[3.1] Budget FrostBolt Totems 1mil+ dps on 6link -Fast clear -Guardians & Shaper down!

"
blubaer wrote:

The build is very safe as it though, im chaining tier 12-15 alch vaal n' go maps at the moment and ive died once the last 12 hours due to being sleepy and not reading double aoe map mod on Villa map. Got slammed pretty good by dominus dmg mod a screen away :D And im also playing very risky.

Also make sure to play with 2 curse immune flasks. There are no required unique flasks in this build so that shouldn't be a problem.

And no problem, i hope you enjoy the build if you decide to try it!

Thanks for the quick response and pob tree! Leveling it as we speak and loving it. Took the 2 passives instead of alira accidentally so hopefully I won't regret that. I can hopefully get everything besides the Mana Regen in a jewel. Tree is also a little weird since I started before the leveling tree addition in the post but I'll just use some extra regrets later on.

About the dual curse flasks, I'm coming over from Bob's dark pact build which used kikazaru & guardian ascendancy. Why do you prefer curse immune flasks over 2 kikazaru for 80% curse reduction and then maybe being able to still ascend hiero (especially in SC). The damage bonus against higher hp bosses from stacking curses paired with power charge on placement seems like it could be substantial
"
kamcnult wrote:
"
blubaer wrote:

The build is very safe as it though, im chaining tier 12-15 alch vaal n' go maps at the moment and ive died once the last 12 hours due to being sleepy and not reading double aoe map mod on Villa map. Got slammed pretty good by dominus dmg mod a screen away :D And im also playing very risky.

Also make sure to play with 2 curse immune flasks. There are no required unique flasks in this build so that shouldn't be a problem.

And no problem, i hope you enjoy the build if you decide to try it!

Thanks for the quick response and pob tree! Leveling it as we speak and loving it. Took the 2 passives instead of alira accidentally so hopefully I won't regret that. I can hopefully get everything besides the Mana Regen in a jewel. Tree is also a little weird since I started before the leveling tree addition in the post but I'll just use some extra regrets later on.

About the dual curse flasks, I'm coming over from Bob's dark pact build which used kikazaru & guardian ascendancy. Why do you prefer curse immune flasks over 2 kikazaru for 80% curse reduction and then maybe being able to still ascend hiero (especially in SC). The damage bonus against higher hp bosses from stacking curses paired with power charge on placement seems like it could be substantial

That is an excellent question, and I've actually thought about it, it's a shame being so close to picking up 200% inc damage and not taking it. But to be honest I havn't seen any reason to do it so far. Im killing high red-tier bosses just fine no matter the mods. I think im gonna check more into this if i feel that the guardians/shaper are too slow.

// I checked stats on PoB and it's definitely a huge damage boost. gaining about 90k dps. Question is if the curses will make us too vulnerable since we still take 20% of them. Also we drop haste and 1 rare ring with life/res or a potential 10% quant ventors.

I mean the better option in my opinion would be to have a boss killer to swap to if doing guardians/shaper and going full quantity mode. But i'd have to test it, would probably be a huge qol to not care about the curses

Also had a discussion with another guy who recommended pure talent which is great for this build. Stats and ele pen

Last edited by blubaer on Dec 18, 2017, 2:38:23 AM
So I picked up this build before you updated everything and ended up speccing out through the bottom of the scion tree and going up around to the templar side instead of going there from the side. I was planning on just respeccing the 7 points it would take from that first tree you posted. I'm assuming this still works fine compared to what you have listed now in your trees?
Hi, I'm also playing a Shimmeron Totem build, but I'm using Spark.

I just have something to share. There is actually another way to generate power charges, using the old DoT bug with totem. If a DoT kills a monster, even if it's created by a totem, the player gets the kill count, so on kill effect will trigger on the player. That means using the combo of Southbound and a little bit of fire damage on your spell to ignite, you'll get to proc power charge on kill effects from Victario's Acuity, Blue Dream, etc. Since you're using Shimmeron and most likely have over 90% effective crit chance, ignite should proc pretty consistently.

This way you can actually take Guardian and do the Self-flagellation + Kikazaru + Soul Mantle combo for that sweet 100%+ increased damage. Guardian's 10% ms when affected by aura is pretty nice too, just run clarity if you're afraid aura reserving too much mana for MoM.

The problem is that with this method you can't have cold damage, because you'll just freeze the mobs and kill it normally instead of a DoT. And if your burn damage is not high enough, some mobs with life regen mod won't die. The later is a big problem for me in higher tier maps, so I'm considering switching to a fire spell or a cold spell converting to fire, luckily there's Cold to Fire support and Avatar of Fire is just 1 node away. On another thought, Dark Pact with some poison chance should work pretty well too.
Last edited by sunflower204 on Dec 18, 2017, 5:05:48 AM

Just got to mapping and this is my current gear. Passive tree is ofc still pretty empty too (lvl 70), but I still only get 27k dps per Totem. Is the damage all in the last passives, crit from ring/ammy and frostbolt levels? It's pretty fun, but bosses are tedious atm.
"
blubaer wrote:

// I checked stats on PoB and it's definitely a huge damage boost. gaining about 90k dps. Question is if the curses will make us too vulnerable since we still take 20% of them. Also we drop haste and 1 rare ring with life/res or a potential 10% quant ventors.

I mean the better option in my opinion would be to have a boss killer to swap to if doing guardians/shaper and going full quantity mode. But i'd have to test it, would probably be a huge qol to not care about the curses

Also had a discussion with another guy who recommended pure talent which is great for this build. Stats and ele pen

The pure talent is a good point, maybe i'll see how it fares compared to the abyss jewels. And I think you're right about the kikazaru, they tend to lean towards bossing if you aren't going guardian for the last 20%. I feel like in maps you'd only have 2-4 up at a time and really don't need the extra DPS but during bosses you'd have plenty of them up. Maybe i'll check it out on some easier maps to see how it feels with 8 up but if you don't need the DPS to quicken fights then maybe curse flasks are the way to go. If you want a better idea on what the 20% curses are/do check out Milky's Righteous Fire guide. He uses a soul mantle w/kikazaru without guardian. He has a section on what the remaining 20% curses are under the general info tab. Just so you don't have to go searching I've attached them here:

"
Milkyslice wrote:

Poachers Mark: 9.8% less evasion, life/mana gained on hit and frenzy on kill are meaningless

Projectile Weakness: 10% knockback from Projectiles, Projectiles deal 8.8% more damage

Temporal Chains: should have no effect with its 40% reduced effect on players. If it still has an effect its a 5.8% slow

Assassins Mark: 1,8% critchance, 4% critmulti

Conductivity: 8,8% lightning resistance, 2.8% chance to shock by lightning dmg

Elemental Weakness: 7,8% elemental resistances

Enfeeble: 5% reduced critchance, 6% less damage

Flammability: 8,8% Fire resistance, 2.8% chance to be ignited by fire dmg

Frostbite: 8,8% Cold resistance, 2.8% chance to be Frozen by cold dmg

Vulnerability: 5,8% more physical damage taken, 6,6% more dot damage taken

Punishment: we dont attack and don´t apply the "punisher" buff. Should have no effect.

Warlords mark: 6% reduced stun and block recovery, 0,4% leech and 2% chance to be stunned

Numbers are rounded UP in the game

// One more thought i had. If you're looking for some effective boss DPS without switching to kikazaru would taking elemental equilibrium be effective with vaal lightning trap?
Last edited by kamcnult on Dec 18, 2017, 11:22:55 AM
"
Schwachsinn wrote:

Just got to mapping and this is my current gear. Passive tree is ofc still pretty empty too (lvl 70), but I still only get 27k dps per Totem. Is the damage all in the last passives, crit from ring/ammy and frostbolt levels? It's pretty fun, but bosses are tedious atm.

Nothing wrong with gear, and i had no problems at any level. so if you could share PoB maybe? :)

Also have you done cruel lab for hierophant?
Last edited by blubaer on Dec 18, 2017, 11:17:11 AM
I'm using a similar totem build, but I went assassin instead of pathfinder, I reallocated to assassin too and I picked totemic mastery. I also use kikazaru.

I really love how good totems are with Shimmeron.
Thank you for an awesome build! I have a couple of questions:
Have you ever tried guardians?
How much QoL does Soul Mantle provide? I'm level 79 and still using Tabula. I feel myself pretty fine :>
"
kamcnult wrote:
"
blubaer wrote:

The pure talent is a good point, maybe i'll see how it fares compared to the abyss jewels. And I think you're right about the kikazaru, they tend to lean towards bossing if you aren't going guardian for the last 20%. I feel like in maps you'd only have 2-4 up at a time and really don't need the extra DPS but during bosses you'd have plenty of them up. Maybe i'll check it out on some easier maps to see how it feels with 8 up but if you don't need the DPS to quicken fights then maybe curse flasks are the way to go. If you want a better idea on what the 20% curses are/do check out Milky's Righteous Fire guide. He uses a soul mantle w/kikazaru without guardian. He has a section on what the remaining 20% curses are under the general info tab. Just so you don't have to go searching I've attached them here:

"
Milkyslice wrote:

Poachers Mark: 9.8% less evasion, life/mana gained on hit and frenzy on kill are meaningless

Projectile Weakness: 10% knockback from Projectiles, Projectiles deal 8.8% more damage

Temporal Chains: should have no effect with its 40% reduced effect on players. If it still has an effect its a 5.8% slow

Assassins Mark: 1,8% critchance, 4% critmulti

Conductivity: 8,8% lightning resistance, 2.8% chance to shock by lightning dmg

Elemental Weakness: 7,8% elemental resistances

Enfeeble: 5% reduced critchance, 6% less damage

Flammability: 8,8% Fire resistance, 2.8% chance to be ignited by fire dmg

Frostbite: 8,8% Cold resistance, 2.8% chance to be Frozen by cold dmg

Vulnerability: 5,8% more physical damage taken, 6,6% more dot damage taken

Punishment: we dont attack and don´t apply the "punisher" buff. Should have no effect.

Warlords mark: 6% reduced stun and block recovery, 0,4% leech and 2% chance to be stunned

Numbers are rounded UP in the game

// One more thought i had. If you're looking for some effective boss DPS without switching to kikazaru would taking elemental equilibrium be effective with vaal lightning trap?

Im sceptical about using frostbolt and hrimburn for the power charge generation. I mean it takes 1 fail and u are without powercharges on the bossfight, and that's what we're trying to solve.

Totems proc EE im afraid
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Elemental_Equilibrium

Although https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Malachai%27s_Artifice with fire golem would work.
That would be easier to sustain on single targets, basically 37.5% reduced resistances instead of 50 but for only a ring slot.
//After testing in PoB im going to test this. Huge boost in damage if it works
//After testing in game it works with like a charm. Im gonna use this and see how it does against bosses!

There's also another thing we've not touched on. Getting temp chains/assassins mark corruption on gloves and going another curse (4 points)
Last edited by blubaer on Dec 18, 2017, 12:49:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info