An Update to the Volatile Dead Helmet Enchantment

I play VD myself and was already like "what were they thinking ? " when I saw the enchant.
Surprised they change mid league, but it's reasonable and won't stop me from playing it.
ign: UpForJava
everyone knew the enchant would be nerfed to the ground and it's not questionable at all that it should be nerfed but doing it mid league is beyond retarded...
at this point i am deciding if i want to spend the time building up a character in the future if they just nerf it mid league anyway.
this shouldnt be a thing and will definately push players away from the game

ggg messed up so hard on this!
Last edited by cream69 on Dec 19, 2017, 1:55:28 PM
Only played around with VD on Poet's Pens and it seemed fairly strong even then, I couldn't even imagine having twice as many.

But on the other hand, retroactively nerfing characters that people spent a lot of currency on is a bit of a dumb move, even if it was dumb on both parts (players should have known it was a bit strong, GGG for nerfing it mid league and calling it a bug).
Last edited by Akutare on Dec 19, 2017, 2:10:09 PM
Hey, guys, i thought a little about this situation and realised that there is a bright spot!

When people in Diablo, WoW and other Blizzard games used "bugs" their accounts were completely banned. So, the GGG decision is very friendly and soft.
Spoiler
Just kidding. Behavior like that is a mockery from devs.
To argue with a fool means to sink to his level.
If this were actually a bug it would have been changed to 1/2 instead of 0/1. Removing from merc lab tips your hand.
Tbh VD is pretty op, I killed elder and the guardians on yellow maps st lv 76-78, without helm enchant. Didn't even get to experience those bosses mechanics cos they all got killed before much happened.and that's without helm enchant and low lvl, relatively crappy gears as well

But changing the enchant 2 weeks in when people already spent tons of time and currency to aquire it is wrong, this is not starcraft or league of legends that's competitive, no need to balance it before the league is over, let people have some fun
Im not even playing VD and I feel this'fix' was approached wrong.

They really had three options. Leave it for the league and nerf it for 3.2, or make current helms legacy and impliment the change going forward ( this would of hurt the market in a different way.)

Or do it how they did and change all current helms.

I think the first option would of been the fairest overall. I also feel the optuon they went with ends up hurting too many of the playerbase that invested huge amounts of currency and time into getting the enchant.

This was a huge missstep for GGG

Crap...

That's not a bug but:
- Volatile Dead Dominus freeze day1 was a bug
- No damage on explosion when Volatile Dead spawn outside of line of vision was a bug

By doing this:
- You absolutely not encourage people to try new builds as a league starter
- You have no respect to people who spent all their currency/time since 10 days

And to every people who say, stop crying this enchant was too OP:
- It is as OP as every 10+ Ex items in the game, and I saw much more OP builds than that...
- I assume they are Ok that EVERYONE get a reset of their currency at this point, No reason that a part of the community lose all their currency those last days
i wonder what made ggg straight up lie at their players this time?

obviously the power level of the enchant isnt the point... they prooved that they dont care about stuff like that. at least not as much to "hotfix" it.

i really want to know why they have to lie and call that a fix-worthy "bug"
Last edited by cream69 on Dec 19, 2017, 3:33:45 PM
Ppls. how u think - in theory with nerf enchant we drop us DPS from ~2-2.1m to ~1.3-1.5.

This DPS enough for endgame content?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info