can upgrade is head( currently running with some random 100+hp helmet* only cuz i got 40blight dmg there), gloves and maybe shield that offers more than Rathpith
Last edited by 3ryk on Dec 29, 2017, 3:26:19 AM
"
3ryk wrote:
well i got BotC and imprescence (bought lowest roll and once divined top rolled btw ^^).
i use arctic armour and tempest shield in cwd too. got around 100 mana left, so i guess its k.

tried mom, but without weave the arcane its pretty bad i guess. still improving my gears slowly even i dont see many options atm, all i can upgrade is head( currently running with some random 100+hp shield only cuz i got 40blight dmg there), gloves and maybe shield that offers more than Rathpith
If you haven't gotten a vitality watcher's eye yet I'd probably do that next, definitely more expensive than the other two upgrades, but it's well worth it imo if you're trying to make red maps fairly comfortable to farm. If you can sacrifice the resistances insanity crafted gloves are really nice for clear speed.. also an expensive option.
I built this character last league.
I'd like your opinion of how I built for Death Aura.

I've been debating making a guide for my version.
"
Kade_wolf wrote:
I built this character last league.
I'd like your opinion of how I built for Death Aura.

I've been debating making a guide for my version.
Yeah I made one in 3.0 as well, it changes quite a bit when you add lightpoacher and all the other uniques added in with this league. Assuming your profile lets me see characters I'll take a look at it, there's a lot more ways than mine to build death's oath.

Edit:
Looked at it, going scion is kind of tempting because of all the extra passive nodes you can get, it would either let you get a lot more jewel sockets which is fantastic this league or get more aura nodes. Your passive tree/class choice is the only thing that's really that much different form the one I made in 3.0, the use of decay in shied charge is pretty cool, I only recently saw the benefit that decay could bring outside of directly linking it to one of your main skills, I'm tempted to essence craft a shaped/elder item to get decay on hit + a 20% phys to chaos roll and then craft attack speed onto it, wouldn't be much more different from innsbury's edge except it will give my lightpoacher a free decay which I'll be able to swap out that gem and boost its damage substantially.

I'm not sure why you didn't grab the aura nodes in the top right of the scion passive area, it's a 50% increase in area of effect, and pretty much essential imo because it lets you run concentrated effect without any need or reason to think about using an increased aoe gem on death's oath. Though to be fair getting enough life on the tree is a bit annoying so I can see why you'd go down near the slayer passives, I just think you missed out on the second strongest node death's oath can take advantage of, the strongest being the aura node up by CI. Then again it's really hard to tell how massive of an increase the area of effect is from that single node, I'd have to keep removing that point and adding it back, and death's oath's range is kind of annoying to see, easily the worst part about the build, because it also makes it not a very visually pleasing build unless you add something light lightpoachers.

My 3.0 character was Deaths_Oats if you want to take a look at what I did back then. To my knowledge there's only Pohx's berserker death's oath and a occultist death's oath on the forum at the moment aside from mine, so you might be the only scion to make a guide if you did. Grabbing more abyss jewels seems to be its biggest advantage over other classes for death's oath.
Last edited by ArchieGriffs on Dec 30, 2017, 4:42:57 AM
Thanks for sharing. That ring instead of Allelopathy is a good idea.

I'm also trying death's oath. I went occultist and hybrid. I trigger huge explosions with Profane Bloom and Obliteration. Can run through any map, but unfortunately I am not as tanky as you are and bosses are a pain because I just can't stand still to cast. I suppose the high life regen and chaos leech is helping you a lot.

Here's a pob link if you're interested: https://pastebin.com/nXcPX2jA

I just bought an Impresence but not sure yet how to fit it in.
"
conopatrick wrote:
Thanks for sharing. That ring instead of Allelopathy is a good idea.

I'm also trying death's oath. I went occultist and hybrid. I trigger huge explosions with Profane Bloom and Obliteration. Can run through any map, but unfortunately I am not as tanky as you are and bosses are a pain because I just can't stand still to cast. I suppose the high life regen and chaos leech is helping you a lot.

Here's a pob link if you're interested: https://pastebin.com/nXcPX2jA

I just bought an Impresence but not sure yet how to fit it in.

The only part where the leech comes in is for the spirit burst, I use atziri's disfavor to offset any phys reflect that the chaos conversion doesn't quite cover. Though I guess if you use dark pact the leech plays a much larger part, and from my initial testing the damage is better than blight by a pretty substantial amount.

I don't see anything initially wrong with your build, but I feel like you lose out a bit by going hybrid in this particular case even though you have fairly high ehp. If you were to switch to ES only you get the added benefit of being able to go CI and negate any of the chaos damage death's oath gives you, which is ironically one of the few times anyone would ever get recommended to go CI nowadays. I'd personally grab more ES nodes, drop the life nodes, and get the aura nodes along with zealot's oath and just focus purely on ES. And then probably switch the belt out for a stygian with a high ES roll and then make sure your jewels are all filled with ES as well. Your belt is pretty strong, but at the same time it's really easy to get a non-stygian because well abyss league. Because of blight's short range on top of being a channeled skill basically means there's not many ways around having a lot of life regeneration. I never thought to use obliteration though, that seems incredibly strong, I imagine mapping is pretty fun with it, it's a shame it's a wand though and can't be used with a movement skill. I've never tested abberath's hooves either so I'm not really the best to judge how well your build performs.
Last edited by ArchieGriffs on Dec 31, 2017, 4:21:38 AM
Hello,

"

A 5 off-color Death's Oath is needed and will typically run up a cost of 1000-1500 jewelers using the vorici jeweler method.

Why ?

Best regards.
"
NemesoK wrote:
Hello,

"

A 5 off-color Death's Oath is needed and will typically run up a cost of 1000-1500 jewelers using the vorici jeweler method.

Why ?

Best regards.

cost me much more than 2k jews :D had few times 5th offcolour but wrong one ^^ after one i gave up and respecced to ed contagion. for 1 hour. this build is too fking awesome
"
cost me much more than 2k jews :D had few times 5th offcolour but wrong one ^^ after one i gave up and respecced to ed contagion. for 1 hour. this build is too fking awesome

Oh my bad, I think it is because it is an Armour and it is hard to hit the 3Blue2Green1Red, right ?

Chromatics is not better than the vorici's progressive method?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info