[3.1] Volatile Berserker (Poet's Pen + Volatile Dead) | 8-9K Life | Incredible DPS | Easy Leveling

If you want to see a really effective setup, check out my berserker TellYouLaterMate.

I ran ulab with a belt switch, cyclops an with vitality corruption. I turn off my amulet 22 anger til izaro- it's just not needed for lvl 75 mobs. Maybe Argus if you're really weak?

I've come across some beautiful jewels with my kaoms- spell, dw spell, fire % and most importantly 7% life. Remember when looking to buy jewels you only get 2 prefix and 2 suffix. Life is a prefit so that's a limitation.

I don't have carnage but I do have 7500 life and warbringer with an incredible 1.8 's cd. My rally is linked with lighting golem, arcane surge and increased duration. Why? My surget procs + spell with every lvl 20 golem cast and the duration is longer than the cool down (almost 8 secs per golem cast!!!). My vd with cool down belt plus boots at only 25% is .2 so 5aps = 20 balls a second. I do have a nice 20% cd belt but it's not nearly as pretty as the triple shaped belt I use (cd, 35% spell dmg during flask and reduce dmg taken from critical strikes...).

I also took rite of ruin and the opposite side of carnage. 100% leech of your dmg is op and the dmg boost, incredible.

I looked over other guides but felt like doing my own thing in the tree. I skipped out on working for crit and multi. I took elemental overload instead and it's always up even with 5% critical aND a diamond flask. Instead I picked up spell damage, fire damage, life and such.

I gotta say there really is a lot of versatility with this wand and berserker. My immortal call almost always has 3 end charges since the cool down on enduring is under 2s per use. My rally cry lasts am insane 24s.

If you really have trouble with ulab there's always the option of running that new shield with 50% war cry cool down which potentially could be 1 sec cd on enduring. Even better, put a 23% increased duration with it instead of rallying cry, bam- unkillable. Stand on traps, spam enduring. Heal like a boss ^_^

If you want my pob let me know, I'd be glad to share my progress.
Today i tried myself with Path of Building but i think i do something wrong..

if i import your pathofbuilding link.. your character has 4.05 aps..
if i import my character it says just 2.81.. but i can't see a difference at the talents or the items (means no other attackspeed nots or jewels)

if i look on my frenzy aps ingame it says 2.81 too.. how can your past bin character have 4.05 aps? :o
How do you get the 138 dexterity needed for starkonja?
With only 64 dex from base and passive tree, there is still a need to get 74 more dex from items and jewels. Do you just get dex on every single jewel and some items or am I missing something?
"
tesken wrote:
How do you get the 138 dexterity needed for starkonja?
With only 64 dex from base and passive tree, there is still a need to get 74 more dex from items and jewels. Do you just get dex on every single jewel and some items or am I missing something?

Snapshot Starkonja if you're lacking the Dexterity.
Hi, im just starting to gear up my char and i have a question regarding Kaoms.

I'm currently using a Cloak of Defiance with MOM and plan to change it since I will no longer be able to sustain MOM going for the watcher eye and Anger.

In my chest I have a cast on crit setup with Frenzy-GMP-CoC-Cremation-incresedCritical (no 6 link). Since cremation is a 8 second skill, CoC procs are more than enough with a little crit, and it also benefits greatly from GMP.

I don't believe the 30-40% damage from Kaoms can match 3 cremations at once. Considering this, would a Belly be a good option? How much less defense is it versus Kaoms?
Switch from EO to Crit with Acutiy.

Few problems.
1. APS is very low. Probably, Going to buy Enlightenment lvl 3 or 4 and use Anger + Haste to speed up AS.
2. Damage is quite low in compared to EO skill tree. Around 22k instead of 40K with EO buff but maybe I did not take Critmulti in consideration.
3. Survivability is very good. Life leech from Ber + Acuity is so OP.
Using Frenzy + GMP + CoH+ Flammabity atm but going to switch to Frenzy + GMP + FA + Cull to increase AS soon.

With
and 2 abyss jews
VD Fire pen is around -27% .
Next upgrade will be Watcher's eye with - 15% Fire pen so I can drop out Flammability.

I've been running this build for a couple weeks now and i must say it's a pleasure to play this.It's basically like srs with leech.I'm sure the nerfs will hit pens hard next league but whatever enjoy while it lasts.
Not even sure what to progress other than a opal/boot enchant and eventually some well rolled cdr rares.I went alittle more tanky in my setup I'm sitting at 9.2k life.Haste is over rated imo if you dont need the attack speed.
What this build does lack is move speed so i grabbed that particular watchers eye jewel not only for the movement speed but the grace adds a nice little layer of extra mitigation on top of the huge life pool.Also for those who didnt take war bringer..Well its amazing and it's saved me countless times not to mention you dont need a life flask anymore since its like a instant flask every 2 seconds.I think i may even spec a 6th jewel socket by blood drinker and add the red nightmare in templar area. 5% fire dmg as extra chaos,14% extra block if i recall plus the perm end charges while mapping for our Immortal call cwdt setup.Also i just want to add that the rotgut quicksilver flask looks really nice with this build considering we always have frenzies.
Last edited by GareBear on Jan 10, 2018, 10:25:58 PM
Do you use the 'Total DPS' number, or the 'Average Hit' number to calculate Volatile Dead's DPS? I assume you use the Average Hit then x16 with the assumption of matching 4 aps. If I use the 'Average Hit' number I have 1.377mil DPS but if I use the 'Total DPS' number I get 2.358mil DPS. I highly doubt my DPS is over 2mil.

Extra Question: Any idea why Frenzy Charges actually increase my Volatile Dead damage? I thought all Frenzy Charges do was increase attack speed, not the actual damage.

Last edited by ngoof1 on Jan 11, 2018, 6:05:57 AM
Frenzy charges have always given a flat 4% MORE damage boost per frenzy charge, they're just generally not worth the investment unless you're using a skill that further increases damage with frenzy charges or you have SOME way to stack multiple benefits of having extra charges.

So my wife just got a Kaom's, and she's thinking of running this build or A version of PPVD nonsense.

Is there an agreed upon "best class" for this?

From 10 minutes of research, it looks like it's either going to be Scion with Slayer/Assassin ascendancy or Berserker, does anyone have a list of pros and cons for the different builds or know where to find a good list? There's lots of information out there, but it's spread across multiple threads and hundreds of posts. We're talking ~10 exa budget so I'm looking for something that doesn't need things like Acuity and 5exa+ watcher eyes to be good.
Last edited by JermStudDog on Jan 11, 2018, 10:58:05 AM
Have you tried Empower + Unearth to get a Lvl 87 corpse? I'm doing it right now, but I'm not sure if it makes VD any stronger.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info