Frame rate stuttering since 3.1

Has anyone else been having issues with lower frame rate since the update? Ever since breach league the game has run REALLY well for me. Stable 60fps almost all the time. Now, however, its never stable and the stuttering issues that used to plague the game have returned for me.

I have a GTX 1060 3gb and an AMD 8350fx with 16gbs of ram. The game is still playable but its very frustrating. The stuttering sometimes is just bad enough to get me killed when I need to react quickly. I have checked my temps and updated my gfx drivers. Turning the gfx options down in game doesnt help at all (which is very odd).

I would feel better knowing if it is not just me having this issue. I really hope its not a hardware issue. My gfx card and cpu are still pretty new. Only a few months old. Any suggestions you may have that could help would be appreciated as well.

Thanks for taking the time to read and thank you GGG for such a fun game.
Last edited by pyres on Jun 19, 2018, 12:32:36 AM
Last bumped on Apr 11, 2019, 4:58:50 AM
I had the same issue

Check and see if you are in windowed full screen

Mine defaulted to windowed full screen for some reason, I changed it back to fullscreen and the fps spikes went away
I have always played in windowed fullscreen. I did try it in normal fullscreen but I am still getting them unfortunately. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Not to sound like a bad person but every big update GGG pushing out its just luck of the draw whether or not your set up is going to experience problems running poe. Mine fell around the time they pushed out dx11. It ran like a dream on and off until they pushed multithreading out of the beta it was in (when the xbox version released).

With multithreading turned on it would push cpu usage up to 80% sometimes in towns 90%. Not talking spikes either all the time 80%. That is not a good sign.

All I can say is if your experience performance issues unless everyone is going through it, it's not a no.1 job for GGG. You're in the boat of waiting for 3.2 then rolling the dice with the rest of us now.

I'm maybe one or two patches away from not being able to play the game anymore, without upgrading my PC. Then again that's a throw of the dice when playing poe.
Yep, I've had the same stutter issues since 3.1 came out. The stuttering happens anywhere - in town, maps, hideout...

GTX 1080 8GB
Intel i5-4690K
16MB RAM

Tried everything I can think of: lowering settings, switching between Windowed Fullscreen and Fullscreen, graphics drivers, shutting down other programs, even changing Windows' power options to "Performance". Nothing's worked.
Well I reinstalled the game, reinstalled my gfx drivers twice, ran multiple virus and malware/adware scans, tried DX9 and DX9ex versions and even turned the resolution WAY down with the other settings turned down as far as possible. Still get severe fps drops. For the last 3 leagues the game has run beautifully for me. The worst fps drops happen when monsters are casting spells but it happens anywhere in the game. I am convinced this is an issue with the game and not a hardware issue I am having. It is just bad enough for me to be thinking about quitting until the issue is fixed. I encourage anyone else having a similar issue to post a reply so maybe there will be some attention given to it. I have not seen a lot of people saying they are having an issue but there are enough that maybe GGG will acknowledge it. I was planning to buy Abyss supporter packs when they came out but if this issue is not resolved then I doubt I will be playing long enough to see them. Help us GGG.
i've had the same problem but with 3.0 ever since 3.0 its been under 20 fps at times while in legacy and breach league it was a smooth 60 fps, i just kinda got used to it since then. and of course they didn't fix it or offer a solution
Same here. Before the patch I always had smooth 60fps, but now it's unplayable. I tried changing every single option like you. It's sad, I just bought some armour and character effects and was really excited finally reaching endgame this league.
It seems that during the last bugfixes a part of the production_Config.ini was changed to default values, with

max_PS_shader_model=ps_4_0
max_VS_shader_model=vs_4_0

i get 10 fps instead the usual 60 any time a spell hits a mob, with

max_PS_shader_model=ps_2_0
max_VS_shader_model=vs_2_0

no drop.
Dont forget to delete the isides of the shader cache folders after a change.
I am getting stutters but mine is happens when I get the random instance latency lag.

Force reloading an instance, sometimes multiple times, fixes it and removes the stuttering.

Very strange issue and I am not looking forward to mapping in this league as a result....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info