Severe Fps Drops post 3.1

2.6 was perfect for me, 3.0 gave me some headaches because of the performance issues and now 3.1 is literally unplayable, 1024x768 and still 30FPS with several drops while in other games that have roughly or even the same requeriments I get 100 stable ones with a 1920x1080 resolution lol.
Ongoing, who would have thought.

This is fine, Abyss is great content that the core game needs.

Canned response from support telling me to update my driver, already did this and it was more unstable. Using the commonly accepted older driver to be more stable as suggested by the community.

I replied with this earlier in the email thread a month ago. People consistently talk highly of GGG's support and have positive interactions. This chain started two months ago with my first emails with this issue and we're still talking in circles about drivers and dx versions when this thread has been linked to them and the methods I have attempted listed to them.

I'm sorry, but how is this quality support? I get the feeling they are attempting to just wait me out for the new league to see if that alleviates the issues. I don't get it. I really don't, like I've mentioned previously I will not be getting any more supporter packs from the company it really seems like the only way to get my opinion heard is to voice it with my wallet. I know my lack of purchases will not put a dent in their cash flow, but at least I won't feel like an idiot when I have a two month email chain with technical support with the same basic questions instead of any resolution.

Sorry GGG, but your technical customer service is terrible.
Last edited by lif44 on Feb 13, 2018, 2:07:51 AM
"
lif44 wrote:

Canned response from support telling me to update my driver, already did this and it was more unstable. Using the commonly accepted older driver to be more stable as suggested by the community.

I replied with this earlier in the email thread a month ago. People consistently talk highly of GGG's support and have positive interactions. This chain started two months ago with my first emails with this issue and we're still talking in circles about drivers and dx versions when this thread has been linked to them and the methods I have attempted listed to them.

I'm sorry, but how is this quality support? I get the feeling they are attempting to just wait me out for the new league to see if that alleviates the issues. I don't get it. I really don't, like I've mentioned previously I will not be getting any more supporter packs from the company it really seems like the only way to get my opinion heard is to voice it with my wallet. I know my lack of purchases will not put a dent in their cash flow, but at least I won't feel like an idiot when I have a two month email chain with technical support with the same basic questions instead of any resolution.

Stop complaining when you have an pc which has a (i5)budget CPU which is 6 years old now, and a graphics card which is also a budget one over 5 years old.

You can't expect top performance with that.

You can't complain about that it "worked great" few months ago, it just means your pc even got older through time.

Are you gonna complain BF1 cannot run at high settings with your PC too? or all the other games that your PC can't handle? Stop treating GGG unfair just because you have an old ass computer.

You have spend enough on supporter packs, why didn't you update your pc yet?

You know there are streamers right? who even get 0 fps loss or lag when even running the stream from the same PC.. its just your old i5 and 960.. its time to upgrade. No other blabla or this or that, your pc, it had its time.
Last edited by expjah on Feb 13, 2018, 12:52:28 PM
"
expjah wrote:
"
lif44 wrote:

Stop complaining when you have an pc which has a (i5)budget CPU which is 6 years old now, and a graphics card which is also a budget one over 5 years old.

You can't expect top performance with that.

You can't complain about that it "worked great" few months ago, it just means your pc even got older through time.

Are you gonna complain BF1 cannot run at high settings with your PC too? or all the other games that your PC can't handle? Stop treating GGG unfair just because you have an old ass computer.

You have spend enough on supporter packs, why didn't you update your pc yet?

You know there are streamers right? who even get 0 fps loss or lag when even running the stream from the same PC.. its just your old i5 and 960.. its time to upgrade. No other blabla or this or that, your pc, it had its time.

@expjah - Guess an X99 I7-6850K @ 3.6 GHZ, 6 cores, 12 threads also had it's time.

Lets just face it, POE just runs like shit for a lot of people and GGG doesn't really give a damn.
There are people in this thread with I7s and 1080s having the same issues friend.

There are no recommended settings for the game that aren't five years old, how are we supposed to know what to even go off of?

Like I've said previously, the issue didn't arise until 3.1 and it seems many others have had said issue arise with said patch as well (corpse overhaul/new zones etc).

I'm not asking for top performance, all my settings are on low and changing them to Runescape mode via the ini does nothing for the fps as long as I'm near abyss mobs I have drops, when I'm not near abyss mobs I run fine.

Fyi, I run bf1 just fine. Subnautica just fine. PubG just fine.

But yeah man just me bitching.

E: Why don't my out of date components show they are under heavy load during the fps drops? Why aren't my components stressing and over heating when getting said fps drops?

Last edited by lif44 on Feb 13, 2018, 4:12:16 PM
Finaly, i fix my frame rate with add " (#0) " after display name on "production_Config"

(C:\Users\"name user"\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile )

Like this : adapter_name=NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960(#0)

before this change : very laggy, load map vey long (a lot disconnection) (20-50 Fps with some freeze)

After : 0 lag, stable 60-90 fps
on going.
Gotta throw my hat in the ring on this one as well. I've been playing since 2013 and the performance issues are the worst they've ever been for me. What a disappointing way to start a new league.
bald
"
Gogodrop37 wrote:
Finaly, i fix my frame rate with add " (#0) " after display name on "production_Config"

(C:\Users\"name user"\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile )

Like this : adapter_name=NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960(#0)

before this change : very laggy, load map vey long (a lot disconnection) (20-50 Fps with some freeze)

After : 0 lag, stable 60-90 fps

This work on AMD also? INFO plx

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info