An Update to the Volatile Dead Helmet Enchantment

I havent played VD in this league nor do i grind any uber lab enchantment. Yet, i cant see any "bug" about the enchantment. The enchantment itself is simply "OP", or in another words "carelessly/mistakenly designed". This kind of nerf amid a league is very unhealthy to the community imo. Who can guarantee that there wouldnt be another "bug-fixing" in the future when players spent so many effort to exchange for these gears for a particular build?

The last time this kind of brutal nerf occurred is the "spell echo + LA" combination fixing in perandus league. However the perandus nerf was carried out at almost the end of the league. GGG should elaborate why it is a bug (e.g. calculation error in the damage like the Kikazaru+Self-Flagellation bug in the last league). Otherwise, I really think the fix shouldnt be done at the beginning of the league.
"
Changing something this drastically mid-league sets a bad precedent. Not a fan of doing this and I hope GGG reconsider.

Dude you are hoping in vain. GGG doesn't like stuff that makes a joke of the game and if they considered it worthy of "we have to fix this insanity now" then you can guarantee it's not going to be left as is.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
100% Ethical, most of the time.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"
BEASTFSHO wrote:
9 days is not mid-league people. Get over yourselves. Make another build and enjoy the game crybabies.

............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`
11 days after the league is as soon as possible? Has been 1 week since I saw a build with poets pen and the enchatment overpowering content easy.
You guys need to act faster.

For the people crying about mid-league changes, I hope they bring back more mid-league changes, I hated when they went if the philosphy of no mid league changes. That enchant needed nerf as soon as possible.
Remember there was once a time where GGG policy about mid league nerf was that was OK. I hope they bring back that policy again.
IGN: Pumar, Pumam , PumarR , PumaPunch , PumaWander , PumaCleave, PumaSlams
Last edited by ropumar on Dec 18, 2017, 9:58:34 PM
"
iorganic wrote:
OMEGALUL rip waggle

calling this is a "bug fix" is kind of a joke. can't you just say "we fucked up and released a helm enchant that was too strong/not intended to be in the game"

In case you haven't noticed GGG has one of the best marketing teams out of all video game companies. Zero chance they ever admit to a mistake like this.
"
Sacr0 wrote:
i agree with the nerf because the enchant was too strong. but this is a fresh league and some people playing VD bought those enchants for a lot of currency. now they might loose most of their ingame wealth due to the fix.

Please make it so that existing mods will be treated as legacy enchants and let us keep our helmets as they are!

So you want to keep your broken item and farm the league for the next 11 weeks+ and lord it over other players while you make bank? is that what you're saying?
100% Ethical, most of the time.
Hurray for not being able to afford the enchant in the first place. Suck a dick overpriced sellers! Enjoy dat 1 alch return on your investment.
"
BEASTFSHO wrote:
9 days is not mid-league people. Get over yourselves. Make another build and enjoy the game crybabies.

nah probably like 8 days now that they are getting rid of another potential chase item.
"
Vaydra wrote:
"
Sad to say, but it looks like people, who protect devs here is too young to realise what is really happening.

Yes, the enchant was OP, but all the rules of the league were declared at a start in patch notes. Changing the rules when the game already starts is bad. And if you, guys, let it be, the devs will look at that and think: "Hey, they approve that! We can do it again, if we want". And they will, and even because of less reasonable "bugs" (Jesus, look at those idiotic assassin nerfes...)

You act like people, who used that OP enchantment are your enemy. And it is right behavior... if the game is perfect. But it is not. It has optimisation on the level 15-years old indian boy could make. It has no logics in most gameplay changes... There is A LOT of room to improve the game.

And you, guys, need to protect each other. Today sudden nerf like that has its influence over people, who played VD. Some weeks later there will be another nerf, which can (and will) touch some of you. Or may be it will be other kind of situation, which anyway will disappoint some players.

Remember: the game is for joy. Not for being upset. And comunity must be strong and united. Your real enemy is hypotetical dev, who tries to make a bullshit instead of AAA project. Do not approve wrong decisions. Be smart. And you will get your joy in return.

GGG don't like to do this sort of nerf, they have stated it many times. It used to be commonplace that skills were adjusted during leagues and is now only reserved for "this is insane combo is producing numbers that are unacceptable".

My guess is some of the players that are complaining are the ones that realise how massively OP the enchant is/was in combination with other items and skill setups. They will try anything and say anything to retain their ROFLstomp build. They don't have the game's interests at heart. They are totally selfish and out for their own interests.

For the other players who don't realise how OP the enchant is/was and bought the enchant anyway, why would you spend 30-45ex to get an enchant on a 40c item? Because all the reddits say if you're playing VD you HAVE to get this enchant it's massively broken!

Looking at the numbers not only +3 is unacceptable +2 is as well! That alone shows how broken +3 is.

I have the game interests in my heart. And i decided to skip this league, because i dont see tha game improving.

I think, there are some people like me (mostly old players, may be), but our count is too small. The game becomes more popular with each league and the total players count increases. So, the devs will not see any reason to improve the game, because more and more people just buy supporter packs. Why fix that what is not broken? So... the devs dont have the game interests in heart. Only money. It is a buisness already. Not a game for the d2 fans.

May be i am too pessimistic here, but i really dont wanna spend my time on activity that does not give me joy and/or money.
To argue with a fool means to sink to his level.
actually pissed
spent 40+ex in league to play the character, and now it's for nothing
fuck off

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info