Zombies and Golems should remain with relog

"
Pegoth wrote:
"
Telzen wrote:
If your zombies are so tanky that they never die, don't complain about having to set them up a single time when you log in. That's a pretty good damn trade off for never having to resummon them when playing.

Why people defend the game like their life depends on it? Also, not like I asked them anything big, it's just a litle QoL. Wouldn't change anything for non summoners...

that little qol would require them to change their data storage architecture

you have to understand that in order to make the minions persistent like specters ... you need to have a database to save their information.

this isn't just about having a field somewhere saying how many zombies you have active.

and then you need to consider that they would need have this change applied .. to every single player account ever created... which would require extra space since there are a lot of accounts out there.

this isn't even considering the time and money they would need to invest into designing how they would implement this "simple qol".

Money dont grow on tree's and they only have so many developers with only so much time to dedicate to a task
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Feb 26, 2018, 7:54:24 AM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

you have to understand that in order to make the minions persistent like specters ... you need to have a database to save their information.

this isn't just about having a field somewhere saying how many zombies you have active.

and then you need to consider that they would need have this change applied .. to every single player account ever created... which would require extra space since there are a lot of accounts out there.

this isn't even considering the time and money they would need to invest into designing how they would implement this "simple qol".

Money dont grow on tree's and they only have so many developers with only so much time to dedicate to a task

They already have the table for the spectres (I'm hoping they didn't do a hacky solution), depending how they did that it could be easy to do.

Worst case: Save the zombies as "special spectres" in the database. Then change the current system that checks how many zombies you have spawned (when using the skill) to check the "special spectres" (the zombies) instead.

I'm a programmer, so I know it should be easy to do (depending on how their data structure is for minions).

Only problem I can see with that idea is that the old content is probably a badly written (but working) code and to change it they would need to rewrite a lot of things, which doesn't worth it just to keep the zombies. In that case I would understand and stop bumping the trhread.
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

I don't think it would be a big work.

They just need to re-summon the same numbers of minions that players summoned before they logout.
"
Pegoth wrote:

Why people defend the game like their life depends on it? Also, not like I asked them anything big, it's just a litle QoL. Wouldn't change anything for non summoners...

Summoners already have enough advantages. Sometimes there can be too much qol and this is the case. Why do you want this like your life depends on it?
"
Nubatack wrote:
"
Pegoth wrote:

Summoners already have enough advantages. Sometimes there can be too much qol and this is the case. Why do you want this like your life depends on it?

Because it feels wierd that some of the stuff remains and some doesn't. Feels like when I write a code and halfway I give up and it just sits there half working.
"
Pegoth wrote:

They already have the table for the spectres (I'm hoping they didn't do a hacky solution), depending how they did that it could be easy to do.

Worst case: Save the zombies as "special spectres" in the database. Then change the current system that checks how many zombies you have spawned (when using the skill) to check the "special spectres" (the zombies) instead.

I'm a programmer, so I know it should be easy to do (depending on how their data structure is for minions).

Only problem I can see with that idea is that the old content is probably a badly written (but working) code and to change it they would need to rewrite a lot of things, which doesn't worth it just to keep the zombies. In that case I would understand and stop bumping the trhread.

Do you know how long it took them to put that table in? they already had a persistent minion in the guardian and it took them 3 YEARS to get the specters persistent

"
smtad wrote:

I don't think it would be a big work.
They just need to re-summon the same numbers of minions that players summoned before they logout.

Unless you intimately know their resources , architecture and schedule.. there is no way you can make that claim

talk is cheap, there are billions of ways to implement something for a billion different use cases and what works for one thing might not at all work for another thing.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Feb 26, 2018, 12:45:43 PM
"
Pegoth wrote:
"
Nubatack wrote:
"
Pegoth wrote:

Because it feels wierd that some of the stuff remains and some doesn't. Feels like when I write a code and halfway I give up and it just sits there half working.

Specters stay because it took A LOT of time to find and summon them. Zombies and golem you can get in your hideout in 1 minute even if you have to use mana flask or deactivate 1 aura. Part of being a summoner and have to accept that. If you choose to reserve all you mana - that's the slight inconvenience that comes with it. Qol activists are becoming as ridiculous as SJW ones lol
Of course it is not needed, that's why I even said QoL. Do we NEED that many stash tabs? No, yet I love them all (I have all types of tabs even though I'm a casual scrub), because they make stashing easier and quicker.

Do I NEED this feature? No, yet I would love to just log in and go mapping without turning off 1-2 aura, casting zombies with manaflask (or ~1 min, depends) and then go for mapping.

See the similarity?

Also what do you lose by implementing it, if you are not a summoner? Nothing, so I don't get why you even bother counter arguing.

If you can't bring a valid reason against this request (balance wise) then just ignore it.
Last edited by Pegoth on Feb 27, 2018, 10:29:39 AM
Holy fuck, guys.

I don't remember the last time I saw such blind fanboyism behavior, and my bar is set pretty high given the forum we are in.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
Nubatack wrote:
Specters stay because it took A LOT of time to find and summon them. Zombies and golem you can get in your hideout in 1 minute even if you have to use mana flask or deactivate 1 aura. Part of being a summoner and have to accept that. If you choose to reserve all you mana - that's the slight inconvenience that comes with it. Qol activists are becoming as ridiculous as SJW ones lol

Well the thing is, the code is already there, extending it to zombies wouldn't be too much trouble. And balance and stuff has nothing to do with such a discussion, it is a reasonable suggestion and that is basically all that matters.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info