[3.1] "The Pencromancer" by Loate - (Summon Skeleton/Dark Pact)(Shaper/Red Elder down) SC

"
Loate wrote:
"
openallhours wrote:
i just got Cospri's on after farking myself over with not enough Dex to see you'v changed your chest to Belly and changed some of the gem set ups mainly auras.. can you up date us on whats going on...

Edit: Dam you really have altered your tree a lot... dumped off MoM, Berseking, added in Whispers of Doom, added in more AoE. when will you update the main page? And is Belly really a better option? as that really makes this build harder to complete especially if you have it as BiS. Belly are not cheap even 1 socketed. and the belly prophecy has climbed in price as well.

EDit2: WTF dude assassin mark ring ..... Would a Carcass Jack work instead of a belly?

OAH

Yeah, I'm trying out a bunch of different stuff to see what feels best. Don't worry, I'll update when I have a sense of what the different options provide :)

well I am trying out 6L carcass jack at the moment and altered my tree as I don't need whispering doom as my amulet has +1 curse
I did manage to get a lvl 12 assassin mark ring so happy I can try that out as well.

Will update as i test.

Edit: Just had a Belly drop but quite frankly will prefer to keep my 6L carcass Jack the Area damage [stacks nicely wth Conc Effect] and the inc AoE is so nice and makes mapping a lot easier and means I can drop off the Inc AoE nodes you added in the witch area. Also Hex Master is so good for Despair's range since you changed it from CoH to Blasphemy.

Cheers
OAH
Last edited by openallhours on Dec 30, 2017, 8:28:20 PM
I wonder have you tried Power Siphon? Since it gives Power Charges and do have a built in Culling Strike.
"
I wonder have you tried Power Siphon? Since it gives Power Charges and do have a built in Culling Strike.

I just tested:

Power siphon:
it works ok, but considering I get max power charges from the Assassin ascendancy nodes its not really required having the culling strike is nice it would mean you could replace with another status effect, dmg , or other support gem. It doesn't feel as smooth as barrage with the frenetic amount of projectile barrage gives you. [Qlty 20%]

Kinetic Blast:
This feels better than power siphon and the small AoE explosions helps quite nicely. Hard to tell as I was only testing them on Blood Aqueduct. Will try KB in a map see how it handles. I know Barrage works well. [Qlty: 0%]

both Gems were only lvl 1

Edit: I was trying to figure out why Kinetic blast was feeling slower then I remembered that it alternate wands when dual wielding so it felt so Slow in comparison to Barrage.
Due to running out of chromes after doing the tests I am going to drop off blind and add in Innervate support gem see how that goes.

Cheers
OAH
Last edited by openallhours on Dec 30, 2017, 10:30:29 PM
"

So the main reason I picked Barrage is because Life Gain on Hit is our primary defensive mechanism, and that means we want as many hits as possible. Kinetic Blast probably has better potential life restore on packs, but we pretty much delete packs anyways, and it's the bosses we have to worry about, so that's why I think Barrage pulls ahead.

That being said, if you plan to run this solely as a map runner ignoring bosses, then KB is likely better. Power Siphon I don't think synergizes well with this particular build.
Loate: you seen the stupid prices for the Watcher's eye with Vitality+clarity mods? [On ASC]

they start as low as 6ex and go to 30ex...

OAH

OMG: I bought this one for 60c:

Last edited by openallhours on Dec 30, 2017, 11:02:02 PM
I've been trying different support gems for the Barrage set up.

So far tried Decay and Innervate.
I feel that Innervate is a better option as it adds in a decent amount of shock and adds lightning damage to the barrage. Which helps with the damage from Dark pact.

Decay would work better if there was a way to use the % chaos damage stat on the gem otherwise all you get is decay on hit which does work well for the various mobs and even some of the Rares and unique bosses. But its only half the gem used while the Innervate gems you get ALL of it.

I find that killing bosses does take ages hoping this will change once I get the Occultist ascendancy nodes. and the -15% to chaos Res which will make those dam bosses with Chaos RES easier to deal with. But Since I HATE uber labs and the trials this may be some time before I get it.

Lvl 78 at the moment and mapping well slowly building up my map pool only been able to do T9 maps haven't had a T10 drop yet.

So my Current gear so far:

Cheers
OAH

"
openallhours wrote:
Loate: you seen the stupid prices for the Watcher's eye with Vitality+clarity mods? [On ASC]

OAH

Yeah, I managed to snag one with LGoH vitality and then phys taken as cold with purity of elements. I think the ideal one would be Vitality and percent mana returned on Clarity (for MoM), but good luck finding one.
"
openallhours wrote:
I've been trying different support gems for the Barrage set up.

So far tried Decay and Innervate.
I feel that Innervate is a better option as it adds in a decent amount of shock and adds lightning damage to the barrage. Which helps with the damage from Dark pact.

Decay would work better if there was a way to use the % chaos damage stat on the gem otherwise all you get is decay on hit which does work well for the various mobs and even some of the Rares and unique bosses. But its only half the gem used while the Innervate gems you get ALL of it.

I find that killing bosses does take ages hoping this will change once I get the Occultist ascendancy nodes. and the -15% to chaos Res which will make those dam bosses with Chaos RES easier to deal with. But Since I HATE uber labs and the trials this may be some time before I get it.

Lvl 78 at the moment and mapping well slowly building up my map pool only been able to do T9 maps haven't had a T10 drop yet.

So my Current gear so far:

Cheers
OAH

Yeah, getting the minus chaos resist from Uber lab makes a HUGE difference on bosses (along with using a Wither totem). After I got that it was night and day in terms of being able to burn down map bosses. Shaper and guardians are still tanks though :/
"
Loate wrote:
"
openallhours wrote:

OAH

Yeah, I managed to snag one with LGoH vitality and then phys taken as cold with purity of elements. I think the ideal one would be Vitality and percent mana returned on Clarity (for MoM), but good luck finding one.

there was a Watcher's eye with that on poe.trade for 30ex.. lower rolled ones dropped down but not by much.. The one that converts some of your mana to max ES was around 80ex..

OAH
Updated with Shaper clear video. Alternate gear selection update coming soon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info